Topic locked

Re: Liang Wenbo v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Casey

I have always said the best time to beat Ronnie is in the early stages. Wenbo is dangerous for most, however if their ranking final is anything to go by Ronnie should win easily enough. Of course it does not always work out like that so we shall wait and see.

Monique made a good point about it being better for him than drawing the like of O'Brien for different reasons.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Anyone fancy Liang to do the business?

It is certainly a possibility, it's maybe the strongest qualifier. However I'm sure Ronnie will prefer this to a grinder. If he enjoys the game and looks forward to it he will always be more difficult to beat than if he is frustrated. I'm more confident with this than I would be if he faced Fergal or Dott.

Postby Roland

It's going to be a cracker for sure and I'll be there for the first session. Can't wait!

Postby Rocket_ron

my oppinoon on this matter is...
its gonna be a close one, it all depends which ronnie turns up.
Wenbo did play good in the qualifiers but the player he beat (rod) wasn't exactly pushing wenbo.
i think if the right ronnie turns up then 10-6 10-7 win. if the bad ronnie turns up then he will lose 10-8 10-9.
no matter what I think ronnie will win at least 8 frames

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:my oppinoon on this matter is...
Wenbo did play good in the qualifiers but the player he beat (rod) wasn't exactly pushing wenbo.
i think if the right ronnie turns up then 10-6 10-7 win. if the bad ronnie turns up then he will lose 10-8 10-9.

it depends whitch player turns up no matter who the player is.

its a bit iratating having ronnie fans saying it depends on his head etc that goes for everyone.

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:my oppinoon on this matter is...

it depends whitch player turns up no matter who the player is.

its a bit iratating having ronnie fans saying it depends on his head etc that goes for everyone.

Just my oppinion wild thats all

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:but its a irritating opinion <ok>

agreed

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:Thanks guys

im just being honest...

players might go in to a match after finding out his wife been sleeping around its private but his head not right and theres plenty other explanations why players lose because their head not in it i feel its used as a excuse for ronnie losing a bit to often.

Postby Wildey

its defiantly the pick of the round followed by Selby v Doherty and Ebdon v Dott.

Postby GJ

cope v carter is good as well

Postby Casey

Ronnie will out smart him. Put it this way given Wenbo has a limited safety game he will probably need 7 or 8 frame winning breaks to win the match, not easy at all

Postby GJ

TheCleaver wrote:If Liang loses does he miss out on top 16?

Tough draw :grrr: but will fancy his chances <ok>

it will be very doubtful that he will be top 16 if he loses

if he wins he is a certainty for top 16 and i think he can do it

Postby TheCleaver

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

it will be very doubtful that he will be top 16 if he loses

if he wins he is a certainty for top 16 and i think he can do it

He'll have to win then :) just knew he would be the blockbuster draw again.

Postby Casey

It will be touch and go, Walden and Stevens are out of it. The winner of Dott and Ebdon could make it :chin:

Postby Wildey

lets put it this way he is not in a good possition to win another Ranking match this season.

i think there are plenty in striking distance that are in china and the World that will overtake him and he will finish 17 or 18 if he wont beat Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

I am not a Ronnie fan, as people know, but I can see him winning this one. People were making out that Liang was a nightmare draw for the top 16, but I think it's Liang that has had the nightmare draw. Liang might get a few frames in, and I think if he makes it close he'll have achieved something, but I can only see this going to Ronnie.

Liang is fast improving, and there are many players in the top 16 he could have beaten, I feel. But as has been pointed out, a fast attacking game is what Ronnie loves to see in his opponents, so will be super psyched out about this one. I see it going the same was as their Shanghai final last year.

But then, what do I know, I was surprised when Mark Allan beat Ronnie last year. And would certainly love to see Ronnie go out in the first stage. <ok>

Postby littlebylittle

case_master wc wrote:

It will be touch and go, Walden and Stevens are out of it. The winner of Dott and Ebdon could make it :chin:

Don't forget Cope,i fancy him against carter

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Definitely. Carter is going home :D

so is ronnie and there will be another big shock in round 1 :chin:

hawkins :ahh: