Post a reply

Provisional Calendar for 2012/13

Postby Skullman

This has been out for a few days, but I didn't notice any threads about it, so I decided to post one where we can discuss things.

Provisional Calendar

We already knew most of what was coming, with the Wuxi Classic being upgraded to a ranker and the new International Championship in Oct/Nov (imaginative name there World Snooker :chuckle:).

There is a 'potential new ranker' (now that's a name :mosh2: !) in March, which is probably the Indian event we were meant to have this year

Thre are now four midseason ranking cutoffs so for one extra tournament we get thge 'excitement' of seeing who will stay in the top16 at each point. World Snooker have tried to fix the problem with the Worlds cut off slightly by having it after the World Open, but then they screw up again by adding another tournament after the cutoff :grrr:

Anyway that's enough about my thoughts, let's hear yours.

Re: Provisional Calendar for 2012/13

Postby Roland

Just glanced, much similar to this season and some new additions and changes. Note only 4 UK PTCs.

Postby Witz78

Starting to head towards the farcial stage having all the qualifiers and the tour UK centric given theres TWICE as many rankers in Asia / Australia compared to the UK now.

Asian players will start to wonder why they should have to base themselves in the UK.

Looks like theres a few more Power Snooker events planned too going by the calendar.

Postby The Cueist

Witz78 wrote:Starting to head towards the farcial stage having all the qualifiers and the tour UK centric given theres TWICE as many rankers in Asia / Australia compared to the UK now.

Asian players will start to wonder why they should have to base themselves in the UK.

Looks like theres a few more Power Snooker events planned too going by the calendar.

We have World's,UK and Master's. ;-) We lead the way. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :-)

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:NO Brazil Masters i notice

theres no power snooker either but somehow you can see that bullocks on there :chin: <doh>

Postby Casey

Yes it was worth a try, but it didn't work. You need £70k first prize to make that tournament work imo.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

Yes it was worth a try, but it didn't work. You need £70k first prize to make that tournament work imo.

nothing on the callender = no brazilian masters

29th of August- 1st september Potential Invitational
11th of October-14th of October Potential Invitational

wont think much of World Snooker if they give up on Potentially a mass Market and open new Doors.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:Starting to head towards the farcial stage having all the qualifiers and the tour UK centric given theres TWICE as many rankers in Asia / Australia compared to the UK now.

Asian players might still have to base themselves in the UK regardless of number of rankers. You can only improve by practising with the best, and unless the entire population practice with Ding, they'll have to go the UK for that.

Postby Casey

Whats the International Championships? China Team event and the two potential invitational events?

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Whats the International Championships? China Team event and the two potential invitational events?

International Championship is one of the five rankers in China next season, the one that is meant to have the £125,000 top prize. Not sure what the format will be.

Postby Dannyboy

Hmm... might pop along to that golf day - I have relatives that live next to the course and have the broken roof tiles to prove it!

The new European Tour is an idea shared with the PDC darts. Hopefully prize money will be doubled for these tournaments.

The Brazil Masters will probably be the "potential invitational event".

Postby Dannyboy

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:Whats the International Championships? China Team event and the two potential invitational events?

International Championship is one of the five rankers in China next season, the one that is meant to have the £125,000 top prize. Not sure what the format will be.

Shocking name though. Surely "World Matchplay" would've been better?

Postby Skullman

Dannyboy wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Shocking name though. Surely "World Matchplay" would've been better?

Let's face it none of the tournaments, except some of the PTCs, have names that are that imaginative. Athough the best name is clearly the Potential New Ranker in March :-D

Postby SnookerFan

I notice that The Masters will be in a London venue, yet to be confirmed. I wonder what that means.

I assume it'll be at the Alexandra Palace, if the Palace is free that week. The crowds were so good this year. Probably just they didn't want to sign a multi-year contract at the venue, until it proved a success.

The only reason I can see they wouldn't have it there is if Ally Pally was booked with other things in January.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Golf Day?

It's when the entire tour go to visit Ryan's dad. He has a weird name, but he's Welsh. :shrug:

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Golf Day?

It's when the entire tour go to visit Ryan's dad. He has a weird name, but he's Welsh. :shrug:

Hey, Golf Day. I see what you did there. :hatoff: