Topic locked

Allen criticizes Robertson

Postby Casey

Mark Allen said he "completely lost interest" during his 6-3 defeat by Neil Robertson at the Masters on Tuesday.

The Antrim player, who let slip a 3-2 lead, added that he "couldn't really be bothered" after the interval.

Allen also criticised Robertson's playing style after the Australian took four straight frames to secure victory.

"If Neil got on with it he would be a bit better to watch because at times I didn't want to watch him play," said the world number 10.

"Neil is the sort of player who can keep you out of the game for long periods and it was hard for me to keep my focus," added Allen.

"He's very good at it and knows he can do that to players.

"I let it get to me and hopefully I will learn from it and will not let it happen in the future."

Allen, who is recovering from depression, caused controversy last month when he called for World Snooker supremo Barry Hearn to resign.

He claimed Hearn had shown a disregard for the players by shortening matches in early rounds of the UK Championship to best-of-11 frames.

Allen reached the final of the UK Championship and he believes his recent good form played a part in his first-round exit at Alexandra Palace.

"I don't know what happened out there - I felt quite flat after the interval but still wanted to win the game.

"Maybe I was a bit over-confident and felt I just had to turn up, at 3-2 ahead, to win so I got what I deserved."

Re: Allen criticizes Robertson

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Robbo :bowdown:

Yea I think Mark reflected that Robbo knew what he was doing and did it well.

Postby SnookerFan

The Antrim player, who let slip a 3-2 lead, added that he "couldn't really be bothered" after the interval.

Sorry Mark, that reflects poorly on you, not Robertson.

I was at the game. Only a couple of frames hit the twenty minute mark, so it wasn't a slow match. Why couldn't you be bothered?

Postby Roland

There were no go slow antics. Allen has let himself down with the 3-2 comment as well.

Postby Roland

Yes he does it when required. Last night it wasn't required.

Postby gallantrabbit

You start to get the feeling that Allen is now playing up to his image as motor mouth and the press is hardly going to help him there. I did think about this with the BH spat, thought maybe BH could even be involved in his creation of a snooker 'soap opera', but with this I'm almost convinced Allen is looking for newspaper clippings. Robbo played a great match end of. Deal with it Allen.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Last night it was a fast-paced match. Allen is just being a mug.

exactly ....

buck me another aussie Eddie Carlton would have slaughtered him then <laugh>

Postby Casey

I think mark felt that Robbo didn't play his natural pace in amongst the balls, which he probably did. No big issue though, Mark had the chances to win the game and I bet that's were a lot of this frustration came from.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:I think mark felt that Robbo didn't play his natural pace in amongst the balls, which he probably did. No big issue though, Mark had the chances to win the game and I bet that's were a lot of this frustration came from.

i love mark doing that.

just look back on Alex Higgins christ he would blame the man in the back row if he lost lol

Postby gallantrabbit

Robbo may have slowed down the 6th a little I don't know. The last three frames were won at one visit though. Just Allen getting into his blabber mouth role.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:I think mark felt that Robbo didn't play his natural pace in amongst the balls, which he probably did. No big issue though, Mark had the chances to win the game and I bet that's were a lot of this frustration came from.

i love mark doing that.

just look back on Alex Higgins christ he would blame the man in the back row if he lost lol

rofl rofl :clap:

Postby Casey

Remember Allen also said he got what he deserved in the match - honest enough.

Postby jojo

if im honest im disappointed in allen because i watched that match and i dont think robertson was slow at all he was just better

inetersting what robertson said in his post match interview after he beat williams today he said he will play slow only when he needs to ie when he feels hes not playing great it better to take his time than rush things and give a hundred percent

now allen can take note here this a player who has been in one final and he been a professional for a good few years and never won a title and he might want to ask himself why he lost so many semi finals perhaps because his playing style is too one dimensional no back up game like i always been saying

maybe it because robertson does have a back up game when things not going well that why hes won six ranking events including the world championship and he has an outside chance of adding the masters title in 48 hours

Postby Roland

Robbo is class. He is the current snooker players snooker player.

Postby jojo

i think tomorrow is significant because if robertson does beat trump they could have a serious rivalry for the next few years however if trump wins that will be three major wins in a row for him against robertson who im sure will begin to have doubts and trump is going to get better in the next couple of years

however i hope people dont get carried away with trump yes he fantastic to watch and he a breath of fresh air but but a peak ronnie would not have had too much problem in putting him away

i think ken doherty said something similar he said a ronnie at his best produced a much higher all round standard than judd been producing judd may have the flair and speed of a raw jimmy white that doesnt necessarily mean he untouchable

if anyone was unplayable in their peak it was ronnie

Postby GJ

Robbo is adaptable depending on his form and opponent

It shows intellgience to mix up game plans and style of play.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:its no coincidence Trump is also slamming Jonos style of play and saying it also bored him into submission

It shows both are weak snooker is about as much mind games as what happens on the table

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:Robbo is class. He is the current snooker players snooker player.

:huh:

What I mean by that is his game is appreciated by other snooker players, old and new.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:Robbo is class. He is the current snooker players snooker player.

:huh:

What I mean by that is his game is appreciated by other snooker players, old and new.

after the recent comments by Allen and Trump, id question your statement :baby:

Postby Roland

Yes, two of the fastest young players and a prime target for Robbo. To put it another way Witz, and this is why I'm surprised you're not more of a fan, his style is "classic". He is the modern day 80's player of the type you love to harp on about.

Postby Casey

He played his normal speed, he's always quite slow. He did what he had to go, and he got in front. He was a little bit boring in the first couple of frames so I lost a bit of interest.

"If I had played my best game I would have beaten him easily. So I've got myself to blame really. He has done what he can do with his talent. He has won a lot of tournaments, he's worked hard over the years so he's done well.

These comments are even more cutting than what Allen said. i wonder all those that criticized Allen do the same to Judd :chin: