Topic locked

Who will reach their first UK Championship final ?

Poll ended at 09 Dec 2011

Judd Trump
64%
Neil Robertson
36%

Total votes : 14

UK Championship 2011: SF - Trump vs Robertson

Postby Bourne

We haven't had to wait long to ge the eagerly-anticipated re-match of their epic R1 encounter in Sheffield, in fact who on earth can forget this thread which accompanied it, when more peeps voted for Robbo to win !!! :D

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=2133

Who will win on this occasion though ? :hatoff:

Re: UK Championship 2011: SF - Trump vs Robertson

Postby Wildey

ummmmm pass lol

the way Trump played today was outstanding But Robertson has the Experiance and Know How to withstand that Better than any other Player Bar Higgins in the Game Today.

Postby Bourne

No doubt Jono's best chance is by breaking up the flow of the match and playing to his strengths, I can't see him beating Judd in a 'shootout' given how Judd was playing today. A quick start is vital for Jono, if he gets 2/3 in front then he could completely shut up shop and make it hard for Judd, would like to see what Judd is like having to fight his way back from adversity, if we go back to China and Sheffield in the Spring, all the matches he won bar one (against Jono funnily enough) he won from getting off in front, was only 1 behind against Jono 8-7 then won the last 3 frames of course.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know who wins this but thank God it's over the best of 17! :bowdown:

I'll second that. Though to be honest, I've enjoyed the best of 11s more than I thought I would.

Don't be surprised - best of 11 is a proven format.

as a match Best of 11 Worked but theres stil something missing from a one session match i prefere session snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know who wins this but thank God it's over the best of 17! :bowdown:

I'll second that. Though to be honest, I've enjoyed the best of 11s more than I thought I would.

Don't be surprised - best of 11 is a proven format.

as a match Best of 11 Worked but theres stil something missing from a one session match i prefere session snooker.

:hatoff: especially in the UK, this now feels like the Masters

Postby Bourne

This basically the Masters with a longer weekend schedule and matches that actually matter some, UK does really sausage over the Masters these days <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:This basically the Masters with a longer weekend schedule and matches that actually matter some, UK does really giraffe over the Masters these days <ok>

:fart: <doh> :no:

The Masters is a superb tournament, the third most important event on the tour. Don't bring it in disrepute or Hearn will come and get you!

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:Trump will dish out a terrible beating to the over-rated Aussie.

like ding was going to do

<doh> :gag: :wave:

Postby PLtheRef

Trump to win - Has experience of beating Neil and it was in a similar discipline, best of 17 frames I would expect Judd to get 5-3 up and pull away to win 9-5 or 9-6. That said Neil's dropped just six frames on route.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Well he has beaten a two-time world finalist in his first ever world final, that's no mean feat no matter which way you look at it.

And has also beat Ding and Ronnie in ranking event finals.

Postby vodkadiet

As much as I want Allen to win, I can't help but feel that we need a Robbo vs Allen final as Allen virtually always hammers Trump, and it would make for a one sided final if Trump and Allen meet, so here's hoping for a Robbo win against the rag doll.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Well he has beaten a two-time world finalist in his first ever world final, that's no mean feat no matter which way you look at it.

And has also beat Ding and Ronnie in ranking event finals.

Yeh bit of a myth this thing about Robbo never doing it against the best, sure his run to the World final was kind, but he's been extremely consistent over the last few years, more than pretty much anyone. He can bring it for the big matches.

Postby Eirebilly

I have tipped Robbo to win this, purely because its a BO17, I think that Robbo is slightly more experienced at the longer format. Its a shame that these two had to meet in the semis as i feel that they are the best two players in the world right now.