Post a reply

Ivy Zhu

Postby SnookerFan

I meant to start a thread about this a while back.

What did everybody think of her performances at the UKs? I didn't see her ref properly, just score keeping and helping the more famous referees.

Does anybody think she'll make appearances at other rankers soon? Crucible perhaps. :hatoff:

Re: Ivy Zhu

Postby Roland

I think she's great

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I think she's great

And her refereeing? rofl

Postby Roland

That's what I was talking about

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:That's what I was talking about

Oh right. :john:

Postby Monique

Jan rates her highly and told me that she's a very hard working young lady who has improved massively over the last year. I expect her to ref at the Crucible. She has been reffing in round 1 in the UK.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

Jan rates her highly and told me that she's a very hard working young lady who has improved massively over the last year. I expect her to ref at the Crucible. She has been reffing in round 1 in the UK.

I had a discussion with Michaela about her when she was reffing one of the tournaments on Eurosport. I have a feeling that Michaela rates her highly, and is quite friendly with her.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Monique wrote:

I had a discussion with Michaela about her when she was reffing one of the tournaments on Eurosport. I have a feeling that Michaela rates her highly, and is quite friendly with her.

bad monkey X :jugs: = :cum:

Postby Bourne

I would say she did a good job at the UK <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:I would say she did a good job at the UK <ok>

I would too...

Say she did a good job at the UK.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:

I would too...

It was borderline funny the first time, re-hashing the same joke is epic fail <doh>

Postby Wildey

what id say is despite her obvious charms for the male population you hardly notice her in a game for me thats a great trate to have for a referee.

Postby Roland

She adds some class, she's very efficient at her job and her score calling is great to listen to.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:what id say is despite her obvious charms for the male population you hardly notice her in a game for me thats a great trate to have for a referee.

Sonny wrote:She adds some class, she's very efficient at her job and her score calling is great to listen to.

:bowdown: Good times. I was a bit disappointed she wasn't watching any of the matches I watched last week. She's held in high regard, and I wanted to watch her in a high profile match. I doubt she'll do the Masters, as that tends to be the same three referees every year. But I'd like to see her in a big tournament match soon.

Postby Witz78

Refs should be strict men with glasses who are at least 60 year old. Political correctness gone mad these days. Refs should be strict old men who strike fear into the players and command respect.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I would too...

It was borderline funny the first time, re-hashing the same joke is epic fail <doh>

I just wanted to be a part of it. :-(

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Refs should be strict men with glasses who are at least 60 year old. Political correctness gone mad these days. Refs should be strict old men who strike fear into the players and command respect.

:bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Refs should be strict men with glasses who are at least 60 year old. Political correctness gone mad these days. Refs should be strict old men who strike fear into the players and command respect.

shes more efficiant than Eirian Williams who by being strict sometimes makes himself noticed as if hes fame hungry..

Postby Bourne

She does understandably have a relatively nervous, quiet stance around the table when she's reffing in England but that's understandable since she ain't been here long and doesn't know the language well, she might be a bit of a strict disciplinarian when she's in China and in her comfort-zone for all we know :chin:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:She does understandably have a relatively nervous, quiet stance around the table when she's reffing in England but that's understandable since she ain't been here long and doesn't know the language well, she might be a bit of a strict disciplinarian when she's in China and in her comfort-zone for all we know :chin:

she has done quite a bit in china open and shanghai and during this season the PTC but it was her first outing at the UK whitch was a big deal for her only the second woman to be elivated to mainstream majors next step the crucible whitch i think will be next year.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:shes more efficiant than Eirian Williams who by being strict sometimes makes himself noticed as if hes fame hungry..

Eirian can come across as being over strict a lot of the time. Michaela gets strict, but it seems to be on rarer occasions. Jan The Man doesn't do it much at all, and comes across as efficient without being arsey.

Though Eirian did sort out those drunken troublemakers at The Crucible once. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Did I imagine it, or did Patricia Murphy once referee at a ranking event?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Did I imagine it, or did Patricia Murphy once referee at a ranking event?

no she couldnt hack the pace at her initiation ceremony at the 02 last year at the Power Snooker so shes not up to the job.

not naming names but theres one wannabee female ref i just cant see hacking the pace either tbh :gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Did I imagine it, or did Patricia Murphy once referee at a ranking event?

no she couldnt hack the pace at her initiation ceremony at the 02 last year at the Power Snooker so shes not up to the job.

not naming names but theres one wannabee female ref i just cant see hacking the pace either tbh :gag:

That's right, she was in tears at the 02, wasn't she? Poor lass.

Maybe it's the World Series I'm thinking of. She was definitely on television there.

Postby GJ

Shes miles ahead of Tabb

<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:Shes miles ahead of Tabb

<ok>

Stop dissing my girlfriend. :grrr: :grrr: