No votes
Neil Foulds
No votes
Other
30%

Total votes : 10

Re: Best Single ball potter ever

Postby Wildey

on this criteria "One ball for your life, match or frame who would it be." it just cant be Ronnie he would let the pressure get to him and walk out letting you die rofl

Postby Wildey

Rocket_ron wrote:Wild with Hendo again

under pressure he steped it up better than anyone so life or death hendo all day long for me.

Postby Skullman

Well Hendry's the best pressure player, so I had to pick him. Plus it's not like he was a bad potter.

Postby Witz78

Ahhhhhhh single ball potter

youve got the wrong players in the wrong polls mate

if its about single ball potting then likes of Lee fits in here (prob a tight squeeze fitting him in anywhere mind you)

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Ahhhhhhh single ball potter

if its about single ball potting then likes of Lee fits in here (prob a tight squeeze fitting him in anywhere mind you)

yes i've totally made a mess of the polls tbh

Postby Wildey

Rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Ahhhhhhh single ball potter

yes i've totally made a mess of the polls tbh

<laugh>

Postby Sickpotter

Certainly can't leave White of the list........

Best single ball potter ever....Pier Mans (probably mis-spelled), he was before my time but I heard there was no one better.

For the record I'd go with Hendry having witnessed his best under pressure. IMO no player better to handle it.

Of course I wouldn't go that way now but I'm assuming we're talking about the individual players in their prime.

Postby Wildey

Sickpotter wrote: I'm assuming we're talking about the individual players in their prime.

yes otherwise Neal Foulds wouldnt be there <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Sickpotter wrote: I'm assuming we're talking about the individual players in their prime.

Foulds was good at his peak but he fairly declined rapidly didnt he

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Foulds was good at his peak but he fairly declined rapidly didnt he

1986-1987 was his peak years.

he was at that time ahead of his peer John Parrott and tipped as the hair aparant to the crown of Steve Davis and then health issues meant his career nose dived very fast.

Postby Witz78

funny how certain players are grouped together by each of us for various reasons.

i always grouped together Knowles, Foulds and Hallet for some reason, i think cos they were English and had similar kinda hairstyles.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:funny how certain players are grouped together by each of us for various reasons.

i always grouped together Knowles, Foulds and Hallet for some reason, i think cos they were English and had similar kinda hairstyles.

i grouped together

Reardon,Spencer,Higgins,Thorburn,Charlton,Dennis Taylor

Davis,Knowles,White,Hallett,Kirk Stevens

Foulds,Parrott

Postby Monique

That's me! I only ever pot one ball at a time … well usually. I've had some blips. Even made a 25 ONCE. Shame on me!