Topic locked

Who do you want to win the first round matches?

Postby SnookerFan

The same as for the UK. Don't predict the matches, state who you will be rooting for in each match.

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan - Revenge for 2007, and to the BBC team, who somehow seem to blame Ding.

Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham - Just to be different to everyone else, and because there is no way it'll happen.

Neil Robertson v Mark Allen - I can't decide, both players I like. Maybe Mark Allan because of his bo17 stance.

Mark Williams v Stephen Maguire - What a top match. I prefer Mark though.

Mark Selby v Stephen Lee - I just prefer him

Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould - CHAT UP MY FRIEND WIIL YOU, GOULD? :grrr:

Ali Carter v Graeme Dott - :zzz:

John Higgins v Matthew Stevens - To annoy Sundaygirl

Re: Who do you want to win the first round matches?

Postby sundaygirl

As always with the Masters I will be watching every frame of every match :D

Ding Junhui vs Ronnie O'Sullivan Like them both would like to be going to this one in person.

Neil Robertson vs Mark Allen Didn't see this as a stand out match when the draw was made, but really looking foward to it now, don't mind who wins would like a close match.

Mark Williams vs Stephen Maguire

Mark Selby vs Stephen Lee

Shaun Murphy vs Martin Gould Have be honest this more of an anti Smurph vote.

Ali Carter vs Graeme Dott Though Graeme doesn't play his best stuff in London.

John Higgins vs Matthew Stevens Has to be Matthew :love: quietly confident best time to draw Higgins is Round 1.

Postby Bourne

sundaygirl wrote:As always with the Masters I will be watching every frame of every match :D

Ding Junhui vs Ronnie O'Sullivan Like them both would like to be going to this one in person.

Neil Robertson vs Mark Allen Didn't see this as a stand out match when the draw was made, but really looking foward to it now, don't mind who wins would like a close match.

Mark Williams vs Stephen Maguire

Mark Selby vs Stephen Lee

Shaun Murphy vs Martin Gould Have be honest this more of an anti Smurph vote.

Ali Carter vs Graeme Dott Though Graeme doesn't play his best stuff in London.

John Higgins vs Matthew Stevens Has to be Matthew :love: quietly confident best time to draw Higgins is Round 1.

Abstaining on the big match I see :dizzy:

Postby Bourne

Re: Masters Wild Card
by SnookerFan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 pm

case_master wrote:
Wenbo will not get one. If Hearn thought he was that valuable he would have kept his match to the televised stages of the World Open.

Alot will depend on the UK I guess. I would go for Trump he won an EPTC event and needs more exposure to TV audiences as he is going to be one of the faces of the future.

Face of the future. What is he planning to get on Crimewatch?

---------------------

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Rigsby could play the girlie Bristolian in the quarters. I hope they both get through.

Selby to win the event.

Wow! It's not like you to mention Ronnie.

well technically he didn't he mentioned a character from a 1970s sit com :shrug:

but i guess when Ronnie asked for a nosh in china it did give a whole new meaning to "Rising Damp" rofl

Postby mediter

Who´s that ? I am sincerely interested here, like pretty always when wild says something... What do you mean, can u be more specific ?

OK, I was just joking and bullshitting mate, I know what u mean. Sorry just forgot that one thing, sorry m8... I know, I know. Let´s juts get in on and go on :D

Postby sundaygirl

"Abstaining on the big match I see :dizzy: "

When I read this, or rather saw who posted it I realised I had missed out Judd's match, but really couldn't remember who he was playing :chuckle: had to look it up!

Judd Trump vs Stuart Bingham

Judd's second round match will be the big match.

Postby Witz78

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan - Rocket to humiliate Ding Junhui My Lord yet again

Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham - International Playboy to destroy Big Hands

Neil Robertson v Mark Allen - OMG who do i support here, Hearn hater or Jono? ill have to toss a coin on the day

Mark Williams v Stephen Maguire - Mags all the way against the Naughty Tweeter

Mark Selby v Stephen Lee - Pieman all the way for me, Wiggys starting to annoy me

Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould - Facebook perv over Bible Boy anyday of the week

Ali Carter v Graeme Dott - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz cant both of them lose, prob Dott just so Carter gets closer to retiring

John Higgins v Matthew Stevens - Id even support the guy who killed Gaddaffi rather than Ben Johnson, so a no brainer here, Welsh Bottler to win

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Re: Masters Wild Card
by SnookerFan » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 pm

case_master wrote:
Wenbo will not get one. If Hearn thought he was that valuable he would have kept his match to the televised stages of the World Open.

Alot will depend on the UK I guess. I would go for Trump he won an EPTC event and needs more exposure to TV audiences as he is going to be one of the faces of the future.

Face of the future. What is he planning to get on Crimewatch?

---------------------

<doh> <doh> <doh>

rofl rofl rofl

We can all make a mistake. Have you had that bookmarked or something?

Postby Witz78

yeh even about March time i remember by then id been arguing for ages with Wild that Hendry was on the slide and would drop out of the top 16 and also that Trump was on the up and would soon pass Hendry in the rankings on his climb.

Wild claimed Trump would never get above Hendry in the rankings.

9 months later from Wild still claiming this would never happen, Trump is over 21,000 points ahead of Hendry (oh and he has 5,000 points less to lose this season also)

i really am gonna need to have a dig into the archives to find some of these quotes and arguments,

Me and Bourne were the only 2 who had full faith in Trump from the off.

Maybe i was slightly biased as i was at the game when he beat Ronnie in the Grand Prix quarters so had seen first hand the talent that was there when he was far younger, but those writing him off and claiming hed missed the boat were in a dreamworld.

Even before his breakthrough in Shanghai, er China lol, he was still far further ahead of most other players in terms of achievments, rankings etc.

I remember GJ slagging Trump so i did a Trump at 21 comparison versus Jono at 21 and it was like chalk and cheese. Now 9 months later Trump at 22 must be well ahead of pretty much everybody at that age bar obvious freak exceptions like Ronnie, Hendry and more recently Ding

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:yeh even about March time i remember by then id been arguing for ages with Wild that Hendry was on the slide and would drop out of the top 16 and also that Trump was on the up and would soon pass Hendry in the rankings on his climb.

Wild claimed Trump would never get above Hendry in the rankings.

9 months later from Wild still claiming this would never happen, Trump is over 21,000 points ahead of Hendry (oh and he has 5,000 points less to lose this season also)

i really am gonna need to have a dig into the archives to find some of these quotes and arguments,

Me and Bourne were the only 2 who had full faith in Trump from the off.

Maybe i was slightly biased as i was at the game when he beat Ronnie in the Grand Prix quarters so had seen first hand the talent that was there when he was far younger, but those writing him off and claiming hed missed the boat were in a dreamworld.

Even before his breakthrough in Shanghai, er China lol, he was still far further ahead of most other players in terms of achievments, rankings etc.

I remember GJ slagging Trump so i did a Trump at 21 comparison versus Jono at 21 and it was like chalk and cheese. Now 9 months later Trump at 22 must be well ahead of pretty much everybody at that age bar obvious freak exceptions like Ronnie, Hendry and more recently Ding

I did find it strange that everybody on here, well you and Bourne, were hyping him up when he hadn't done much since beating Ronnie in that match. To be fair, my argument was more based on the fact that I was annoyed by the hype before he'd achieved anything. But fair play, he has just ified it.

Postby Wildey

listen sausage head the way he was playing at that time no he wouldnt have gone ahead of Hendry i live in the real world judge each player on merit there and then not some mystic meg or russell grant coblers.

Postby Bourne

He'd done acres more than his generation's peers were doing though, that was the main point, so this breakthrough could never be something that people were surprised about. The potential Ding vs Trump rivalry really excites me, even though Ding hasn't been having the best of it in recent months, I think he'll be fine, he'll fulfill his extraordinary talent.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:He'd done acres more than his generation's peers were doing though, that was the main point, so this breakthrough could never be something that people were surprised about. The potential Ding vs Trump rivalry really excites me, even though Ding hasn't been having the best of it in recent months, I think he'll be fine, he'll fulfill his extraordinary talent.

mate like it or lump it he had won events that Bingham been winning for the last 10 years at that time.

he won events played in front of a refs nothing else his first real tournament win was The PHC PTC last season.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:listen sausage head the way he was playing at that time no he wouldnt have gone ahead of Hendry i live in the real world judge each player on merit there and then not some mystic meg or russell grant coblers.

you live in the real world <doh> :dizzy:

your close to making me have to delve into the archives :john:

infact what the hell, lets all have a chuckle at Wild

TBC

I'll be back <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:He'd done acres more than his generation's peers were doing though, that was the main point, so this breakthrough could never be something that people were surprised about. The potential Ding vs Trump rivalry really excites me, even though Ding hasn't been having the best of it in recent months, I think he'll be fine, he'll fulfill his extraordinary talent.

mate like it or lump it he had won events that Bingham been winning for the last 10 years at that time.

he won events played in front of a refs nothing else his first real tournament win was The PHC PTC last season.

So Bingham had won the wildcard round and played in the Masters, won the CL, played in the PL and made the semis, made a ranking semi as a teenager beating the World Champ, reached the edge of the top 16 and won a PTC all by the age of 21 had he ? <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

So Bingham had won the wildcard round and played in the Masters, won the CL, played in the PL and made the semis, made a ranking semi as a teenager beating the World Champ, reached the edge of the top 16 and won a PTC all by the age of 21 had he ? <laugh>

if thoes events was open to him yes but they wasent so he had to do with traveling the globe playing pro ams and winning a lot of them...

anyway point is judd could have carried on playing thoes events and winning them and you still in 10 years saying ohh hes only 31 plenty of time......sod that lets just wait and see before over selling someone to be better than they had proved themselves whitch now thankfully he has.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

if thoes events was open to him yes but they wasent so he had to do with traveling the globe playing pro ams and winning a lot of them...

anyway point is judd could have carried on playing thoes events and winning them and you still in 10 years saying ohh hes only 31 plenty of time......sod that lets just wait and see before over selling someone to be better than they had proved themselves whitch now thankfully he has.

No wild, you were painting him as an over the hill hasbeen at 21. In hindsight that was the most ridiculous thing you've ever said, which by your standards is going some. Told you time and again that players will always peak at their own rate, there's no set time limit for someone. The fact he's already doing this well at such a young age is scary, there's no reason now why he won't join the all-timers list, and there'll still be you shouting tamely in the background "oh he didn't make a Shanghai Masters quarter-final by the time he was 19, so he sucks!" <doh> :no: :dizzy:

Postby Wildey

anyway this is old news now whitch still has no relavance today as it did months even a year ago..

judd is world class now no question.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:BOURNE AND WITZ 1-0 WILD

Lost count of the number of times that line has been said over the last year or two, must be close to three figures by now :D