Topic locked

Re: BGC Masters Semi Final Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Monique

that's the content from the oncue blog

Roberton's revenge to reach Masters final
Neil Robertson won sweet revenge over Judd Trump as he brought his run at the Masters to a halt.

The Australian potter - overcoming the challenge of a fresh tip - showed his full raft of matchplay abilities as he stormed to a satisfying 6-3 win.

He led 5-1 before fighting off a mini-revival, but was a worthy winner overall.

It means he's into his first Masters final and, just as important, he denied Trump a hat-trick of wins against him in BBC events.

Robertson went into this match having lost to young Judd at both the World and UK Championship. Add the spice of Trump accusing him of being a slow player and you have a grudge match on your hands.

Neil is a fierce competitor and would have come into this match desperate to bite back.

Well, bite back he did. The world number four is a smart player and put about his task of derailing Trump by finding an excellent balance between attack and defence. Neil is a great tactician and was prepared to play the waiting game but also knocked in some great long pots and scored well at times.

He deserved to win fair and square - but the needle was clear to hear after the match.

Judd said: "He played his normal speed. He's always quite slow.

"He did what he had to do. He got in front but he was a little bit boring in the first couple of frames and I lost interest. He put my under pressure from the start and did what he had to do.

"If I'd played my best game, I'd have won easy. I've got myself to blame."

Neil added: "He's got a couple of mates in the crowd. They're probably alright lads and everything but I don't like the fact that they say hello to me before the game and then are screaming for the white to go in or when there's a fluke saying 'good shot Judd'

"He (Judd) didn't really say anything to me at the end of the match. It was quite strange because usually when someone wins to make a final, they wish you good luck. It was a bit disappointing.

"There's a lot of people that love him, a lot of people that don't.

"Some people are a little bit fed up of the things he does and he's nothing like that. If you guys would film him 24 hours a day, he's nothing like character he portrays on Twitter.

"Why doesn't he want to be Judd Trump? Why does he want to be Mario Balotelli?"

Neil won't dwell on the building feud though.

Instead, he can now look forward to his first Masters final and goes into it with a fabulous record of winning all six of his previous finals.

Postby jojo

thanks

good stuff just as i expected judd saying the slow stuff about robertson which bode well for robertson the next time they meet

i would go as far as saying he the favourite when they meet next just keep playing slow and patient and really wind judd up

judds weaknesses were there for all to see

Postby likelylad

I am more of a 70's hard nut to crack, tough cookie, i go for a full fist in the face. Sheffield West street probably!

Sonny wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:So this Summers character gets full access to the practice room etc?

The works. He's obviously his bezzie mate because he was the one sat with Judd's parents and brother in the VIP seats at the Crucible. At York there was a larger group of them, all dressed up to the nines. I mean fair play to them because they're young and their mate is a star and all that, but sooner or later they'll have to learn how to behave or face the consequences of random people sending them abuse on Twitter or drunken strangers approaching them in nightclubs etc.

Postby Roland

Some more quotes here:

http://maximumsnooker.com/bgc_masters_2 ... _final.htm

Robbo:
"I am over the moon to be in the final. I just put a new tip on last night and I was at my club in Cambridge until 11 o'clock last night. It was absolutely crazy as the club was packed and everybody was wondering what I was doing there!

I thought I controlled the match from start to finish. Judd did really well in the last couple of frames to put me under pressure but thankfully he missed a ball at the end and I was able to take full advantage.

Judd has got a couple mates in the crowd. I know they are all right lads but I don't like the fact that they say hello to me before the match and when he does something like fluke a ball they say 'Good shot Judd'.

Some people I know are a bit fed up with Judd. If you were filming him 24 hours a day you would know that he is nothing like the character he portrays on Twitter. Why does he want to be the next Mario Balotelli, why doesn't he just want to be Judd Trump?

Judd is only 22, he has achieved more in his career than most players would dream of and he has a huge future ahead of him. I have no doubt that he will be a multiple world champion."

Judd:
"The match was a little bit scrappy at the start and I think Neil dragged me down at the start. The new cloth seemed to play quite funny out there, the balls were more responsive than during the earlier matches and that put me off a little.

I don’t think that Neil played at his normal speed really, he is always quite slow. He did what he had to do to go in front. He was quite boring in the first couple of frames and I lost interest.

If I had played my best game I would of beat him quite easily. I've only got myself to blame really due to all of those long pots I missed."

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Not looking good for the tournament's first 6-5, is it?

NO SADLY YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH HERE

THE parakeet WILL COME BACK NOW, SO OBVIOUS

SOMEHOW HE WILL SCRAPE A WIN HERE

Super Smurph will fly to the rescue.

Postby jojo

sour grapes there from judd clearly a bit of needle there to say the least saying he lost interest and neil is slow and neil dragged him down to his level and he would have won easily if he played his best i cant wait to see the next time these two players play

the way the rankings are it may be they are scheduled to meet in the semi finals i know theres a lot of snooker to be played before then and things can change but that will be worth looking forward to if they meet ha

Postby Muppet147

The match was a bit of a disappointment. The first frame was a snoozefest and the rest of the frames (apart from the second and third) were pretty boring. I was expecting a real feast of attacking snooker. But only one player came to attack.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to their next match against one another because it will be a needle match.

Postby jojo

matchplay v flair is probably the best match up in any sport sometimes it the contrast in styles that so appealing

the needle factor is good too this match reminded me a little bit of ebdon v ronnie in at the crucible

Postby hitman_ronnie1

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that bloke the BBC used to have doing trick shots on mid-session intervals? I think he was Polish or something. He was called The Incredible somebody, I think. Or somebody The Magnificient.

bogdan. :spot on: