Post a reply

Re: John Higgins view on Allen and Trump

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:I dont agree with Higgo

im stunned :gag: :baby:

Postby Roland

Good article. I agree with Higgins, I think Judd let his guard drop in the press conference after Robbo outplayed him with match snooker and Higgins is doing his bit for PR ahead of the Shootout frame against Judd. It's quite funny on Twitter because Judd and Mark Allen are showing their young minds complete with MJW stirring it up. I'm sure they'll be bringing in new young fans who will get right behind them and that's good for the game.

Postby Monique

GJ wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/snooker/2012/01/26/john-higgins-urges-snooker-hotheads-mark-allen-and-judd-trump-to-cool-it-115875-23721677/

Interesting article and I agree with John , Judd and Mark need to think before they talk BS

Discuss

I didn't agree with either Judd or Mark Allen - supposing that what they said wasn't distorted or taken out of context by the tabloids to make it more "sellable" . BUT, when players are interviewed just minutes after a match, be them winners or losers, adrenaline is still flowing and emotions are high. So I think we should take what they say under the circumstances with a good pinch of salt and that's true for all players.

Other than that I also think that John Higgins isn't in a position to give anybody lessons about how to behave … :roll:

Postby jojo

yes that right he got no right to tell players how to behave

other than that i didnt like some of the comments judd made saying things like he would have easily beaten robertson if he played his best what a idiot robertson gave him a lesson in matchplay snooker but then again maybe judd didnt see that because he hasnt learnt what matchplay is yet

as for allen again he shouldnt have said what he did but atlease him and hearn had a clear the air meeting and he been fined today so that the end of that

Postby Roland

Higgins has just as much right as anyone else to an opinion. Do you think he should never open his mouth again in public?! I agree with everything he said, he knows what he's talking about.

Postby gallantrabbit

The more you see in the press the more I'm convinced that BH is handing out roles for these guys to play. Didn't he want a new 80s style soap opera in snooker? You've got pantomime villains like Allen and occasionally Murphy, young Ferrari driver Judd, older statesman Higgins, the eternal villain, Ronnie etc etc.
BH is also a boxing promoter and I'm sure he values the pre-match post-match hype. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some behin the scenes direction here. Snooker used to appear in the Sun twice a year. Once for a Ronnie scandal and once for the world champion. Now it's every other day. No coincidence methinks.

Postby SnookerFan

I do agree Mark Allen is getting a bit of a pain in the bottom. Though I agreed with him that match shortening at the UK was regrettable, I do find he's beginning to do a Shaun Murphy in that he gives his opinion so often that people just don't take him seriously. He accuses Stuart Bingham of having no bottle. Then Binghams wins a ranking tite, whereas Mark Allen still hasn't. :roll: Then he has a go at Robertson after Roberston beat him, saying Robertson played slow when he didn't. He's in trouble again for swearing in the CL.

If he's not careful, he'll reach a point where he could make the most justifiable, sensible and important comment in the world, and people will ignore him because they feel it's just Allen being Allen again.

Postby Casey

[quote
Higgins puts the controversial remarks down to players being unable to shake off the buzz of matches before going straight into interviews.

The Scot said: "It happens. Often when you come off after a big match the adrenaline is still running.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-spor ... z1kedvuLVL][/quote]

I think that has alot to do with what Judd and Mark said.

I also agree with you Sonny, Higgins has every right to talk on this subject - he has neverr said anything disrespectful against an opponent, he has neverr swore, he has never hit an official.

Postby Wildey

we know what kind of person Barry Hearn is he thrived on all the Alex Higgins stuff in the 80s and exploited it to the best way he could so Gallant might have a very valid point here.

Postby mediter

gallantrabbit wrote:The more you see in the press the more I'm convinced that BH is handing out roles for these guys to play. Didn't he want a new 80s style soap opera in snooker? You've got pantomime villains like Allen and occasionally Murphy, young Ferrari driver Judd, older statesman Higgins, the eternal villain, Ronnie etc etc.
BH is also a boxing promoter and I'm sure he values the pre-match post-match hype. Wouldn't surprise me if there's some behin the scenes direction here. Snooker used to appear in the Sun twice a year. Once for a Ronnie scandal and once for the world champion. Now it's every other day. No coincidence methinks.

You are partly right. Obviously Barry Hearn isn´t handing out any roles, but these days snooker has an extremely important and massive position and influence. So top snooker players get their status naturally, and like O´Sullivan said few years ago, Barry Hearn is Ronaldinho of promoting.

Postby SnookerFan

I've just noticed the statemnet on the World Snooker website;

"Mark Allen has been fined £250 and warned as to his future behaviour by the Disciplinary Committee of the WPBSA. This was for swearing at a live press conference during the williamhill.com UK Championship in York in December 2011."

That's the whole statement. rofl They keep it compact, don't they?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I've just noticed the statemnet on the World Snooker website;

"Mark Allen has been fined £250 and warned as to his future behaviour by the Disciplinary Committee of the WPBSA. This was for swearing at a live press conference during the williamhill.com UK Championship in York in December 2011."

what else was there to say ??

did you want to know the colour of his underpants ?

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've just noticed the statemnet on the World Snooker website;

what else was there to say ??

NO.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/snooker/2012/01/26/john-higgins-urges-snooker-hotheads-mark-allen-and-judd-trump-to-cool-it-115875-23721677/

Interesting article and I agree with John , Judd and Mark need to think before they talk BS

Discuss

At least they don't talk BS in hotel rooms with dodgy characters.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:what else was there to say ??

Yes, dammit! God is in the detail. :grrr:

im going to tweet Allen and ask him for you <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:im going to tweet Allen and ask him for you <laugh>

I knew I could count on you! :bowdown:

World Snooker. :grrr:

Hearn out, Wild in. :D

there would be no fannying about with me in charge.

complaigning about a tournament= missing the next 2 events

meaning Williams wont be in Germany or Wales <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:there would be no fannying about with me in charge.

complaigning about a tournament= missing the next 2 events

meaning Williams wont be in Germany or Wales <laugh>

He'd be out longer than Quinten Hann. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Higgins has just as much right as anyone else to an opinion. Do you think he should never open his mouth again in public?! I agree with everything he said, he knows what he's talking about.

Higgins should just keep his trap shut and head down :no:

Dont think i came across anyone in Blackpool who likes him

he was the only player out of 64 to be booed

even random people in pubs who you mentioned that you were in Blackpool for the snooker would say "Oh i cant stand that guy Higgins" or words to that effect.

the 4 other lads down with me all despise him too, so nowt to just do with me being unpatriotic or holding that nightclub incident against him.