Topic locked

Williamhill.com U K Championship Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 3rd~Sunday 11th of November at The Barbican Centre,York

The UK Final and its the Next Generation Contesting This one 22 Year Old Judd Trump vs 25 Year Old Mark Allen playing in his First Final.

Who Will Join the Likes of Steve Davis,Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan with their Name as UK Champion ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image

Sunday 11th of December

2.15pm and 8pm

Judd Trump v Mark Allen

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Casey

All the pressure will be on Judd, neither of them have played their best this week. Its important Mark gets off to a good start, should he and I think he can take it.

Really hope Uncle Barry has to hand him over the trophy. :happy:

Barry :emb:

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:All the pressure will be on Judd, neither of them have played their best this week. Its important Mark gets off to a good start, should he and I think he can take it.

Allen's playing the big boys now, not a journeyman. Nobody beats Judd Trump outside of PTCs 14 times in a row :no:

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:All the pressure will be on Judd, neither of them have played their best this week. Its important Mark gets off to a good start, should he and I think he can take it.

Barrys gonna be at Mosconi climax in Vegas

Las Vegas or York, cant blame him really :chuckle:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:

Allen's playing the big boys now, not a journeyman. Nobody beats Judd Trump outside of PTCs 14 times in a row :no:

Haha true.

It's great for the game though, two young and exciting players in the final!!

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Haha true.

Don't think I coulda wished for a better final considering Judd's exciting game + Allen's bad boy persona this week :D

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Haha true.

Don't think I coulda wished for a better final considering Judd's exciting game + Allen's bad boy persona this week :D

They are going to hammer the pockets - smoking!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:

rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't the start time get put on until 2:15pm?

yeh Davis is doing a piece on the success of the best of 11s before the final starts <ok>

I wouldn't be surprised at all, the guy has his head so far up Hearn's bottom.

Postby vodkadiet

BBc's blushes are spared in that there are 2 quick players in the final. These 8.10PM starts with possibly 11 frames are plain barmy. In Mainland Europe it is 9.10pm before a ball is struck. If the final was Robertson vs Selby and it went 10-9 you could be looking at least a 3am finish in Europe.

Why the f*ck doesn't Hearn bring it forward 2 hours? He seems to be able to alter everything else?
Last edited by vodkadiet on 11 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:BBc's blushes are spared in that there are 2 quick players in the final. These 8.10PM starts with possibly 11 frames are plain barmy. In Mainland Europe it is 9.10PM.

Why the f*ck doesn't Hearn bring it forward 2 hours? He seems to be able to alter everything else?

Let's face it: for all the pandering to BBC schedules, the Beeb haven't exactly covered themselves in glory with their snooker coverage. The final should be scheduled for a 13.00 start with the second session breaking off at 19.00.

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:BBc's blushes are spared in that there are 2 quick players in the final. These 8.10PM starts with possibly 11 frames are plain barmy. In Mainland Europe it is 9.10PM.

Let's face it: for all the pandering to BBC schedules, the Beeb haven't exactly covered themselves in glory with their snooker coverage. The final should be scheduled for a 13.00 start with the second session breaking off at 19.00.

Why not 6pm in Britain and Ireland, and 7pm in Europe? It doesn't affect me as I don't sleep much and work flexi hours, but a lot of people need their 8 hours and start jobs early. It is ridiculous scheduling.

Postby hendry_fan

Judd Trump v Mark Allen

"Allen is 12-1 up on Trump in the head to head",well what a time it would be for Trump to stop the rot!.

i,d like Trump to win this one!.

Come onnnnn Trump!,lets see if he has a few full houses,flushes,straight flushes,four of a kinds up his sleeve today!. :-)

Postby randam05

hendry_fan wrote:Judd Trump v Mark Allen

"Allen is 12-1 up on Trump in the head to head",well what a time it would be for Trump to stop the rot!.

i,d like Trump to win this one!.

Come onnnnn Trump!,lets see if he has a few full houses,flushes,straight flushes,four of a kinds up his sleeve today!. :-)

Is Allen really 12-1 up on Trump?

Cause he said this in an interview? “I’m really looking forward to tomorrow now. It should be a great match with Judd [Trump]. We’ve played each other a few times down the years. I’ve not got a bad record against him in the past.”