Post a reply

Jakes progress.

Postby jadechelsea

Im starting this topic for Jake as he has a lot of tournaments this season and league matches.

Just so I can keep you updated on how hes doing.

Last night he won his doubles match in the local league tournament to progress to the semis making his highest break in competition of 71 and the highest break in the tournament so far.

Hes off to Plymouth on Saturday for a Gold waistcoat tour event (WEBSF) and Swindon on Sunday for a regional junior tour event 4 on the (EASB) tour.

Hes also won 10 out of 11 of his last team league matches.

He says he may also update now and again. I will use my new phone for updates when im watching him this weekend.

Good luck Jake!

Re: Jakes progress.

Postby Roland

Good luck Jake!

Postby randam05

Cheers guys <ok>

Hopefully can earn myself some more prize monies this weekend!

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:Cheers guys <ok>

Hopefully can earn myself some more prize monies this weekend!

What you gona spend it on, tea ? :tvrky:

Postby mediter

jadechelsea WC wrote:Im starting this topic for Jake as he has a lot of tournaments this season and league matches.

Just so I can keep you updated on how hes doing.

Last night he won his doubles match in the local league tournament to progress to the semis making his highest break in competition of 71 and the highest break in the tournament so far.

Hes off to Plymouth on Saturday for a Gold waistcoat tour event (WEBSF) and Swindon on Sunday for a regional junior tour event 4 on the (EASB) tour.

Hes also won 10 out of 11 of his last team league matches.

He says he may also update now and again. I will use my new phone for updates when im watching him this weekend.

Good luck Jake!

Well, good luck to Randam :-) Some time ago here I saw the videoclip he posted where he was playing, and you could tell he has some flair ! And he is not taking any hostages in his posting which is only a positive thing.

Your new phone... I lost my phone during the new years. I also need to get new phone soon, but has some plans to get some special attachments with it ;-) I think I deserve those

Postby randam05

Yes SnookerFan! thats the spirit.

Jake.. is currently reading Willie Thorne and Graeme Dotts autobiographies I got for Christmas and theyre both very good so far!

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Yes SnookerFan! thats the spirit.

Jake.. is currently reading Willie Thorne and Graeme Dotts autobiographies I got for Christmas and theyre both very good so far!

ill go as far to say Dotts book sucks, just like him its dull and boring. Hes so negative in it too and must be the most depressing read ever.

Postby Alex0paul

Good luck Jake in the Gold Waistcoat event. Some good players in there but after watching you play I think you will do well.

Postby randam05

Alex0paul wrote:Good luck Jake in the Gold Waistcoat event. Some good players in there but after watching you play I think you will do well.

Cheers Alex! Got my cueing properly together again now and hitting regular bigger breaks.

Postby jadechelsea

Jake was playing very well in practice and he spilt the pack so it was just like he was playing in a game and got a 114 :-D Well done Jake
Last edited by jadechelsea on 13 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jadechelsea

Jake left about an hour ago so he will be there soon I will update you as soon as i now the news

Postby jadechelsea

Jake lost both matches today the first one was 3-1 and the second one was 3-2 but in one of them he got a 42 break Jake will probably tell you more about it later because he isn't back yet :-)

Postby roy142857

jadechelsea WC wrote:Jake lost both matches today the first one was 3-1 and the second one was 3-2 but in one of them he got a 42 break Jake will probably tell you more about it later because he isn't back yet :-)

Hope he sees it as a positive, sometimes learn more when we lose, but not when whitewashed. At least he's winning frames, which means he's competitive.

Postby Alex0paul

Its a very good standard in those tournaments, Sam Baird usually plays in them but he has obviously had the World Open qualifiers to play. Definitely has the game to win one of the Silver events. Disappointed that i couldn't make it down to watch today.

Postby jadechelsea

Jake just won one 3-1 and the person who he lost 3-1 too is in the final :-D

Postby jadechelsea

Alex0paul wrote:Its a very good standard in those tournaments, Sam Baird usually plays in them but he has obviously had the World Open qualifiers to play. Definitely has the game to win one of the Silver events. Disappointed that i couldn't make it down to watch today.

yeah hes done very good all the people there with him said he was doing very well and they think he should of started in the silver waistcoat and would have a very good chance of winning but just went to the gold because he could get a lift there :-) We are all very proud of him

Postby randam05

Cheers for support guys. Managed to knock in a lot of 40 and 30s but only won one match. Took a couple of frames of the real good guys in who reached the semis and final.

Quite a few tons today, one against me. But like I said I played half decent and took a lot from it. Perhaps could have qualified hadnt it been for some unfortunate events, especially in the decider against Dan Leggassic. He had some luck i tell you and knicked it on the black!

Im knackered only just got back but look forward to tomorrow now! 7am wake up great :-)

Also yeah will definitley be entering silver waistcoat. Theres one next weekend and a lot of the guys saying i should defo play in that and would do well.

Postby randam05

Won 3-0 then 2-1 then 3-0 to top my group and reach the quarters.

Won 2-0 and faced the best player in the semi with a guy i beat earlier in the final to play which I would have won easy.

However went 1-0 up on this guy in the semi then he took the next and i played some great shoes before twitching on an easy pink to leave him in and snatch it with a teen break. Absoloutley devistated. Feel awful.

Guess I did alright but I was practically winner of the tournament barring that silly pink.

Postby mediter

randam05 wrote:Won 3-0 then 2-1 then 3-0 to top my group and reach the quarters.

Won 2-0 and faced the best player in the semi with a guy i beat earlier in the final to play which I would have won easy.

However went 1-0 up on this guy in the semi then he took the next and i played some great shoes before twitching on an easy pink to leave him in and snatch it with a teen break. Absoloutley devistated. Feel awful.

Guess I did alright but I was practically winner of the tournament barring that silly pink.

Silly pink is what has happened pretty much to all of us rofl rofl

Postby randam05

Is in the semi final of the scratch cup!

Postby randam05

Got Silver waistcoat tournament tomorrow.

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Got Silver waistcoat tournament tomorrow.

you decided what your wearing to it yet :D

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:
randam05 wrote:Got Silver waistcoat tournament tomorrow.

you decided what your wearing to it yet :D

Haha it doesnt matter... so a black waistcoat with a burgandy shirt and grey trousers me thinks :D