25%
Mark Selby
10%
Neil Robertson
5%
Other (please state)
30%

Total votes : 20

Re: Whose going to win 2010 betfred world title?

Postby GJ

good man rocket :ahh:

I think robbo will have learnt alot from last year when he reached the 1 table set up for the first time and robbo will be very confident he can win the world titile this year.

He has a good draw and i think he will be the 2010 world snooker champion

:D <cool>

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:good man rocket :ahh:

I think robbo will have learnt alot from last year when he reached the 1 table set up for the first time and robbo will be very confident he can win the world titile this year.

He has a good draw and i think he will be the 2010 world snooker champion

:D <cool>

BUT how is his cough............ I note that he will be playing Fergal at the same time as another match that I will be watching......... <laugh> :wave: <laugh> :wave:

Postby GJ

sonny needs to get this voting issue sorted so we can see who voted for which option

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:GOD KNOWS but i do think there will be a new name on the trophy this year.

yes the man from down under <cool>

yes correct <ok>

.........then man from down under.......the rest of the players at the bottom of the draw (Ronnie) will win !! :)

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:GOD KNOWS but i do think there will be a new name on the trophy this year.

yes the man from down under <cool>

yes correct <ok>

.........then man from down under.......the rest of the players at the bottom of the draw (Ronnie) will win !! :)

:huh: :huh2: :chin:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My money is on Zhang Anda.

hopefully, that would be brilliant for the sport

what would be brilliant would be Ding or Robbo winning it that what we need in snooker <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My money is on Zhang Anda.

hopefully, that would be brilliant for the sport

what would be brilliant would be Ding or Robbo winning it that what we need in snooker <ok>

Ding recently won the UK but i dont really see any benefit or knock on effect from that?

Robertson winning might ignite further interest in Australia i agree, i can certainly see Hearn taking some sort of invitational event to Australia witha few players like Robbo, Ronnie, Higgins and maybe Hendry.

He has done this sort of thing in darts taking the top players to the likes of S.Africa, America etc to try and establish interest in new countries.

Postby Wildey

spreading the gospel of snooker should be the work of the john higgins world series but that at the moment is falling apart.

Postby Casey

Whilst I will be glued to Higgins to see if he can do something only the special players have done and defend the World title. Its most likely that this will be his last chance to defend the title and I think Robbo is the only real threat between him and the final.

Equally I think if Ronnie doesn’t win this year he will never defend it either. Now a Ronnie v Higgins final would probably draw the most viewers and make the sponsors happy but I am going to be selfish and say I don’t want this final. Matches between these two have dominated the season and its time for a change, here’s hoping that we have a first time winner.

Postby Wildey

case

i think a Ronnie v Higgins final would be boring if im honest its been there baught the t shirt every year for the last 4 ...

id like someone new there this year to herald a new era.

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:Whilst I will be glued to Higgins to see if he can do something only the special players have done and defend the World title. Its most likely that this will be his last chance to defend the title and I think Robbo is the only real threat between him and the final.

Equally I think if Ronnie doesn’t win this year he will never defend it either. Now a Ronnie v Higgins final would probably draw the most viewers and make the sponsors happy but I am going to be selfish and say I don’t want this final. Matches between these two have dominated the season and its time for a change, here’s hoping that we have a first time winner.

Personally I would love another JH/ROS final..... they have close matches and seem to raise the bar when playing each other. The challenge as ever is for other players to knock them out, thus preventing said final. Its funny in a way how we have the "quarter of death" and yet other quarters look pretty straightforward to sum up. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Personally I would love another JH/ROS final..... they have close matches and seem to raise the bar when playing each other. The challenge as ever is for other players to knock them out, thus preventing said final. Its funny in a way how we have the "quarter of death" and yet other quarters look pretty straightforward to sum up. <ok>

That would be a very enjoyable final and whoever won would be comfirmed 3rd best player ever behind hendry and davis respectivly

Postby Wildey

i honesty find the Ronnie v Higgins rivalry the most boring top players rivalry ever in snooker.

the top rivalry in snooker today is Ronnie v Selby but they cant meet in the final but that for me eclipses Ronnie v Higgins by some way because theres a edge to it you don't get in Ronnie v Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:i honesty find the Ronnie v Higgins rivalry the most boring top players rivalry ever in snooker.

the top rivalry in snooker today is Ronnie v Selby but they cant meet in the final but that for me eclipses Ronnie v Higgins by some way because theres a edge to it you don't get in Ronnie v Higgins.

Personally I find Ronnie and Selby more boring then Higgins and Ronnie. Yes Selby and Ronnie always seem to play good, close matches, but the needle you mentioned is what turns it off for me. Seeing Ronnie sulk every time Selby wins a frame detracts from my enjoyment, I mean how old is he? He's a professional player, and should act like one.

At least when Higgins and Ronnie play you tend to see an outstanding match, without seeing the people involved acting like petulant children. I want to see the snooker do the talking, seeing Ronnie go :wild2: again is just boring to me.