Post a reply

The 'New World Snoker Order'

Postby Rocket_ron

Last night ushered in the 'new world order of snooker'

Some may be wondering why last night was the starting point...Well last years Majors were still being contended with the 'old order' Higgins and Williams. Yes ok Ding won the masters and Judd won the china but consistency is the key to being the ruler(s) of the 'new order'

Judd Trump has backed this up by in a calendar year (Jan 11 - Dec11) He has won China RU Worlds and now winner of UK. and PTC wins. But winning the UK last night for me and other snooker fans was the crowning point he has become a king. Also snooker itself has been reborn 0r reinvented

So last night started the 'New Order' and now the likes of Trump, Allen, Ding and the rest of the young guns start to rule.

Re: The 'New World Snoker Order'

Postby SnookerFan

I think, more than anything, we can finally say Judd has arrived. You might think that is an obvious statement and that he had already arrived at the end of the last season. But I think adding the UK to his tournament win really put out a statement of intent. Mark Allen was coming back at him, Judd didn't fold. He got across the line in style, to take his second ranking tournament and the one that came with the most pressure/prestige.

I think Judd isn't a youngster with potential now, he's the favourite for every tournament he enters. And I wouldn't be surprised if he went on to become a second Stephen Hendry in what he wins. I see no reason why Judd won't be the 2012 World Champion, and if somebody had said that to me this time last year I'd have spent until the China Open laughing about it.

Mark Allen, the way he played, I hope he can turn in a ranking event winning performance. I think he (like most people) will find Judd very hard to beat. And I think John Higgins will recover from his slump in form at some point, and Ronnie and Williams might still have a say.

It might not quite be over for the old generation, or the start of the new. I think it's very much the start of a period of dominance from Judd though.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I think SnookerFan is pretty much spot on. I don't think that a new "World Snooker Order" was started because Ding has already 3 majors and the likes of Murphy, Robbo and Selby aren't part of the old nor the young generation.

2011 marks the emerge of Judd Trump who can achieve as much as Williams and maybe even Ronnie and Higgins. But always remember these 3 are standout players whose records won't get beaten easily.

Postby Roland

Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins are special and they'll be about for a few years yet. Judd does seem to be leading the pack though in the next generation. You don't know what's going to happen though, apparently Judd said he'd rather play in the UK than China but he and his generation are going to have to get used to racking up a lot of air miles in a season with most events taking place in the far east. That could well favour the likes of Ding, Yan, Goudong, Chuang and the rest

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins are special and they'll be about for a few years yet. Judd does seem to be leading the pack though in the next generation. You don't know what's going to happen though, apparently Judd said he'd rather play in the UK than China but he and his generation are going to have to get used to racking up a lot of air miles in a season with most events taking place in the far east. That could well favour the likes of Ding, Yan, Goudong, Chuang and the rest

It didn't seem to do him any harm when he was playing in China.

Or the Shanghai Masters as the BBC kept calling it. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

New World Order has Always been the In Word when a Young Players wins Majors.

Steve Davis has always said the story after the 1989 or 1990 UK Final He Had Lost to Stephen Hendry in the Final and in thoes Days they were interviewed in the Studio Because Believe it or not Final Sessions was Not Live in thoes Days on The BBC. anyway David Vine Interviewed Steve Davis then Turned To Stephen Hendry with The Words "Its The Begining of a New Era" and Steve Davis felt like Punching him lol

as it turned out it was the End of Davis Dominance.

but since then we Had it with Ronnie,Higgins,Hunter,Stevens,Murphy,Robbo,Ding now Trump then in a few Years Luca Brecel Hopefully.

it is exciting times to be a snooker Fan so many different Generations Still Competing from Steve Davis at 54 to Judd Trump at 22.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Williams, O'Sullivan and Higgins are special and they'll be about for a few years yet. Judd does seem to be leading the pack though in the next generation. You don't know what's going to happen though, apparently Judd said he'd rather play in the UK than China but he and his generation are going to have to get used to racking up a lot of air miles in a season with most events taking place in the far east. That could well favour the likes of Ding, Yan, Goudong, Chuang and the rest

Yes i think Players has to get away from this "BBC EVENTS ARE MAJORS" and treat each events on Merit.

China Open is the 4th Major Now and they should look to a Different Format for that one.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:BUMP

so who gets your vote then SF?

From the above list? Probably the Hart Foundation or D-X. I was never a WCW man, so don't really care about The Four Horsemen.

The Nation was good when they feuded with Ahmed Johnson, and later when they had The Rock in, but they also had long periods of time when they were a waste of space. The Truth Commission, Los Boricuas and DOA were always a waste of space. The latter two only being there so Savio Vega and Crush could have a revenge storyline over the Nation.

I think The Right To Censor beats them all. (Just kidding. <laugh> )