Topic locked

Williamhill.com U K Championship Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 3rd~Sunday 11th of November at The Barbican Centre,York

Last 16 Begins and Seeds have Dominated the Last 32 giving us some mouth watering clashes.

Can Ronnie O'Sullivan Push on and at Last Capture a Major Championship or Will Defending Champion John Higgins All Round Game Prove to strong For Him ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image

Tuesday 6th of December

12.30pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump
Ding Junhui v Matthew Stevens

7pm

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire
Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson

Wednesday 7th of December

12.30pm

Mark Williams v Ricky Walden
Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy

7pm

Marco Fu v Mark Selby
Ali Carter v Mark Allen

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Williams v Ricky Walden and Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy both on at the same time. Wow! Which match do I watch?

Put two tellies next to each other, put one match on one tv, one match on the other then put a thin wall between your eyes along your nose line and watch both :-) :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

yeh all the MUPPETS moaning about the best of 11s

take the round 2 line up

wed prob only see the following games.........

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump
Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui v Matthew Stevens

and wed totally miss out on these

Marco Fu v Mark Selby
Mark Williams v Ricky Walden
Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy
Ali Carter v Mark Allen

Postby Andre147

:-D :-D Truly great and some cracking matches for this Last 16 line up, because all the seeds, with the exception of Bingham and Lee, came through... Possibly, the best Last 16 line up ever in the Uk Champs :-) :-D if not the best, it is certainly up there with the best of them :-D

I don´t agree with these best of 11s, but, if there´s one thing I love, is being able to see all the matches, because, otherwise, some great matches would be put on a stupid cubicle, with pratically no one watching, certainly not on TV anyway... >-(

We shall have some great snooker for the upcoming days certainly :-D

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:yeh all the MUPPETS moaning about the best of 11s

take the round 2 line up

wed prob only see the following games.........

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire - battle of the match-fixers
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump - battle of the bangers. Should be a cracker
Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson - the two worst ever world champs square up. Could be good.
Ding Junhui v Matthew Stevens - Ding should crush the Welsh choker.

and wed totally miss out on these

Marco Fu v Mark Selby - borefest in prospect. Hopefully, Selby will lose.
Mark Williams v Ricky Walden - Has the potential to be marmite. Walden will hopefully prevail.
Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy - Crucible bottler against Godbotherer. One to miss.
Ali Carter v Mark Allen - Two chokers square up. Probably a comedy of errors.

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:It's the best last-sixteen lineup I can remember seeing... but I'd like to put it out there that the best-of-11 format is irrelevant in producing such a good line-up.

Perhaps but what's relevant is that we get to see all the matches on the TV tables which wouldn't have happened last year :D For all you BO17 apologists, just imagine that each match starts at 3-3 tomorrow, you'll feel great about your day after that :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:It's the best last-sixteen lineup I can remember seeing... but I'd like to put it out there that the best-of-11 format is irrelevant in producing such a good line-up.

Perhaps but what's relevant is that we get to see all the matches on the TV tables which wouldn't have happened last year :D For all you BO17 apologists, just imagine that each match starts at 3-3 tomorrow, you'll feel great about your day after that :hatoff:

It is fantastic that all those games are televised, for sure :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

My match preview for Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump:

I'm worried that Judd might hit top form because if he does, he is incredibly hard to beat even if the opponent plays flawless. The Trump of today won't have a chance but I'm certain he'll raise his game. For the first ever I think we aren't wondering which Ronnie will turn up but which Judd will turn up. For me as a Ronnie fan this match is of colossal importance. Good luck Ronnie!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:My match preview for Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump:

I'm worried that Judd might hit top form because if he does, he is incredibly hard to beat even if the opponent plays flawless. The Trump of today won't have a chance but I'm certain he'll raise his game. For the first ever I think we aren't wondering which Ronnie will turn up but which Judd will turn up. For me as a Ronnie fan this match is of colossal importance. Good luck Ronnie!

For sure, this match is, as you rightly say, of colossal importance for Ronnie, because, not only can he climb a few more places in the rankings, but also it will give him massive confidence and I think if he wins this one he´ll win the tourney..

But then again, he could face Honest John in the quarters, which in recent times he has a dreadfull record against... and then could face Robbo or Selby in the semis, both are playing very well... One thing is certain, if he is to win the tounament, he certainly wont have and easy draw, on the contrary, he wil have to beat the best players to do so, but, if anyone can, Ronnie surely can.

Good luck for him, all the best. :-)

Postby randam05

You got to take into consideration Judd knocks in atleast 2 flukes per frame that lead to a frame winning breaks, or a fluke saves him mid break. So Ronnies going to have to be careful.

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:

You got to take into consideration Judd knocks in atleast 2 flukes per frame that lead to a frame winning breaks, or a fluke saves him mid break. So Ronnies going to have to be careful.

Choker Dale <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

randam05 wrote:I still feel sick about Judd-Dale. Im tempted not to watch him fluke against ronnie. We will see.

Ronnie will win that match relatively comfortably. Judd playing with a new tip.

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:
randam05 wrote:

Choker Dale <ok>

I thought Ronnie would win before I saw the odds but he's shocking value, Trump on the handicap would be my bet.

Postby mishcka

SnookerFan wrote:Mark Williams v Ricky Walden and Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy both on at the same time. Wow! Which match do I watch?

Im streaming one on my laptop and watching the other on tv;
or in case the bbc breaks my heart as always streaming the two matches (luckily I have plenty of spare laptops at home!)

Postby PLtheRef

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
randam05 wrote:I still feel sick about Judd-Dale. Im tempted not to watch him fluke against ronnie. We will see.

Ronnie will win that match relatively comfortably. Judd playing with a new tip.

How do you know
1. that he's playing with a new tip
2. he will lose uncomfortably
?

World snooker tweeted it whilst I was in York.