Post a reply

Selby on the draw

Postby Roland

http://www.markselby.info/blog.html

Here comes Ken again

The draw for the World Championships has thrown up a few interesting matches, not least my own against Ken Doherty.

Ken beat me in the first round of the Grand Prix earlier in the season, and he has been very much a man in form. But I will be out for revenge and determined to get my Crucible challenge off to a flying start.

I’m in China this week taking part in a few exhibitions, but I was kept informed of the draw as it was happening. Playing Ken will be tough, but then they’re all tough. I will go into the match full of confidence though, because I’ve had a good start to the year and I’m playing really well at the moment.

I’m delighted to see my fellow Leicester pro Tom Ford in the last 32. He will make his debut against Mark Allen and is more than capable of causing an upset.

Other matches to spring out include Stephen Hendry against Zhang Anda, Ronnie O’Sullivan against Liang Wenbo, and Joe Perry against Michael Holt.

Hendry will not know much about Zhang, I don’t think anyone does, while Ronnie will perhaps not be too pleased at being drawn against Liang again. Then again, I don’t think Liang will be all that chuffed either. And the other match is a clash between two of my mates and practice partners, Joe and Michael. I wouldn’t like to say which way that one is going to go!

My match against Ken starts on Saturday, April 17 at 7pm. I hope to see you there.

Re: Selby on the draw

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:http://www.markselby.info/blog.html

Here comes Ken again

The draw for the World Championships has thrown up a few interesting matches, not least my own against Ken Doherty.

Ken beat me in the first round of the Grand Prix earlier in the season, and he has been very much a man in form. But I will be out for revenge and determined to get my Crucible challenge off to a flying start.

I’m in China this week taking part in a few exhibitions, but I was kept informed of the draw as it was happening. Playing Ken will be tough, but then they’re all tough. I will go into the match full of confidence though, because I’ve had a good start to the year and I’m playing really well at the moment.

I’m delighted to see my fellow Leicester pro Tom Ford in the last 32. He will make his debut against Mark Allen and is more than capable of causing an upset.

Other matches to spring out include Stephen Hendry against Zhang Anda, Ronnie O’Sullivan against Liang Wenbo, and Joe Perry against Michael Holt.

Hendry will not know much about Zhang, I don’t think anyone does, while Ronnie will perhaps not be too pleased at being drawn against Liang again. Then again, I don’t think Liang will be all that chuffed either. And the other match is a clash between two of my mates and practice partners, Joe and Michael. I wouldn’t like to say which way that one is going to go!

My match against Ken starts on Saturday, April 17 at 7pm. I hope to see you there.

yeh ill see you there then Mark <ok>

But if your losing to Ken, i might have to serve you a writ for the money youll have cost me at the bookies rofl

Postby Wildey

i want mark to win but if it means you loose money i might cheer for ken <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:i want mark to win but if it means you loose money i might cheer for ken <ok>

ok but im gonna put money on Hendry too then just so you can cheer on Zhang rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:"I hope to see you there" - does that mean he is not doing his rent-a-crowd this year............ :wave: <ok>

He can't afford it now he's been served a writ.

Postby Casey

I'll see you on the Sunday Mark, an autograph would be nice :wave: