73%
Shaun Murphy
18%
Neither will win it at all
9%

Total votes : 11

Who will win the triple first?

Postby SnookerFan

In the Masters final it was discussed that if Shaun Murphy won the match, he'd have won The Worlds, UK and Masters in his career. Instead Neil won to pick up the Worlds and The Masters.

So we have Shaun on World and UK, and Neil on World and Masters. Who, in your opinion, will get the snooker 'triple-crown' first?

Discuss.

Re: Who will win the triple first?

Postby roy142857

Well, I've gone for Robertson, I think in his career he is likely to manage the UK at least once.

But still, Murphy picking up a Masters in the next 2-3 years wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think he's a 'given' to do so.

Just a thought, what are the chances of Judd Trump beating them to the triple?

Postby SnookerFan

roy142857 wrote:Well, I've gone for Robertson, I think in his career he is likely to manage the UK at least once.

But still, Murphy picking up a Masters in the next 2-3 years wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think he's a 'given' to do so.

Possible. The way the BBC were going on during the Masters, you'd have gotten away with thinking Judd was odds-on favourite to get the three tournaments won this season.

That won't happen now, but if he plays at this year's Crucible like he did at last years, it's very possible he'll win. And that'll put him in a very good position. If he wins in Sheffield, and it's a big if, then he could have got it as early as January 2013. Speculation of course, but that's what this thread is essentially.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Ding is on 2/3 also so he should be an option. And Judd and Selby have to be in contention too.
Simplefan= simple poll

I just put those two up as the most recents Masters finalists, I thought it'd be interesting. Ding should be there too though, I agree.

Not sure Selby though. He may be WN1, but with only one of the set I'm not sure he should be included.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Ding

Interesting, you think Ding will win the World's before Robbo wins the UK?

Saying that Ding did take a massive step forward this year by getting past the second round and was so close to the final. He is still far to inconsistent though.

Postby jojo

you would have to say ding first as he just over three months away then robertson who eleven months away then murphy who twelve months away ha

Postby SnookerFan

jojo wrote:you would have to say ding first as he just over three months away then robertson who eleven months away then murphy who twelve months away ha

You that sure that Ding will win the World Championship this year? And if he doesn't, are you then saying that Robertson will be first because the UK Championship will be next?

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Neither of them will win the treble. Hopefully Sunday will be the last time we see Robbo in a final.

I doubt it.

Not really interested in your opinion. :-)

Postby randam05

roy142857 wrote:Well, I've gone for Robertson, I think in his career he is likely to manage the UK at least once.

Very slim

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:You post a question and then heckle people who give an answer you disagree with.

I didn't heckle you. I was just expressing the opinion that I thought it was unlikely that Robertson will never get to another final. He's too good a player.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:You post a question and then heckle people who give an answer you disagree with.

I didn't heckle you. I was just expressing the opinion that I thought it was unlikely that Robertson will never get to another final. He's too good a player.

I said 'hopefully'.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I said 'hopefully'.

And I said 'I doubt it'.

Jeez, for somebody who is not really interested in my opinion, you're talking about it a lot.

Postby Wildey

it has to be said snookerfan this has to go down as the most least thought out poll in internet polling history <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:it has to be said snookerfan this has to go down as the most least thought out poll in internet polling history <laugh>

I was just trying to stave off boredom in a slow day at work. My brain hadn't really kicked into gear. rofl

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Anyway, in conclusion, I think we can all agree there is only one answer to the original question.

Ding. :D

NO <cool>