Post a reply

Chamberlain Retires

Postby PLtheRef

Just to announce Alan Chamberlain has formally retired from the game at the age of 67.

I know this will delight some of you given what has happened in previous years but Alan is a good ref - who I've picked up a bit from and I'm going to wish him the best in retirement.

Re: Chamberlain Retires

Postby Witz78

The last iconic ref of the old school era. I know my shoot outs have caused AC to cast a beady eye in my direction on many occasions and i'll admit it was scary, in a sort of strict old school teacher way, when you realised you had upset him rofl

It doesnt suit snooker having young refs and female refs IMO

In the iconic days of snooker, part of the magic was the certain atmosphere between rebellious players and the refs who played everything by the book no matter how unreasonable it seemed.

Farewell Alan. :D

Postby PLtheRef

Witz78 wrote:The last iconic ref of the old school era. I know my shoot outs have caused AC to cast a beady eye in my direction on many occasions and i'll admit it was scary, in a sort of strict old school teacher way, when you realised you had upset him rofl

In the iconic days of snooker, part of the magic was the certain atmosphere between rebellious players and the refs who played everything by the book no matter how unreasonable it seemed.

I'm a ref and I'm 19 :) whats wrong with a ref my age? :D

Postby Wildey

age should not be a issue neither should gender.

Postby Witz78

PLtheRef wrote:
Witz78 wrote:The last iconic ref of the old school era. I know my shoot outs have caused AC to cast a beady eye in my direction on many occasions and i'll admit it was scary, in a sort of strict old school teacher way, when you realised you had upset him rofl

I'm a ref and I'm 19 :) whats wrong with a ref my age? :D

nothing but im a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to certain things <ok>