Topic locked

How far will Hendry go ? (seeded opponent)

Poll ended at 16 Apr 2010

Hendry the Eigth (Champion)
No votes
Runner-Up (vs Higgins)
No votes
Semi-Finalist (vs Maguire)
No votes
Quarter-Finalist (vs O'Sullivan)
19%
Second Round (vs Selby)
56%
Lose First Round (vs Zhang)
25%

Total votes : 16

Hendry's Crucible Run 2010

Postby Bourne

How do you see Stephen Hendry's chances of making it number-eight at the Crucible this year ?

He's been drawn in the 'quarter of death' featuring O'Sullivan, Selby, Liang and Williams, and starts his campaign against Anda Zhang who won more maches than anyone else to qualify.

Re: Hendry's Crucible Run 2010

Postby GJ

2nd round loss to selby

sorry wild

Postby N_Castle07

yes i also voted for second round. He is very capable of getting into the final but his draw is too tough i feel. One thing is for sure tho not one man in the world wants to play him at Sheffield he is a very dangous man there even at 41.

Postby N_Castle07

Alex- Hendry is capable of beating Selby in a longer format but i think your right Selby will feel it is now time to take the big one he'll fancy himself this year. It would be great to see Higgins v Selby World final again.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

I voted Q-F

I notice Hendry raises his game at the world championship and Selby is inconsistent and I think Chinese whatshisname will be overawed on his debut so a quarter final loss for Hendry whilst making a couple of centuries

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

The man will always have my respect, but he's got his hands full. Me head says No. My heart says Yes. :)

I'll be honest Bourne, I know nothing about Zhang Anda but from the way he beat Ricky Walden in the last qualifying round, if he is anywhere near Stephen Hendry after 15 or 16 frames have been played, we may well see an almighty shock as this Zhang Anda comes across as any other 18 year old kid would. Fearless.

Postby Bourne

I am excited to see how Zhang handles it, everything i've read from people who've seen him say he's a very smart player who doesn't let anything affect him. If he takes that philosophy into the match, he'll be more than a handful because Hendry himself probably hasn't seen him play so won't really know what to expect.

I'm still waiting for wild's vote by the way, i'll know when it comes up ;)

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:2nd round loss to selby

sorry wild

na he will defiantly beat selby i wouldn't mind if selby beat him id like to see selby winning the whole thing but he has been unlucky drawing hendry second round ...book a holiday overseas with vicky thats his best bet by the time the Q/F comes along <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Why have you named opponents? Like Maguire is going to be in the semi... <doh>

he has gone with how it would be seeded vs Hendry.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:Why have you named opponents? Like Maguire is going to be in the semi... <doh>

It says seeded opponents, keep up.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:

It says seeded opponents, keep up.

Oh yeah. <doh> Sorry.

Postby Wildey

BTW i went Evens another Quarter Final for Hendry but if he plays Ronnie as indicated he hasent got Enough to beat him Williams on the other hand 13th semi coming up <ok>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I haven't a clue what Zhang is like but I'll presume Hendry will beat him. He'll knock in a few centuries and everyone will start talking about Hendry the Eight. Then Selby will beat him 13-9.

There's Hendry fans on 606 and Hendon's blog talking about him making the final. rofl

Postby Casey

2nd round to Selby, however Selby will have to be on form to beat him (and he knows it)