Topic locked

PartyPoker.net German Masters Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 1st - Sunday 5th of February at the Tempodrom, Berlin

Tonight the Start of The Last 16 and after a Dramatic Come Back Ronnie O'Sullivan is still in Also there is World Champion John Higgins,World no 1 Mark Selby,UK Champion Judd Trump and The Masters Champion Neil Robertson makes it a high quality Last 16 Line up.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image Image

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby randam05

Im thinking more and more Ali Carter will retire. No disrespect to Joe Perry but Ali losing that one 5-4 is horrid for him. After a few other runs of bad form in previous tournaments.

Postby Witz78

Mark Williams v Stuart Bingham - suppose ive gotta go for a Williams win here since i find Bingo repugnant
Stephen Lee v Yu De Lu - BIG Lee fan, but i like to champion young new fresh talent so Toodaloo to Lee here
Joe Perry v Ronnie O'Sullivan - Ronnie coulda done with facing his bunny Carter but just glad hes still in tbh
Matthew Stevens v Neil Robertson - woinder who GJ will support. mon Machew
---------------------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Graeme Dott - Mon Wiggy, beat Baldy
Ricky Walden v Shaun Murphy - mon RickAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Judd Trump v Mark Allen - Judd all the way
Stephen Maguire v John Higgins - mon Mags, feeling the xxxxxx will win tho
Mod edit by snookered:enough mate, it's done with, let it go

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:ooooooooooooooooh do i detect a broken webcam so taking out your frustrations on Simples?

no just saying first post is pathetic sorry snookerfan but thats how it is.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:ooooooooooooooooh do i detect a broken webcam so taking out your frustrations on Simples?

I missed that, I only saw Wild's comment due to somebody quoting it. rofl

I seem to be winding everybody up these days, I'm not even trying. :emb: It must be my naturall annoying personality.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

no just saying first post is pathetic sorry snookerfan but thats how it is.

No problem, it's your job to moderate. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Mark Williams v Stuart Bingham = Prefer Williams, but don't mind. Though since what happened with Allen, I support Bingham to win tournaments more. Just to make Allen look a mug.

Stephen Lee v Yu De Lu = Don't mind. Yu Delu has a better name though, and is more of an underdog.

Joe Perry v Ronnie O'Sullivan = Ronnie is annoying, and if it wasn't for his result already I'd say his hearts not in it. I want Perry to win.

Matthew Stevens v Neil Robertson = Don't mind. I guess Matthew Stevens as the underdog, but he's not going to win. Also, it'd please my mate if it did.

Mark Selby v Graeme Dott - Mark Selby. Want to see him live up to being World Number 1.

Ricky Walden v Shaun Murphy = Don't mind, but it'd be good to see Ricky have a good run again.

Judd Trump v Mark Allen = Mark Allen. Though I think he looks a bit of a pleb, it'd be good to be reminded there are players other than Judd.

Stephen Maguire v John Higgins= I just like John better. Not trying to cause controversy, I just do.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Mark Selby v Graeme Dott - Mark Selby. Want to see him live up to being World Number 1.

I expect him to do well here. But if he wants to live up to being No.1 he has to show it in the majors and he hasn't done that for 2 years now.

True. But as World Number 1, but I'd hate to see a WN1 do well in the majors, then do feck-all in the lesser tournaments. That's not World Number 1 level consistency, in my mind.

Momentum comes from winning matches, no matter what the tournament is.

Postby Andre147

John Higgins vs Stephen Maguire..... expect John to come through..

It´s just a shame we dont have the chance to see Judd vs Allen... after their UK match, it´s bound to be a very good one again...

But that´s how it is...

Postby hendry_fan

Hendry fan :hatoff:

"You don't like Ronnie but you acknowledge class when you see it".

"Snooker Overdrive",,...you,re jumping the gun a bit there,ok,lets put it this way,i dont hate Ronnie,but i,m not a fan of his neither,sometimes i actually like him,besides,respect is given when its deserved and Ronnie gets my respect today for that brill comeback.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Williams v Stuart Bingham = Prefer Williams, but don't mind. Though since what happened with Allen, I support Bingham to win tournaments more. Just to make Allen look a mug.

Stephen Lee v Yu De Lu = Don't mind. Yu Delu has a better name though, and is more of an underdog.

Joe Perry v Ronnie O'Sullivan = Ronnie is annoying, and if it wasn't for his result already I'd say his hearts not in it. I want Perry to win.

Matthew Stevens v Neil Robertson = Don't mind. I guess Matthew Stevens as the underdog, but he's not going to win. Also, it'd please my mate if it did.

Mark Selby v Graeme Dott - Mark Selby. Want to see him live up to being World Number 1.

Ricky Walden v Shaun Murphy = Don't mind, but it'd be good to see Ricky have a good run again.

Judd Trump v Mark Allen = Mark Allen. Though I think he looks a bit of a pleb, it'd be good to be reminded there are players other than Judd.

Stephen Maguire v John Higgins= I just like John better. Not trying to cause controversy, I just do.

talk about ifs and buts <doh>

what a loada old tosh, the only consistency with you apart from talking bullocks and sitting on the fence is that you hate Ronnie and Trump :fart:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Mark Selby v Graeme Dott - Mark Selby. Want to see him live up to being World Number 1.

I expect him to do well here. But if he wants to live up to being No.1 he has to show it in the majors and he hasn't done that for 2 years now.

True. But as World Number 1, but I'd hate to see a WN1 do well in the majors, then do feck-all in the lesser tournaments. That's not World Number 1 level consistency, in my mind.

if the UK and WC had proper ranking points which elevated them properly above the rest of the rankers, then maybe wed have a more legit world number 1

the biggest events should stand out far more in terms of impact on rankers

under Walkers 6 ranker calendar the UK and WC combined accounted for 41% of the seasons total (18000/43000) Now with all the added events (which im not complaining about), the UK and WC combined only account for 20% of seasons total points (18,000/89,000)

unless the tariffs are increased, then as more and more events get added to the calendar, the UK and WC are gonna lose even more prestige and importance

Postby Muppet147

Instead of showing the Trump - Allen match, they are subjecting us to the battle of the Scottish bores starring John and his pal Maguire.

Honestly, enough is enough, if you can't let it go then be prepared for warnings and constant editing of posts. This will be your one and only warning.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

if the UK and WC had proper ranking points which elevated them properly above the rest of the rankers, then maybe wed have a more legit world number 1

the biggest events should stand out far more in terms of impact on rankers

under Walkers 6 ranker calendar the UK and WC combined accounted for 41% of the seasons total (18000/43000) Now with all the added events (which im not complaining about), the UK and WC combined only account for 20% of seasons total points (18,000/89,000)

unless the tariffs are increased, then as more and more events get added to the calendar, the UK and WC are gonna lose even more prestige and importance

:zzz: