Topic locked

888真人 Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Monday 13th - Sunday 19th of February at the Newport Centre,Newport

Well, after the Last 32 most of the big names find themselves still in the tournament. John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Selby, Mark Williams, Judd Trump and Ding Junhui are all in the Last 16, but perhaps more surprisingly, so is Stephen Hendry following an excellent 4-1 victory over in-form Neil Robertson. The Nugget Steve Davis beat Ali Carter whilst there were wins for Mark Allen, Stephen Maguire, Tom Ford, Matthew Stevens, Stuart Bingham, Stephen Lee, Shaun Murphy and Martin Gould.

8 more dreams will be shattered this evening and tomorrow, but whos?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

Image Image BBC SNOOKERImage

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby gallantrabbit

Dreams of winning the Welsh open...? Well ok yes.

Littel bit disappointing the prize money for this week. With a new Chinese sponsor on board shouldn't Hearn have pushed out for more than 30k for the winner. Ronnie won 50k in Euros last week for a 2/3 year old tourney...?

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

gallantrabbit wrote:Dreams of winning the Welsh open...? Well ok yes.

Littel bit disappointing the prize money for this week. With a new Chinese sponsor on board shouldn't Hearn have pushed out for more than 30k for the winner. Ronnie won 50k in Euros last week for a 2/3 year old tourney...?

Maybe I was pushing the boat out slightly, but they do obviously want to win it.

Postby Skullman

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:

Maybe I was pushing the boat out slightly, but they do obviously want to win it.

Well as Wild would say, players should want to win every tournament they enter, like Davis and Hendry did.

Well Wild would probably have worse spelling and more swearing, but you get the idea.

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Skullman wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:

Well as Wild would say, players should want to win every tournament they enter, like Davis and Hendry did.

Well Wild would probably have worse spelling and more swearing, but you get the idea.

Hah. You've only been here a day but you're learning!

Postby Skullman

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:

Hah. You've only been here a day but you're learning!

Well I did read the forums before I joined, but Wild personality is... distinct and I would have picked it up quickly anyway. ;-)

Postby hendry_fan

So,tonight sees the start of the (last 16)

John Higgins v Ding Junhui

Tough one to call this one.
Higgins and Ding have,nt been in best of form for a while now,both been a bit wobbly of late.I have a feeling that Ding will win this match though.

Shaun Murphy v Steve Davis

It,s clear,if Davis can play tonight like he did against Carter,then he certainly has a chance,in just over 30 mins we,re gonna find out if he can indeed keep this good form going or not.

Davis has done very well to get this far but I personaly think Murphy will spoil n stop Davises good run.

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:are the matches still best of seven ?

and which is the tv table on eurosport player and bbc wales thanks

higgins match is on table 1

davis match on steaming :-)

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:what you mean by streaming ? havent eurosport and bbc wales got one live table ?

fromsport shows both tables :-)

Postby GJ

After stevens winning today by my maths unless ronnie makes the semis he will be in selbys round 2 section for the worlds.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:After stevens winning today by my maths unless ronnie makes the semis he will be in selbys round 2 section for the worlds.

I'm both will be thrilled with that. They seem like each other so much.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:After stevens winning today by my maths unless ronnie makes the semis he will be in selbys round 2 section for the worlds.

good. bring it on, Wiggy aint a threat no more <ok>

how did todays games go GJ? was holed up in meetings all day so only saw the results :mood:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

good. bring it on, Wiggy aint a threat no more <ok>

how did todays games go GJ? was holed up in meetings all day so only saw the results :mood:

Ronnie played ok but did enough 4-1 win

Stevens v hawkins both had 96 % pot success top class match stevens 4-3 win

Allen won 4-0 Doherty was dire

Maguire beat the rookie 4-2 no idea how the frames went in it

Postby Roland

I don't think Adam Wicheard is a rookie, think he was on tour a couple of seasons ago. Point taken though, he's a new face to many people. He's actually Ben's regular practice partner.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Higgins vs Ding on BBC Wales. Where can I watch the other match?

Edit: Nevermind Fromsport to the rescue.

I got it on fromsport.

My Virgin Box has BBC Wales, but not BBC 2 Wales. Rubbish.

(What are the odds Witz now makes a joke about a man with my love life, it's apt I have a Virgin Box?)