Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby jojo

what milkins do ?

i just turned on now look like a great win for allen i went for a milkins allen final with milkins winning

selby might be world number one im not having a go but one or two players dont think he a proper number one at the moment and i agree

the fact that he entering every event going might have something to do with him being number one

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I honestly can't believe people are writing Lee off already. It's going to be a lot closer than people think, and Lee has a good chance to win.

It will be a good and very close match, I can garantee you that

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:what milkins do ?

i just turned on now look like a great win for allen i went for a milkins allen final with milkins winning

selby might be world number one im not having a go but one or two players dont think he a proper number one at the moment and i agree

the fact that he entering every event going might have something to do with him being number one

A lot of players have entered every event this season. Selby has entered every event and done well. If someone wants his no1 place they can't just win one tournament and then chill out for the rest of the season.

Postby kostasmad

I am sure Lee will win a close final.

He is much more experienced than Allen and has a very good record in finals. He is not a bottler as well...

Situation reminds me of his final with Murphy that everyone thought that Murphy will win and he thrash him...

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I honestly can't believe people are writing Lee off already. It's going to be a lot closer than people think, and Lee has a good chance to win.

of course he has a chance but in all honesty Allen will have to give him a Lot of Help.

The way Allen responds under Pressure is Inspired i wouldnt fancy Lee to do the same if Allen puts Lee under Presure.

= Allen all the way.

Postby Andre147

A Lee v Allen final would be something... and I honestly cant say who would be going to win that one.. maybe slightly favour Allen, but Lee is playing very good himself this 2nd half of the season.. the best since the early 2000s

Postby jojo

i wouldnt write lee off he a winner of four ranking events in what most call the strongest era ever and he been showing that form of late

allen on the other hand has never won a trophy so lee has every chance of winning even though i agree reading some of the comments allen played really well to come back

Postby Andre147

Selby deserves his no1 status as much as everyone else has deserved it... for his consistency in ranking events, even if he isnt winning them.. if someone wnats to be no1, he will have to be as consistent as selby has been, and winning events doesnt mean everyhing, as skullman just said

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
jojo wrote:what milkins do ?

A lot of players have entered every event this season. Selby has entered every event and done well. If someone wants his no1 place they can't just win one tournament and then chill out for the rest of the season.

spot on consistancy is the name of the game

Bingham won the first main ranker of the season and Selby won the second...

Where as Selby has consoledated with consistant results Bingham has fallen back.

People are Forgetting Selby is the only player with a Winner and Runner up spot in main Rankers this season Allen could be the second.

Postby Andre147

jojo wrote:how about looking at it this way take away all the ptc events this season and who has the most ranking points ? one for witz to work out

apart from ptcs, selby is the one with most I reckon.. murphy in 2nd place maybe

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:I have to be honest, I have no interest in the final. I think Mark Allen will win and I'm certainly not setting my alarm clock.

But you'll miss Lee's incredible performance to go 8-0 up on Allen, beating Hendry's record of centuries in a best of 19. ;-)

Postby SnookerAnalyst

Andre147 wrote:
jojo wrote:how about looking at it this way take away all the ptc events this season and who has the most ranking points ? one for witz to work out

apart from ptcs, selby is the one with most I reckon.. murphy in 2nd place maybe

Yes, Including points from this event Selby has won the most, followed by Allen & Murphy. Selby's actually only 10th on the PTC ranking point list - that includes guaranteed points from the Grand Finals.