Masters 2008: first round defeat

UK Champion 2008: Shaun Murphy
Masters 2009: first round defeat

UK Champion 2009: Ding Junhui
Masters 2010: first round defeat

UK Champion 2010: John Higgins
Masters 2011: first round defeat

I'll sum this up for you:
No reigning UK Champion was able to win even a single match in the Masters for 8 straight years in a row now.

My conclusion:
Judd Trump will lose in the first round in 2012.

Re: Performances by the reigning UK Champions in the Masters

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:By the way - this is the comment that indirectly started this thread:

SnookerFan wrote:Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham - Just to be different to everyone else, and because there is no way it'll happen.

I think there's no way it won't happen.

<laugh>

I'm half tempted to offer to make it interesting.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Crazy set of stats. Ding wasn't top 16 in 2006, sure he would have bucked the trend but it's pretty crazy anyway to see the records over recent years.

Yes, it does make interesting reading. It just shows the quality of all members of the top-16, that the UK Champion has struggled in the first round the past few years.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Crazy set of stats. Ding wasn't top 16 in 2006, sure he would have bucked the trend but it's pretty crazy anyway to see the records over recent years.

Yes, it does make interesting reading. It just shows the quality of all members of the top-16, that the UK Champion has struggled in the first round the past few years.

Been spending christmas celebrating the UK Win by january they are screwed lol

it would be interesting to see when did the UK Move from mid november to early december maybe that has something to do with it ? straight on to christmas snake hiss up from the UK lol

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:It's normal that the best players would take an event like the UK more seriously than the Masters :D

sad but true i suspect.

they go in to the masters with atitute im UK Champ really winning this would only be a bonus