Post a reply

Re: Ronnie Vs Mark

Postby Bourne

Mark was pwning him throughout IMVHHO.

Postby SnookerFan

Was this a serious bust-up? I thought this was just two players messing. If it got in the news everybody that Mark Williams had slagged off on twitter, it'd be every player.

Postby Roland

It was banter, typical press to blow it up

Postby Roland

There was something in it though, they were saying things to each other that perhaps they shouldn't in public but they both seemed to take it well. Ronnie won the first exchange but Mark keeps hitting back. Got a feeling this has got some legs.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:There was something in it though, they were saying things to each other that perhaps they shouldn't in public but they both seemed to take it well. Ronnie won the first exchange but Mark keeps hitting back. Got a feeling this has got some legs.

Still, it can't be a bad thing. If it gets snooker in the paper, might get people watching. Maybe they can enter into this a bit more next time they play. Can't hurt if Ronnie starts bantering it up with Judd either, especially posts on twitter more often than he blinks.

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:There was something in it though, they were saying things to each other that perhaps they shouldn't in public but they both seemed to take it well. Ronnie won the first exchange but Mark keeps hitting back. Got a feeling this has got some legs.

Players tease and banter with each other a lot on the tour and they can go quite rough.

Postby Roland

Mark Williams loves his wind ups <laugh>

Postby Bourne

How would Ronnie know what's been up Dunny's bum :limp:

Postby Roland

He's probably read his twitter feed :redneck:

Postby kostasmad

Ah, I am sure that it is more than banter...There is always a light fire that burns in that kind of words...

Postby Rocket_ron

bingham and holty have joined in now, ronnie is getting battered. its not fair. one on one is ok but 3 on 1 isnt

Postby SnookerFan

Rocket_ron wrote:bingham and holty have joined in now, ronnie is getting battered. its not fair. one on one is ok but 3 on 1 isnt

:roll:

Postby Casey

Please post the tweet's here.

Postby Wildey

it started off as harmless banter but a joke is a joke only when a line is drawn with bingham and especially holty getting involved the line is being crossed....i know theres been tension for years between Ronnie and Holt...

Postby Bourne

Eh I can't see twitter at the moment, what's been said ?

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Eh I can't see twitter at the moment, what's been said ?

hitmanholt Michael Holt
@
@ronnieo147 @stuart__bingham @markwil147 ..you are with snooker/life. If this is true, do something else. You have enough mone yto do...

ronnieo147 Ronnie O'Sullivan
@
@hitmanholt @stuart__bingham @markwil147 any way can only devote a certain amount of time talking to losers. It is unproductive

hitmanholt Michael Holt
@
@ronnieo147 @stuart__bingham @markwil147 I have high standards mate, I've learnt not to let it get me down when I don't reach them...

@ronnieo147 Ronnie O'Sullivan
@hitmanholt @stuart__bingham @markwil147 I do really like u all.. Your all nice people.. With no drive... Love and kisses xxxx:))

hitmanholt Michael Holt
@
@ronnieo147 @stuart__bingham @markwil147 I love you more Ron....... You look like Sonia from eastenders. XxX

ronnieo147 Ronnie O'Sullivan
@
@hitmanholt @stuart__bingham @markwil147 here we go another loser on the go... Hit mans at it now..

there are more aswell lol

Postby Bourne

Haha that's clearly just a bit of banter, no harm done. Holty wouldn't have steamed in if he couldn't handle it, same with Ronnie. Not like any of these muppets are unable to defend themselves ...

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Haha that's clearly just a bit of banter, no harm done. Holty wouldn't have steamed in if he couldn't handle it, same with Ronnie. Not like any of these muppets are unable to defend themselves ...

Will the banter stay funny for those of us that follow them, that is the question? <laugh>

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Haha that's clearly just a bit of banter, no harm done. Holty wouldn't have steamed in if he couldn't handle it, same with Ronnie. Not like any of these muppets are unable to defend themselves ...

Will the banter stay funny for those of us that follow them, that is the question? <laugh>

Hope so. You know I wouldn't be surprised if Bazza put most of them up to this, to get snooker some more headlines and to make the more unknown players get a bit of spotlight and ultimately confidence that they could take into match arenas.

Postby Roland

Get the feeling Holty's waded in and not got the context of what went before.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Get the feeling Holty's waded in and not got the context of what went before.

yea that how i see it you know how much of a wind up Mark Williams is and if it was serious he wouldnt do it on twitter its just fun for him.

Postby Roland

Holty was more serious. Looking forward to the next time he draws Ronnie, should be entertaining. Can't beat a bit of needle every now and again.

Postby boris_the_butcher

Bust-up? , cobblers. It's good these two are now comfortable with each other that they can rib each other.

With regards to Holt, I suspect those are his genuine opinions, disguised as banter. No doubt many other players share the same view but don't have a plausible outlet to let rip.

Postby Wildey

boris_the_butcher wrote:Bust-up? , cobblers. It's good these two are now comfortable with each other that they can rib each other.

With regards to Holt, I suspect those are his genuine opinions, disguised as banter. No doubt many other players share the same view but don't have a plausible outlet to let rip.

no lovelost between Ronnie and Holty whitch there was between Ronnie and Mark a few years back but you just know these tweets from mark is the sort of thing he texted to hendry and vise versa for years proberbly still does it would be good to have stephen on twitter lol