Topic locked

Williamhill.com U K Championship Quarter Final Discussion!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 3rd~Sunday 11th of November at The Barbican Centre,York

Last 16 saw Big Name Casulties John Higgins Defending Champion,Mark Williams Last years Runner up,World Number 1 Mark Selby and Ronnie O'Sullivan But theres still Great Players left Neil Robertson,Ding Junhui and The Exciting Judd Trump.

Who will Progress to play a Best of 17 Frame Semi Finals ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image

Thursday 8th of December

12.30pm

Stephen Maguire v Judd Trump
Ding Junhui v Neil Robertson

7pm

Ricky Walden v Shaun Murphy
Mark Allen v Marco Fu

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Quarter Final Discussio

Postby GJ

best match by far

robbo v ding

COME ON ROBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Last edited by GJ on 07 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:What a great win for Fu. Im really pleased for him. Always been a great fan of his. :-) What an adorable cute wife he has too! Really pleased for the pair.

Has he always been your favourite player :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:Does Barry Hearn realise that Mark Allen is exactly the kind of character this game needs? The sport is crying out for characters, we've got one right here with Allen.

characters one way of putting it :john:

Hes no Hurricane or Quinten <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Does Barry Hearn realise that Mark Allen is exactly the kind of character this game needs? The sport is crying out for characters, we've got one right here with Allen.

Meh, there was another bloke from Northern Ireland consistently complaining about the snooker authorities during the 70's and 80's... he didn't har the game too much did he?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

This tournament is now wide open. Many of the favourites have gone out now and there are some surprises especially in the lower side of the draw. I would love to see Ricky Walden continue to play well and make a run to the final. I think that 147 really helped him and gave him much needed confidence.
The upper side of the draw is still packed, it's very hard to predict who's gonna make it to the final. I would prefer Trump. Whoever makes it to the final from this half will be the favourite in the final.

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Meh, there was another bloke from Northern Ireland consistently complaining about the snooker authorities during the 70's and 80's... he didn't har the game too much did he?

once he says Hearn can stick his snooker up his jacksie then ill reconsider my opinion

and talking of which, time to dust this old favourite out of the archives.............. :bowdown:

Postby The Cueist

Well what a cracker this uk is this year,Ronnie out, Very unlucky with unwanted kick in decider but missed too many opportunities earlier in match and the balls bit him .Judd potted like an Uzi on steroids. :ahh:

Selby out to Fu,You couldnt predict that. :ahh:

Gould very unlucky in his match with the r ighteous man.Great fighter is our gouldie. :hatoff:

Maguire or Allen for the title me thinks.

I am loving new format and i feel barry has got it right,Every match i have watched has been top quality snooker. :spot on:

This i feel is in no small part due to Barry Hearn and the PTC'S keeping all players match sharp and the rolling rankings which incidentally i banged on about for time on another snooker forum as Potquick the great.

The rankings are spot on and most importantly current where the form of players is concerned,And this UK is proof of that.

I'm loving it,Happy day's. :ahh:

Postby vodkadiet

I will support Allen. It would be funny seeing Hearn having to shake Allen's hand on Sunday night saying "Well played, but I will still see you in court", with Allen replying "buck you old man, you can stick yer trophy up your ass".

Come on Allen!!!

Postby The Cueist

Well i think that wouldnt happen,Mark Allen would be overjoyed to win the UK. ;-)

I don't care what his view's on Barry Hearn are,He obviously has strong feeling's about all the recent changes in the sport.I t is up to him what he think's.

But,He is a really decent fella,I know because i met him in a bar across the road from the crucible during the 2010 world's playing pool next to myself and another regular poster on this forum.

We played pool next to him and we got chatting about the poor state of the pool cue's we had to use. :-)

Smart who was with me asked him if he wouldnt mind having a photo took with us,He duly obliged and we wished him well in his campaign.And then he carried on playing pool with his friend's.

He really is a top bloke,No big ego,Just a regular guy ,I felt privilaged to have met him.

Come on Mark!!!! :D :D

Postby kostasmad

Trump or Ding from the upper side of the draw will progress i think.

Murphy/Fu from the bottom draw.

I always liked Fu. Still remember that amazing clearence (with the red on the cushion) that gave him the Grand prix tournament against Ronnie. You would feel he should have earned much more cause he is one of the few players that is REALLY not afraid of anyone. His record against the best of players proves it...

Postby Eirebilly

Witz78 wrote:
Slander

Defarmation of Character

the list is endless to be honest

Slander, Defarmation of Character? Really

Can you also provide me some examples of the endless list as well because as far as i can see niether of what you have wriiten will stand up in a court of law considering Hearn has also acted childishly?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How the hell anybody is tipping Maguire to win, I'll never know. :sad:

You jinxing little bar stool :irk:

Don't you think Judd will beat Mags?

Fair play to Maguire, I never expected him to beat Higgins, but I'm still not sure he's a contender to win this tournament.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How the hell anybody is tipping Maguire to win, I'll never know. :sad:

You jinxing little bar stool :irk:

Don't you think Judd will beat Mags?

Fair play to Maguire, I never expected him to beat Higgins, but I'm still not sure he's a contender to win this tournament.

I fancy Judd strongly for this one actually :D