20%
Peter Ebdon v Graeme Dott
15%
2010 world champion v Fergal Obrien
5%

Total votes : 20

Tie of the first round ?

Postby GJ

After the draw yesterday which of the first round matches are you most looking forward to ?

If you cant decide on 1 then you can select a 2nd one as well

Re: Tie of the first round ?

Postby GJ

my choices are

2010 world champion v Fergal Obrien
Carter v Cope

:D :ahh:

Postby SnookerFan

What? Nobody picking Ebdon vs Dott? <laugh>

I'm probably the only one on this forum not psyched about Carter and Cope. Which is great, because I have tickets to it. <doh> <laugh>

Postby N_Castle07

I'll second that SnookerFan.

I'm hoping Wenbo plays well against the rocketman if he does should be a cracker.

Postby Wildey

my picks are Ronnie v Wenbo and Ebdon v Dott.

Postby Wildey

Cheesyman99 wrote:Sorry I can't find Holt v Perry on the poll.
Where is it?

what do you like about holt ?

what has holt Mark King hasent got (apart from hair)

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:I have voted wrong <doh>

My picks should be:

ROS vs Wenny
Dotty vs Ebbo

I clicked on Carter/Cope by mistake. <ok>

like your picks smart <ok>

Postby Witz78

Ebdon v Dott

With whats at stake ( a top 16 place ), the re-match of their 2006 final and the fact these 2 guys give 110% dedication, this for me is going to be one good ole intriguing snooker battle.

Anyone who claims this will be a snoozefest or boring clearly doesnt fully appreciate snooker. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Ebdon v Dott

With whats at stake ( a top 16 place ), the re-match of their 2006 final and the fact these 2 guys give 110% dedication, this for me is going to be one good ole intriguing snooker battle.

Anyone who claims this will be a snoozefest or boring clearly doesnt fully appreciate snooker. <ok>

Did you enjoy the final they were in together, out of interest?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

As an Ebdon fan i didnt enjoy the result :sad: but it was an enthralling battle on the baize and whilst the total contrast to one frame visits, fluent snooker or centuries, it was equally enthralling and took me back to some of the classic players of the 80s

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

As an Ebdon fan i didnt enjoy the result :sad: but it was an enthralling battle on the baize and whilst the total contrast to one frame visits, fluent snooker or centuries, it was equally enthralling and took me back to some of the classic players of the 80s

I didn't get into it, for some reason. I went to bed before it finished, which is a cardinal sin with The Crucible Final... Still, I wouldn't say that snooker has to be all potting for it to be entertaining, so I agree with you there.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I loved it, even though I had a couple of quid on Ebdon @ 25/1 :huh2: Those late-night finishes are what it's all about, and the way Dott made that clearance to win was incredible guts, couldn't help be pleased for him.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I loved it, even though I had a couple of quid on Ebdon @ 25/1 :huh2: Those late-night finishes are what it's all about, and the way Dott made that clearance to win was incredible guts, couldn't help be pleased for him.

that clearance was truly gutting to myself and all of us Ebdonites around the world :sad: The Force was in the zone and had won the first 6 frames of the night to get back from 7-15 to 13-15 and was about 62 ahead and Dott was all over the place, but he held his nerve brilliantly to move 3 up and regain confidence to go on and win.

Higgins did a similar thing the following year when he was 12-4 up against Selby then collapsed as Selby closed to 13-14 before out of nowhere a combination of Higgins form coming back and Selby being exhausted after such a monumental effort to win 9 out of 11 frames.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlfPBYtBdPU

Here is the break

your videos on youtube are great Alex but think ill skip this one.

Painful viewing, its not quite up there with Jimmys missed black and Hendrys subsequent clearance in the 94 final, even talking about it, is enough to bring a tear to the eye :sad:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Good article GJ.

For me, the most interesting one, is Ali Carter v Jamie Cope. Reason being, is that when they start having to rely on their tactical 'nous', as in colours knocked of their spots due to their safety game not being of the same high standard as their peers, the close frames will be great to watch. Expect loads of big breaks, but expect loads of tension with it. Love it. <ok>

Postby littlebylittle

carter v cope
selby v Doherty

Booking some time off work for the wc's and these are the two that stand out for me.I don't think Ronnie will lose hence not picking his game

Postby Witz78

littlebylittle wrote:carter v cope
selby v Doherty

Booking some time off work for the wc's and these are the two that stand out for me.I don't think Ronnie will lose hence not picking his game

It could still be tie of the round even if Ronnie wins tho..... <ok>

Postby Smart

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Good article GJ.

For me, the most interesting one, is Ali Carter v Jamie Cope. Reason being, is that when they start having to rely on their tactical 'nous', as in colours knocked of their spots due to their safety game not being of the same high standard as their peers, the close frames will be great to watch. Expect loads of big breaks, but expect loads of tension with it. Love it. <ok>

John - good point.

There was some good safety between Cope and Joyce for the record........

..... I do believe that Cope "is getting there" with some nous in the saftey dept........

cracking game I agree (on paper) <ok>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Ebdon-Dott was a World Final only three years ago so it has to be the tie of the round although I won't be rushing to watch it. For me it's Selby-Doherty. It's not O'Sullivan-Wenbo as they shouldn't be meeting in the first round at all.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Anyone who claims this will be a snoozefest or boring clearly doesnt fully appreciate snooker. <ok>

not often agree with you but your spot on here...

i find myself looking forward to this more than the Ronnie v Wenbo match.

Postby Wildey

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote: It's not O'Sullivan-Wenbo as they shouldn't be meeting in the first round at all.

WHY?

Ronnie a seed, wenbo a qualifier...sounds right to me <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote: It's not O'Sullivan-Wenbo as they shouldn't be meeting in the first round at all.

WHY?

Ronnie a seed, wenbo a qualifier...sounds right to me <ok>

cmon Wild, you know what he REALLY means ;)

a joke 2 players in the top 6/7 of the 1 year rankings meet in R1 <doh>

luckily Hearn has came out and ridiculed the current ranking system and promised a shake up. <ok> Surprised theres not a major thread on this :scared:

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:luckily Hearn has came out and ridiculed the current ranking system and promised a shake up. <ok> Surprised theres not a major thread on this :scared:

well you know what to do <ok> :wave:

Postby Roland

Cope's safety game has come on a lot in the last season or so. Methink he's finally learning and even though I know Carter is a dangerous opponent, I genuinely think Cope will beat him.