Tempodrom, Berlin ....LIKE OR DISLIKE ?

Like it
78%
Dislike it
22%

Total votes : 9

The Tempodrom Set up.

Postby Wildey

Graeme Dott Liked it But Judd Trump was not Keen.

Thoughts on the Set up of 5 tables in The Tempodrom in Berlin ?

Re: The Tempodrom Set up.

Postby Witz78

It has a glorified PTC feel to it with multiple non tv tables, open plan arena and played over a few days instead of a week.

Postby Roland

It's the one that time and again players and fans have remembered and looked forward to since last year so it obviously works. Open plan is the future of events like this. Only issue is inability to pick and choose your match of choice. Surely that will come in future.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:It's the one that time and again players and fans have remembered and looked forward to since last year so it obviously works. Open plan is the future of events like this. Only issue is inability to pick and choose your match of choice. Surely that will come in future.

Time and again? It's only the second time they've held the tournament. rofl

Postby Witz78

I do think tournament set ups like this are the way to go,

i mean with 5 tables they could easy hold the last 64 at the event and take no longer than a week.

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:I do think tournament set ups like this are the way to go,

i mean with 5 tables they could easy hold the last 64 at the event and take no longer than a week.

Absolutely, if they started say Monday they could also do the last 64 at the main arena...

Though some players like Judd don´t like it, because he says everyone has the right to get a televised match... But, like Graeme said, it´s all about the spectators really at the arena, who get the chance to watch multiple tables, and all of them are in the main arena, unlike in the UK Champs in the past for instance.... Of course the TV spectators are of massive importance too, and you will always get situations like tonight for instance when there is a big match not televised, betwenn Allen and Trump.... but I suppose you cant please everyone, and no tournament or anything in life is perfect...

Postby Alex0paul

In terms of spectators at the arena then its great but if there is just one tv table like last year then we will end up missing a whole semi final.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:In terms of spectators at the arena then its great but if there is just one tv table like last year then we will end up missing a whole semi final.

we wont be missing a whole semi final

on saturday 2 sessions 2 semi finals.

Postby snooky147

Graeme said last year that he liked the setup and repeated that to me today on the phone after
his game with Wattana. He seems to like Germany. The fans love their snooker over there.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:You thick rubbish

<laugh>

time and time and time again (he will say next year) rofl

You think rubbish. :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

My hilarious gags aside, I think the set-up works quite well, and looks good on television. I do feel the tournaments feels a bit rushed being Wednesday - Sunday, but ways of lengthening it have been suggested many times. As a table set-up it looks good on TV and I've read good things on the internet by the people who visited the arena.

Postby Smart

Put it this way, the crowds are very good. If the crowds are good then quite frankly the tourney is a success in my eyes. There is tv coverage and if you dont like what is served up then you need to travel to the venue. Dont whinge about, take positive action.

Would you like another Newport set-up with sparse crowds ???? :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Put it this way, the crowds are very good. If the crowds are good then quite frankly the tourney is a success in my eyes. There is tv coverage and if you dont like what is served up then you need to travel to the venue. Dont whinge about, take positive action.

I have enjoyed my visits to Newport. But because the venue is quirky. Some people don't go in for quirky. Or not my kind of quirky anyway.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Put it this way, the crowds are very good. If the crowds are good then quite frankly the tourney is a success in my eyes. There is tv coverage and if you dont like what is served up then you need to travel to the venue. Dont whinge about, take positive action.

I have enjoyed my visits to Newport. But because the venue is quirky. Some people don't go in for quirky. Or not my kind of quirky anyway.

I think both have their place in the tour, but I dont think its fair for us couch fans to be sat here saying "well it doesn;t really work this multi table set up cos we miss some action". Well it works for those who made the effort to attend the tourney in Germany and that is good enough for me. We are lucky to have a tv option, pretty spoilt for choice with snooker nowadays. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I think both have their place in the tour, but I dont think its fair for us couch fans to be sat here saying "well it doesn;t really work this multi table set up cos we miss some action". Well it works for those who made the effort to attend the tourney in Germany and that is good enough for me. We are lucky to have a tv option, pretty spoilt for choice with snooker nowadays. <ok>

:zzz:

Postby jojo

i like the variety so i dont mind this open plan type event it actually create more of a fun type atmosphere

as for the compressed event im not sure if that a good thing i dont particularly like players having to play two best of nine matches in one day like some will have to tomorrow

Postby Odrl

I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest...

For me, the biggest downside is the lack of atmosphere on the main table. The spectators basically have two tables in front of them, with the main table far away in the distance. It just seems the main table isn't anyone's primary focus, that's why great shots are barely applauded. When O'Sullivan was approaching match ball earlier, Mike Hallett said "listen to the applause when this one goes in", or words to that effect, and there was barely a reaction from the crowd. The tension of the match doesn't really come through to the TV audience that way. It was a huge difference when we were down to one table last year.

What I would do is the following... Have the event played from Monday to Sunday, like most others, and just take the main table out until the weekend. I would keep the four tables closer to the audience, still giving everyone a couple of matches to watch at once, and I would televise at least two tables, or preferably four. I can see the point of trying to push as much of the action as possible towards the weekend, but I don't think this particular event needs that, as it's very well supported as it is. ;-)