Post a reply

Re: Ronnie clarifies his position about playing in China

Postby gallantrabbit

There is slowly but surely more wisdom coming out of Ronnie's mouth. Ronnie's still good enough to be able to balance his life, because he can get enough ranking points not to have to play in all the PTCs for example.
We're getting less and less of the rashness and more measured speeches. Anyone can appreciate wanting to be with your young family.
Snooker needs Ronnie, even with Judd in the frame, and one day Ronnie will finally admit that Ronnie needs snooker, cos he loves the game and the buzz of being so good at it.
I think and hope that Ronnie will be around at least as long as the likes of Higgins and Williams.

Postby Wildey

Point is with Ronnie he sais and does things based on how he feels at the moment therefore when he has to get on a aeroplane consistantly he will say something different as mon says there its mood swings.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:I was hoping that Ronnie would say; "I don't like doing it." That's pretty much his position on playing in China.

No it's not. He likes the place, the people and … the food. He genuinely does. What he doesn't like is the long haul flight, being far away from home for long with no easy fast way to go back "in case something happened" and the fact that he usually suffer severe sleeping problems with the huge time difference. But going there with his manager makes it a bit easier.
BTW Judd doesn't like to go to China… even if he won there and certainly will go and play there when tournaments are on.

Postby Casey

Allen said he doesn't really like playing in China either, even though that's were he won his first pro title. He won't not play there though, the players know that's were the money is.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I was hoping that Ronnie would say; "I don't like doing it." That's pretty much his position on playing in China.

No it's not. He likes the place, the people and … the food. He genuinely does. What he doesn't like is the long haul flight, being far away from home for long with no easy fast way to go back "in case something happened" and the fact that he usually suffer severe sleeping problems with the huge time difference. But going there with his manager makes it a bit easier.
BTW Judd doesn't like to go to China… even if he won there and certainly will go and play there when tournaments are on.

So, he doesn't like doing it?

Postby Monique

He likes parts of it and doesn't like other parts of it. Like most.
I like traveling, I do it a lot. But I don't like to be trapped in a plane for 8 hours and I had to travel for work a couple of times when one of my children was unwell and the anxiety about her was torture for the whole trips. Also jet-lag and out-of-synch sleeping patterns can be taking a lot of of you when you have to be fully concentrated.
As I said Ronnie loves the place, the people, the food, genuinely. That's more than many players who just stay in the hotel, won't see anything, won't try the local products and are not interested in anything different to what they are used to. Not naming names.

BTW David Hendon today is stressing why China is important: http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... china.html?

With that kind of prize money, I expect players to make the trip.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:He likes parts of it and doesn't like other parts of it. Like most.
I like traveling, I do it a lot. But I don't like to be trapped in a plane for 8 hours and I had to travel for work a couple of times when one of my children was unwell and the anxiety about her was torture for the whole trips. Also jet-lag and out-of-synch sleeping patterns can be taking a lot of of you when you have to be fully concentrated.
As I said Ronnie loves the place, the people, the food, genuinely. That's more than many players who just stay in the hotel, won't see anything, won't try the local products and are not interested in anything different to what they are used to. Not naming names.

BTW David Hendon today is stressing why China is important: http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... china.html?

With that kind of prize money, I expect players to make the trip.

Nice! And a ranking event in October to fill the gap was badly needed. My only complaint is that some of these events should be back to back, i.e the Wuxi and the new event, change the calendar around a bit to make it happen?

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:
Nice! And a ranking event in October to fill the gap was badly needed. My only complaint is that some of these events should be back to back, i.e the Wuxi and the new event, change the calendar around a bit to make it happen?

I'm hoping it's first week. What a birthday present that would be. :spot on:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Just saw someone on Hendon's comments going on about birthday treats. Thought they must be Chinese with a random comment like that.

No, just some sad loser who considers watching snooker on their birthday a treat. <laugh>