Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open W C and Last 32 Discussi

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
maybe busy outside the fancy jewellery shops and hair salons :limp: he was in, but dead as a dodo in the arena <ok>

Speaking of trump i have gave up trying to get his number 1 FB back on here

HE IS A STUBBORN *****

Ryan Summers aint that bad mate :D

Hes at the world open this week in his body guard role

:limp:

Bodyguard? What is he going to protect Judd from, women? rofl I'd be more worried about the bloke who follows me everywhere. Do they share the same room :limp:

rumour has it hes actually Judds bodygay-rd

and if nexccesary he will put himself in the line of fire and act as a shield and jump on Judd :ymca:

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/latest-projected-seedings/

What does this mean? cause it says Dale is ranked 2oth?

thats the provisional seedings for Wuxi (new ranking event) shanghai and Aussie Open next season

Okay I see! 20 is a good starting point if he can keep his ranking around there and get off to a good start next season :-)

He needs to draw an out of sort higgins/ding or carter/bingham to have a good run.

Dale in the top 16 would be the ultimate joke

weve already got Selby in the "ELITE"

we dont need another clown

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just rewatching on Sky+. Is it just me or is the audience very poor? Looks almost empty.

crowds in China are always a joke

just comes across terrible on tv with no atmosphere

im starting to think its overkill in China

3 rankers max they should have

get some more in Europe (including one in Scotland)

agreed

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Wild wrote:

thats the provisional seedings for Wuxi (new ranking event) shanghai and Aussie Open next season

Okay I see! 20 is a good starting point if he can keep his ranking around there and get off to a good start next season :-)

He needs to draw an out of sort higgins/ding or carter/bingham to have a good run.

Dale in the top 16 would be the ultimate joke

weve already got Selby in the "ELITE"

we dont need another clown

The important question is how are Gould and Bingham in there? Gould hasn't beaten a top player since Shanghai, while Bingham has done nothing since Australia except beat qualifiers. At least Selby gets to the business end of tourneys and beats the other top players.

Edit: How long has the new feature that tells me someone has posted since I started writing a post been there? <ok>
Last edited by Skullman on 28 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

wonder how many of them events at the start of next season Ronnie will make :-D

daft thing is looking at the rankings if hed entered this event here and won it he could have been almost level with Robbo potentially plus with Robbo and all the guys below him with far more to lose next season.

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Missed it. What was it?

some documentary about fitness

in the end they drew the conclusion that you can get fit by doing just 3 x ONE minute intense exercise routines 4 times a week :spot on:

edit: when i said YOU i wasnt specifally referring to you <doh> rofl

Postby Dannyboy

Sorry to go back to the wildcard rubbish. What is the protocol for points and prize money?
Do the tour pros get L32 points for winning their qualifers as normal. Do they get the full L32 prize money or nothing?

Surely a better format would be to give maybe the local wildcards 8 places in the tournament proper and an extra qualifying round back in Sheffield?

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of February

6.30am GMT

Mark Selby 5-3 Lu Ning
Mark Williams 1-5 Mark King
Mark Allen 5-1 Jimmy Robertson
Matthew Stevens 4-5 Joe Perry

11.30am GMT

Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry
Stephen Maguire v Robert Milkins
Martin Gould v Jamie Cope

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:Sorry to go back to the wildcard rubbish. What is the protocol for points and prize money?
Do the tour pros get L32 points for winning their qualifers as normal. Do they get the full L32 prize money or nothing?

yes wild card loser gets everything last 32 loser gets.

Postby Wildey

Mark Allen ‏ @pistol147

Journey a nightmare, people are ignorant, place stinks, arenas rubbish, tables poor, foods horrendous. Other than that I love china!!!

lets disect what mark said.

Journey a nightmare= well thats part of being a sportsman not every tournament can be played on your front lawn.

people are ignorant= there can be ignorant people in every country some snooker players take some beating on that score.

place stinks= cant coment on that not got smelly vision

arenas rubbish=not any worst than others ive seen from a TV Perspective

tables poor= dont give a flying rubbish about that play with table given.

foods horrendous = well i hate chinese food too.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:People are ignorant is the only comment I have a problem with. He's clearly the ignorant one here.

regarding the arena thats why im against just taking the world from the crucible for the hell of it just because a place is bigger......its got to be in the right place.

Postby Roland

He's just apologised for the people are ignorant comment, I reckon he's had a jab in the ribs from someone. I think the other comments are fair enough, it's his perspective and he speaks his mind. It won't win him any fans but at least he's honest.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:He really shouldn't have said the people are ignorant - the rest is fair game but he went a bit too far.

yea but really players cant be going criticising traveling to china they are a major investor in the sport now.

if they say sod you snooker would really be in the poops.

the likes of Thorburn and charlton did the long haul for years to britain why shouldnt brits have to do it now.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:He's just apologised for the people are ignorant comment, I reckon he's had a jab in the ribs from someone. I think the other comments are fair enough, it's his perspective and he speaks his mind. It won't win him any fans but at least he's honest.

Well, at least he apologised for it I guess. He really should have thought a bit more about that one.