Topic locked

BGC Masters 1st Round Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sunday 15th - Sunday 22nd of January at Alexandra Palace, London

After 33 years at Wembley Firstly the Conference Centre then The Arena the Masters makes it way to Alexandra Palace where Ding Junhui will be defending his Title against None Other than Ronnie O'Sullivan...

Last year Ding won in the first all asian Final, However This year Marco Fu the beaten Finalist will not be there due to not Sustaining a Top 16 Place.

Making Masters Comeback this year are Matthew Stevens last played in 2007 Where he lost in the Last 16 6-5 to Stephen Hendry (who himself will not be there for the first time since 1988). Also Making a Return is Stephen Lee who Last played in 2008 and Reached the Final where he Lost 10-3 to Mark Selby.

Making his 3rd Masters Apearance But his First as a Top 16 Player will be Stuart Bingham and Judd Trump making his 2nd Apearance Having lost 6-4 to Mark Allen in 2009 Wild Card Round

The Only Debutant this year Will be Martin Gould having just sneaked in to the Top 16 at no 16.

Who Will Win This Year ?

DRAW

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image
__________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 15th of January

1.30pm

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan

7pm

Mark Williams v Stephen Maguire

Monday 16th of January

12.30pm

Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham

7pm

Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould

Tuesday 17th of January

12.30pm

John Higgins v Matthew Stevens

7pm

Neil Robertson v Mark Allen

Wednesday 18th of January

12.30pm

Mark Selby v Stephen Lee

7pm

Allister Carter v Graeme Dott

Re: The Masters 1st Round Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Bourne

hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
hendry_fan wrote::-( :-( :-( :-( !!!!Where is Hendry!!!! :-( :-( :-( :-(

Who ?

:-D STEPHEN HENDRY,THE GREATEST EVER SNOOKER PLAYER!. :-D

Oh yeh I remember him, he used to be good like 10 years ago ?

Postby hendry_fan

sundaygirl wrote:

Hopefully he'll be in the commtary box

:-) Yes,he could well be sundaygirl. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

Bourne wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Who ?

He still is good Bourne,of course not as good as he was 10 years ago,after all he,s a lot older now than he was 10 years ago isn,t he. :-)

I cant wait to how your beloved Judd Trump will play snooker at the age of 42,(Hendry will in fact be 43 tomorrow)!. :-)

Postby Bourne

hendry_fan wrote:I cant wait to how your beloved Judd Trump will play snooker at the age of 42,(Hendry will in fact be 43 tomorrow)!. :-)

Doubt he'll have time to play snooker at that age tbh, he'll be too busy polishing all 8 of his World Championship trophy replicas ...

Postby hendry_fan

Bourne wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:I cant wait to how your beloved Judd Trump will play snooker at the age of 42,(Hendry will in fact be 43 tomorrow)!. :-)

Doubt he'll have time to play snooker at that age tbh, he'll be too busy polishing all 8 of his World Championship trophy replicas ...

<laugh> UIUIUIUI,i,ll be the first to buy you a BIG pint of beer if that happens Bourne!. <laugh>

I actualy like Judd Trump,he,s a very nice lad indeed and i like his snooker,he,s a breath of fresh air and is great for snooker,i,ll be rooting for him this week,if theres anyone that i,d like to break Hendrys records,(not that i want them to be beaten),but if,then i,d like it to be another scottish player or Judd trump himself!.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Hopefully he'll be in the commtary box

More likely than Clive Everton being there.

Clive Everton,that old fogey!. :dizzy: ,nah,Clives a nice lad. :-)

What are you gonna tuck into tonight SnookerFan?,i,m off for some chicken,sweet n sour :-)

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:What are you gonna tuck into tonight SnookerFan?,i,m off for some chicken,sweet n sour :-)

Chicken kiev and chips.

Without allowing myself beer next week, I am going to tuck into plenty of takeaways. :D

Pizzas and Chinese. :mex: :mex:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:What are you gonna tuck into tonight SnookerFan?,i,m off for some chicken,sweet n sour :-)

Chicken kiev and chips.

Without allowing myself beer next week, I am going to tuck into plenty of takeaways. :D

"Chicken kiev and chips",Gordon Bennet!!!!!,*yam yam* :-D

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Chicken kiev and chips.

"Chicken kiev and chips",Gordon Bennet!!!!!,*yam yam* :-D

And peas. :D

Postby Witz78

hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Who ?

He still is good Bourne,of course not as good as he was 10 years ago,after all he,s a lot older now than he was 10 years ago isn,t he. :-)

I cant wait to how your beloved Judd Trump will play snooker at the age of 42,(Hendry will in fact be 43 tomorrow)!. :-)

Lets see if / how Hendrys playing when hes in his mid 50s like the Nugget

Postby hendry_fan

Yes indeed "Witz78" indeed!. we,ll just have to wait n see.

It,s gonna be intresting to see just how long Hendry decides to play,some say he should retire,some would like to see him carry on.

I for one obviously would love to see him carry on especially now that grandpa Barrys got snooker flowin again and has produced many more tournaments.

Now that the snookers on the up,it would actually be a bit silly to retire,after all this is what all the players have been wanting,so why retire!.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Who ?

doubt we will see that Davis is contented being shitty for a long time hendry wont be.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
hendry_fan wrote: :-D STEPHEN HENDRY,THE GREATEST EVER SNOOKER PLAYER!. :-D

doubt we will see that Davis is contented being shitty for a long time hendry wont be.

Hendry HAS already been shitty for a long time though so whats your point caller :john:

Postby SnookerFan

boris_the_butcher wrote:Two good uns to start the event, Ronnie and Ding i'll be match of the round and mags and williams won't hang around. Fast and furious.

Plenty of good matches in the first round this year. :D

You mentioned two good ones, but I'm looking forward to Murphy vs Gould too. And Higgins vs Stevens. (Though, this may go down to who blobs first. <laugh> )