Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Semi Final Discussion !!

Postby jojo

cant believe people actually think one of these two will beat ronnie in the final tomorrow but each to their own everyone has a right to their opinion

i dont care about the quality i just want a close match tonight it going to be very close to call

murphy been playing really well the last two events and maguire deserves to be where he is beating higgins and trump the world and uk champions

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:who do people think is going to win the second semi final ? I want it to be a slog fest with mistakes all over the place and they dont finish before midnight

that would be good

to be fair i think weve already had the crap error strewn semi final

i expect this to be a series of one frame visits and high quality stuff

Mags 6-4 ill go for

It usually follows that pattern yes, one semi filled with errors from both players, and another one with good breaks, centuries, one visit stuff.... As I said,mistakes might creep in if the match comes close...

Postby Roland

I said that based on O'Sullivan's performance today plus the knowledge that he's ill. Maguire will know to get the grinders on like he did against Trump, Murphy won't miss as many easy balls when he gets in.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:I said that based on O'Sullivan's performance today plus the knowledge that he's ill. Maguire will know to get the grinders on like he did against Trump, Murphy won't miss as many easy balls when he gets in.

Whoever he faces tomorrow, Ronnie will have to play a lot better to beat Mags or Murphy, because those two wont miss as many as Stephen did today and will punish Ronnie´s mistakes more so than Lee, who didnt... And the knowledge that he´s ill might inspire them also to produce the goods..

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:cant believe people actually think one of these two will beat ronnie in the final tomorrow but each to their own everyone has a right to their opinion

i dont care about the quality i just want a close match tonight it going to be very close to call

murphy been playing really well the last two events and maguire deserves to be where he is beating higgins and trump the world and uk champions

lets not forget one thing here Stephen Lee was rubbish today by anyones standards Ronnie will have to play better a lot better than that to win.

Postby Muppet147

I just watched some of the O'Sullivan - Higginson match on YouTube. If Ronnie can reproduce some of that form then he has an excellent chance of beating either Murphy or Maguire. The 67 clearance (after Higginson had made 63) was excellent, especially the shot to bring the pink off the cushion.

Postby GJ

Evening all

Been out all day with the bird how did the first semi go

i hope ronnie won

The 2nd semi not sure who i want to win it

Shade mags as hes due a final

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:If he plays like he did against Perry as well but he's let slip about his illness. Advantage to his opponent with that knowledge.

or disadvantage as they then think they should beat him

Hendry made a song and dance about his "broken arm" and look what happened :irk:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:If he plays like he did against Perry as well but he's let slip about his illness. Advantage to his opponent with that knowledge.

or disadvantage as they then think they should beat him

Hendry made a song and dance about his "broken arm" and look what happened :irk:

its an excuse if he loses, and gives him free reign to do whatever <ok>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:Witz

whats it like being stuck up holts backside <laugh>

?????????

Weve put our differences aside and joined forces to fight the force of evil AKA Hendon <ok>

dave is quality <cool>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

whats it like being stuck up holts backside <laugh>

?????????

Weve put our differences aside and joined forces to fight the force of evil AKA Hendon <ok>

dave is quality <cool>

another brainwashed fool into thinking his every word is gospel

i can just imagine Hendon doing a Pied Piper act and leading yous all to his Waco-esque cult madhouse, before locking the doors and torching you all in some sacriligic sacrifice :dizzy:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:

How would you describe maguires style of play and pace of play ?

determined style

pretty fast flowing but can mix it up when required, but not his natural style and he gets easily frustrated

<cool> <ok>

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:

How would you describe maguires style of play and pace of play ?

He's not as slow as Robbo. But not many are. ;-)

He isnt much quicker than robbo IMO

Would be interested in stats with both players average shot time

:gag:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is Croydon the only place in the world without any snow?

why are there so many Ronnie fanboys on this site........?

I'm sick of them. :gag:

Thought you supported ron ? :wave: :?

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Jono must be more hated than The parakeet and Rigsby these days

Plenty of hate for the rag doll after his loss last night to mags

<cool>

So him and robbo are equally hated it seems :wave: