Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump; I can dominate snooker

Postby Bourne

True story, I was sat readin' this on the train this morning and just as I turned the page to this story, a woman standing in the aisle near me fainted. Duno if it was the stuffyness on the train or the sheer audacity and confidence of Judd that overwhelmed her :D

Postby PLtheRef

Witz78 wrote:er we all saw this yesterday, think i put a link to it somewhere

tomorrows exclusive from SnookerFan

SIR JIMMY SAVILLE DEAD AT 84

What?

Postby SnookerFan

Sorry, I didn't see it. rofl I'm surprised Sonny didn't get snake hissed at me, for bringing the Island into disrepute on twitter.

Postby Roland

PLtheRef wrote:

What?

SF has a habit of getting hold of a story and starting a new topic several days after we've all been talking about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:

What?

SF has a habit of getting hold of a story and starting a new topic several days after we've all been talking about it.

You call them old stories, I call them classics. :spot on:

Postby Wildey

my first reaction to this is he hasent got the game to dominate and then i think that is how Stephen Hendry used to play even more atacking because Stephen did not have the cue power of Judd he never screwed balls back to balk with flair like Judd it was stun for black or blue off long pots never thought of missing....

i still think Judd needs to learn to play certain shots softer instead of the Hit The paint off the ball method but more he is punished off thoes type of missed pots he will learn.

if he dominates or not hes the best thing to happen to snooker under the Barry Hearn revelution.

Postby cupotea

I think you need to have a bit of cockiness, but he does buy into his own hype.
I reckon he can dominate snooker but he has to learn a bit of control first :-)

Postby Bourne

Does he though, he's hardly struggling to win matches with his current style ... :shrug: And he is naturally only going to get better so there is an air of possibility he might 'dominate' this decade but i'll be amazed if we see anything like a Davis 80s or Hendry 90s style domination.

Postby Bourne

cupotea wrote:what do I know :-) haha. I just always think it's a bit fancypants, but then again like you say he's not exactly struggling.

I love flair :D

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Does he though, he's hardly struggling to win matches with his current style ... :shrug: And he is naturally only going to get better so there is an air of possibility he might 'dominate' this decade but i'll be amazed if we see anything like a Davis 80s or Hendry 90s style domination.

I won't, actually. I honestly believe he can do it.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Does he though, he's hardly struggling to win matches with his current style ... :shrug: And he is naturally only going to get better so there is an air of possibility he might 'dominate' this decade but i'll be amazed if we see anything like a Davis 80s or Hendry 90s style domination.

How many would he need for the 2010s to be considered 'his' era, 5+ ?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How many would he need for the 2010s to be considered 'his' era, 5+ ?

I'd go with that, due to the standard being a bit higher these days. You could say that less than five in a decade isn't really dominating.

Who is to say he won't do it?

Postby Wildey

i do think people have conveniantly forgot how lucky he got vs Dale had he not had thoes flukes in frame 8 it would have been 5-2 Dale then history of last week could have been different.

its a fine line hes treding at the moment hes falling right side of the line and great stuff but to dominate you really got to learn from matches like that dale match and i think he did during the UK lets hope that continues.

Postby Bourne

That's the same with anyone though, how many times do players win tournaments without a scare or two along the way ? Good thing about Trump is that his level actually got better in the semis/final, that's a big plus, it's what Robbo always tends to do too hence his great record in finals. The early rounds are all about scraping through any way you can, not about looking like a world-beater (see numerous Selby early wins) ...

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:That's the same with anyone though, how many times do players win tournaments without a scare or two along the way ? Good thing about Trump is that his level actually got better in the semis/final, that's a big plus, it's what Robbo always tends to do too hence his great record in finals. The early rounds are all about scraping through any way you can, not about looking like a world-beater (see numerous Selby early wins) ...

fair point but he got very petulant with some of the shots in frame 8 as if he almost gave up and just took a swipe at anything thoes flukes totally changed that match more than any match ive seen all of a sudden he got focus and he was a different player.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

i do think people have conveniantly forgot how lucky he got vs Dale had he not had thoes flukes in frame 8 it would have been 5-2 Dale then history of last week could have been different.

its a fine line hes treding at the moment hes falling right side of the line and great stuff but to dominate you really got to learn from matches like that dale match and i think he did during the UK lets hope that continues.

I forgot nothing. I think there was a frame in there he was perhaps the luckiest to win that I've ever seen a player.

But the point is, I think there were several matches in the China Open were he played like rubbish and still won. And not only won, people were struggling against him. His B game is winning tournaments. That's a sign of quality. :spot on:

Postby Bourne

I didn't see the Dale match so don't feel best qualified to comment but saw one or two of the flukes, I think the main thing about flukes and their impact on a match is the timing of them, and if these came at 2-4 or whatever it was, then that's a big slice of luck no doubt about it.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I didn't see the Dale match so don't feel best qualified to comment but saw one or two of the flukes, I think the main thing about flukes and their impact on a match is the timing of them, and if these came at 2-4 or whatever it was, then that's a big slice of luck no doubt about it.

what i will say he learned from it and did not see that side again during the tournament yes he hits them hard but hes so acurate with his pots who can really say thats wrong at the moment he will pot more than he miss thats for sure

Postby Eirebilly

Way too early to say whether or not he will dominate his era but he is the only one that looks a real possibility of doing so.

He is very reckless at times but as he showed in the UK, he can be very good in the snooker department. I would not be suprised one iota if he does dominate.

Postby SnookerFan

Eirebilly wrote:I just cant see Ding dominating the sport as much as i can see Trump dominating. Time will tell though

Me neither, but he'll throw in some more tournament wins here or there.

Do you reckon Ding will be world champion? That's probably a new thread in itself.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:I just cant see Ding dominating the sport as much as i can see Trump dominating. Time will tell though

Me neither, but he'll throw in some more tournament wins here or there.

Do you reckon Ding will be world champion? That's probably a new thread in itself.

It'll be a scandal if he doesn't. I always said he needed that experience of the one-table set-up in the semis before he could be best suited to go all the way and win it, he's had that now.