Topic locked

Re: Partypoker.com Snooker Shootout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby daraghj82

nice to see barry win. enjoyable tournament. highlights were drago first game, gould's century break and barry pinche's last gasp win against liang

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:This has to the journey home and day from hell. Still 240 miles to bloody go. Will get round to doing a proper review of the tourny later if ive got any energy left.

how long you been on the road ?

Once it took me from 10am to 10.30pm to get from Edinburgh to North Wales had about 4 stops on the way nose to tail the car was overheating.

over 12 hours :chin:

were you walking? :wave:

350 mile trip for me there from Blackpool to Aberdeen the last thing i needed after a severly heavy 3 or 4 days

couple more pics

Postby Wildey

well how did it go at the venue ?

take it you was there long enough to see a ball reach a pocket or was it only for photo perposes and then hit the clubs and try and pull drag artists <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote::chuckle: The photo with Witz, hot blonde and CDL

haha that was the one id pulled until Verhass appeared on the scene in some club near the end of the night and nicked off me whilst i went to the bar :irk:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:well how did it go at the venue ?

take it you was there long enough to see a ball reach a pocket or was it only for photo perposes and then hit the clubs and try and pull drag artists <laugh>

i saw more balls in the :ymca: club than i did at the Shootout and i saw more drag queens than drag shots i think :bowdown:

venue was an awesome set up, but needless to say with me the drink took over and i preferred sitting up the stairs getting snake hissed talking to random old folk at the Ballroom dancing

3 quality nights out though, thought Blackpool in Jan might be a let down, but it didnt disssapoint

funny on the Fri night, me and one of my mates left the snooker to go on a pub crawl and got in tow with 2 birds, all steaming and i was adamant in my drunken haze that this door was the side entrance to some cracking cabaret bit wed hut earlier in the day, turned out it was the bit next door and we walked into some gaybar, was one of them where we kinda stopped dead in our tracks halfway in but then thought, wed better go up and order a round as it would look stupid walking out, plus we had a few birds with us so it wouldnt look as dodgy haha

ran into my old mate Thorne a few times, so much for him being off the gambling <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:well how did it go at the venue ?

plus we had a few birds with us so it wouldnt look as dodgy

was the birds some blue tits ???

Postby Witz78

i wish the players slagging it would shut up

if it was that crap why did they still take part

give your prize money from it to charity or something instead then

and the same guys for the countless people slating it, most of whom didnt even watch it, who are they to tourist it off?

if you dont like it, dont watch it, simples

and the muppets still thinking its a threat to real snooker, get a grip for gods sake.

Postby GJ

The Cueist wrote::happy: Bravo mate. :happy:

NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:bowdown: :bowdown:

did you see any of the masters :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:i wish the players slagging it would shut up

if it was that crap why did they still take part

give your prize money from it to charity or something instead then

and the same guys for the countless people slating it, most of whom didnt even watch it, who are they to tourist it off?

if you dont like it, dont watch it, simples

and the muppets still thinking its a threat to real snooker, get a grip for gods sake.

your right its no threat holy rubbish its seriously no threat.

although there was great frames too many was one sided and players became adapt at closing out frames hence negative players like Harold making it to the semi finals.

Postby Roland

It's a good showcase for the players, but the actual concept of a Shootout frame is one of the worst ideas dreamt up since the Sinclair C5

Postby Witz78

i must confess i find the Power Snooker format more exciting

far more chance in it for a match to turn on its head

in Shootout unless you do something daft like Wenbo did you should be able to close out a match

then again Ebdon somehow blew a 44-0 lead. I was gutted at that, espec as everyone else around me went mad for Gould

Postby Wildey

i think 30 minutes is too long in power snooker i think if you swaped the time around.

10 mins power snooker and 30 minutes shootout it would work better or 20 minutes for both.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:yeh id say maybe 15 mins max / 1 frame under Power Snooker rules would be the best.

Infact perhaps even Shootout rules but best of 3 and the frames being 5 minutes long with only 6 reds might work.

but whatever i do think i agree with you :shock: power snooker despite being more comlex has more going for it because of double/quadruple points at the death. you cant rest on your laurels whitch likes of harold reached the semis by doing just that at the weekend in the shootout.

Postby Witz78

yeh Power Snooker def plays to the faster players strengths and encourages attacking and quick thinking play, whereas bar the ball in hand rule which can mix things up, Shootout is pretty much set up like the Arsenal defence of Dixon, Winterburn, Bould and Adams. Get a 1-0 lead then happily sit on it.