Post a reply

Northern Ireland Premier Ranking Tour 2011/12

Postby roy142857

Patrick Wallace won Event 3 of the Northern Ireland Premier Ranking Tour last week,

:win:

defeating Sean Gray.

Sorry, don't know exact match results, but do know Wallace beat World Snooker coach Dermot McGlinchey and Gray beat up-and-coming young player Declan Brennan in the semi finals. Losing quarter finalists included Jordan Brown, Ryan McQuillan and Robert McCullough - sorry, no idea who the fourth was!

Event 2 winner CJ Anderson went out at the last 16 stage and Event 1 winner Colin Bingham wasn't participating.

Points are scored 100 for a win, 70 for runner-up, 50 for semi finalists, 30 for quarter finalists, 20 for last 16 and 10 for last 32. Last year the ranking points winner was Joe Meara (which qualified him for the Pro Tour).

Standings
Declan Brennan 140
CJ Anderson 120
Jordan Brown 110
Patrick Wallace 100
Dermot McGlinchey 100
Colin Bingham 100
Gary Crawford 90
Ramie McAllister 90
Robert McCullough 80
Maurice McCusker 80
Sean Gray 80
Ryan McQuillan 70

Unfortunately the NIBSA website is still showing last years calendar of events & results (even then incomplete I think) with a promise that this years will be up soon - preumably they lost their web person? - so no idea when the next event is ...

:-(

Re: Northern Ireland Premier Ranking Tour 2011/12

Postby roy142857

Casey wrote:Cheers for putting this up. Still alot of the old names near the top, not a whole lot of newbies coming through.

Declan Brennan seems to be the main hope (think he's about 18?), Joe McGonnell the NIBSA Chair was posting very positive comments about Declan's future on NIBSA's facebook page earlier in the season.

Quick edit - I think Jordan Brown is quite young too?
Last edited by roy142857 on 21 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby roy142857

Sure is.

And Dermot McGlinchey was on the main tour last year, though he's now getting into coaching having undertaken a course at South West Snooker with Terry Griffiths et al

And another quick edit - Wallace of course 'retired' at the end of last season- he'd not entered the previous Northern Ireland Premier Ranking Tour events
Last edited by roy142857 on 21 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is there any reason why he retired from the game, when in a safe position ranking-wise (I think ...), yet he still seems to be playing the game regularly on the amateur circuit ?

Postby roy142857

Sonny wrote:I guess he dropped off tour. He's been in most PTC events I think. He was there in PTC7, I remember watching him against Reanne.

I think he entered five and played in four - my guess is he's enjoying snooker more this way ...

Postby Casey

roy142857 wrote:
Casey wrote:Cheers for putting this up. Still alot of the old names near the top, not a whole lot of newbies coming through.

Declan Brennan seems to be the main hope (think he's about 18?), Joe McGonnell the NIBSA Chair was posting very positive comments about Declan's future on NIBSA's facebook page earlier in the season.

Quick edit - I think Jordan Brown is quite young too?

I think Jordan has been round a while, maybe 23 or 24. Not going to make it now I would think.