Post a reply

Do you believe Ronnie will still be in the top-16 come the end of the season?

Poll ended at 09 Jan 2012

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes : 22

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby SnookerFan

Do you believe Ronnie will still be in the top-16 come the end of the season?

The Island must decide.

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Witz78

Hes not entered PTC11 and 12 so he might not even be in the top 16 come the next cut off, let alone the end of the season.

Regardless i just cant see Ronnie being hassled with the Spring period of lots of tournaments abroad in quick succession, Germany, India, PTC Finals, World Open and China.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Hes not entered PTC11 and 12 so he might not even be in the top 16 come the next cut off, let alone the end of the season.

Regardless i just cant see Ronnie being hassled with the Spring period of lots of tournaments abroad in quick succession, Germany, India, PTC Finals, World Open and China.

Yes, it's this sort of thinking that lead me to ask the question.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:Hes not entered PTC11 and 12 so he might not even be in the top 16 come the next cut off, let alone the end of the season.

India won't happen this season.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:

you hope <laugh>

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:

you hope <laugh>

No it won't. That's confirmed.
And the World Open has been renamed Hainan Classic and will be a regular "best of 9" type of tournament.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Monique wrote:

you hope <laugh>

No it won't. That's confirmed.
And the World Open has been renamed Hainan Classic and will be a regular "best of 9" type of tournament.

yeh i thought that re: the WO / HC

dissapointing to be honest, fair enough increasing the format as itd a long way to go for a best of 5 but the World Open format was awesome i thought and was great at the venue seeing every single match and all players.

Postby Black2white

Monique wrote:India won't happen this season.

a bit off-topic I know
Monique, are there any news or rumours behind the scenes as to where the PTC finals will be held this season?

Postby Witz78

Black2white wrote:

a bit off-topic I know
Monique, are there any news or rumours behind the scenes as to where the PTC finals will be held this season?

China <ok>

Postby Casey

With PTC 11 + 12 Lee will overtake him and push him to 16th - just not sure Davis will get enough points to push him out.

Postby Black2white

Witz78 wrote:
Black2white wrote:

a bit off-topic I know

China <ok>

it looks like
:hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I don't care that much about rankings anymore, but I can't see him dropping out after the sesaon.

Qualifying isn't that bad, a good draw is vital one way or another.

Postby Wildey

Cant see it TBH Walden has to virtually win 2 PTC and Mark Davis at least a Quarter in Both.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Cant see it TBH Walden has to virtually win 2 PTC and Mark Davis at least a Quarter in Both.

only one of them has to overtake him

Lee is within range so he will push Ronnie down to 16th so either of Walden or Davis passing Ronnie will consign him to the qualifiers

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Cant see it TBH Walden has to virtually win 2 PTC and Mark Davis at least a Quarter in Both.

Lee is within range so he will push Ronnie down to 16th so either of Walden or Davis passing Ronnie will consign him to the qualifiers

Ain't he 15th, meaning 2 have to overtake him to go out ?

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Ain't he 15th, meaning 2 have to overtake him to go out ?

yeh 2 do, but not 2 of Walden and Davis the way Wilds making out.

Lee is just behind Ronnie so he will def overtake him into 15th

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie surely doesn't want to be seeded 15th or 16th for the WC. It might be even better droping out than having to play Higgins or Selby in the second round.

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie surely doesn't want to be seeded 15th or 16th for the WC. It might be even better droping out than having to play Higgins or Selby in the second round.

dont think Ronnie cares where hes seeded so long as hes still in the elite.

he knows he cant beat these guys anymore and unfortunately i feel the end of his career is nigh, theres no sign of him being able to compete against the big boys in the rankers anymore and i think hes a couple more defeats from carrying out his promise.

Postby The Cueist

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie surely doesn't want to be seeded 15th or 16th for the WC. It might be even better droping out than having to play Higgins or Selby in the second round.

he knows he cant beat these guys anymore and unfortunately i feel the end of his career is nigh, theres no sign of him being able to compete against the big boys in the rankers anymore and i think hes a couple more defeats from carrying out his promise.

:sad: No way Jose'.He will be back wth a vengeance. ;-)

He narrowly lost to Trump,Enough said. :gag:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:

:huh: Ronnie came closer than anyone else to beat the likely Champion Judd Trump. Why shouldn't he be able to compete anymore?

Also you just said a couple of week ago that the old Ronnie is back and now this? :huh:

Postby Bourne

I see witz's point, being able to compete is one thing but being able to beat the best players is another. He was 5-4 up in that match against Judd, couldn't close it. Dropping outa the top 16 is either gona be the kick up the backside he needs or it's gona suck the fight out of him and to be honest I think he's closer now than ever before to thinking what's the point anymore, he's won everything there is to win and if he ain't enjoying it then there's only really one option.

Postby The Cueist

Thankyou mate,It confirms my opinion.

ROS got the hump after losing,Could you blame him?

He certainly is not finished for a while yet. ;-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:I see witz's point, being able to compete is one thing but being able to beat the best players is another. He was 5-4 up in that match against Judd, couldn't close it.

He isn't the only one having problems beating Trump but he got closer than some other world champions :john:

Postby Wildey

theres another cut off before seeding for the World German Masters and Welsh Open Points to be added i think even if he drops out he will be back before the World Seedings.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

theres another cut off before seeding for the World German Masters and Welsh Open Points to be added i think even if he drops out he will be back before the World Seedings.

yeh the cut offs as follows

PTC11
PTC12

CUT OFF

German Masters (qualifying already taken place so Ronnie be at that venue whatever happens at the PTC12 cut off - shows what a nonsense the current system is with the qualifying so far before events )
Welsh Open

CUT OFF

World Open
PTC Finals
China Open
World Championship

END OF SEASON CUT OFF

why the hell the WC cut off aint until after the China Open i dont know, would add some major spice to the pre-WC part of the season instead of people already safe in top 16 not giving 2 hoots and concentrating on Sheffield instead <doh>

Postby Wildey

janie on twitter a while ago when i said that was a nonsese said with overseas events players needs time to arange to travel ?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:janie on twitter a while ago when i said that was a nonsese said with overseas events players needs time to arange to travel ?

bullocks

like they need qualifiers 4 months in advance of Germany <doh>

take the WC qualifiers played the week before the WC, ok so it aint abroad but im sure the 16 qualifiers will manage fine to sort out a hotel in Sheffield for the following week