Post a reply

ALLEN blasts HEARNY

Postby Smart

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/snooker/16039752.stm

Mark Allen has called on World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn to resign.

World number 12 Allen, from Northern Ireland, beat Adrian Gunnell 6-3 at the UK Championship in York to set up a second-round tie with Ali Carter.

But he later expressed his displeasure at Hearn's decision to reduce some early matches from 17 frames to 11.

"In the long run he'll probably do good for snooker, but not for my generation. It's time to let someone else have a go," said Allen.

He claimed Hearn, who was voted into his role by the players, had pledged not to make changes to major tournaments.

The 25-year-old is also worried that the World Championship could be the next tournament to be altered and he believes snooker is starting to replicate darts - one of Hearn's other sports.

Continue reading the main story
The whole tradition of the game is going to pot
Mark Allen
"When Barry came in, one of the first things he said was that the World Championship, UK and Masters wouldn't be touched. Only 18 months later, the UK format has changed," Allen said.

"I don't think he's pleasing too many players, but anyone who voted for him has only got themselves to blame. I wasn't one of them.

"I've got no doubt he'll tweak the World Championship. The whole tradition of the game is going to pot.

"It's not all about bringing people in to watch and have a good time, shouting and having a drink.

"He [Hearn] needs to get away from the darts factor. It's getting close to that."

Re: ALLEN blasts HEARNY

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Mark Allen, take a bow son :hatoff:

I agree with him on the best of 11 issue. Obviously Hearn has done good things for the game, which Allen doesn't seem to realise. But this shortening UK matches thing is a piss-take.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Mark Allen, take a bow son :hatoff:

I agree with him on the best of 11 issue. Obviously Hearn has done good things for the game, which Allen doesn't seem to realise. But this shortening UK matches thing is a piss-take.

I think he makes a valid point and Hearn did go back on his word, so in this instance I totally back Allen. :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

Lets go back to Rodney bleeding Walker then

Allens a total muppet and so are yous pair for agreeing with him.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Lets go back to Rodney bleeding Walker then

Allens a total muppet and so are yous pair for agreeing with him.

No, if I say I will clean your car on Tuesday then I will clean your car on Tuesday. That is me having integrity and keeping my word. Barry simply has not kept his word and the UK means a hell of a lot to snooker fans in amongst a tour full of quick format tournies.

One endurance tournament is not enough, FACT. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Allen, Higgins and co are just using the UK reduction as a justification for having a cheap swipe at Hearn which theyve been wanting to do since Day 1 cos they were in the anti-Hearn camp before the vote.

"In the long run he'll probably do good for snooker, but not for my generation. It's time to let someone else have a go," said Allen

Classic self interest from the players, thank god Hearns got full control so these me me me, sod the sport attitude cant go on. Hes basically worried that hes going to have to work hard and play a lot to help develop the sport in new countries but once the sport becomes massive, a new wave of players will have emerged and overtaken him.

Hes only 25 yet is talking like hes 40 and is past it and clinging onto the last days of his career and feels threatened. I take that as an admission that hes lazy and knows he isnt the real deal and is going to be an underachiever.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Allen, Higgins and co are just using the UK reduction as a justification for having a cheap swipe at Hearn which theyve been wanting to do since Day 1 cos they were in the anti-Hearn camp before the vote.

"In the long run he'll probably do good for snooker, but not for my generation. It's time to let someone else have a go," said Allen

Classic self interest from the players, thank god Hearns got full control so these me me me, sod the sport attitude cant go on. Hes basically worried that hes going to have to work hard and play a lot to help develop the sport in new countries but once the sport becomes massive, a new wave of players will have emerged and overtaken him.

Hes only 25 yet is talking like hes 40 and is past it and clinging onto the last days of his career and feels threatened. I take that as an admission that hes lazy and knows he isnt the real deal and is going to be an underachiever.

You are making assumptions. If he was to bring PTCs into question then your argument would have more weight but as he kept it to the UK format being changed then I think he is right and you are being unfair. <ok>

Postby Wildey

i think regarding the UK its more to do with the BBC being pin ends....

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:i think regarding the UK its more to do with the BBC being pin ends....

well I'd like to see some quotes. If BH said he would not touch the majors, then obviously he has gone back on his word and that is not acceptable. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:i think regarding the UK its more to do with the BBC being pin ends....

well I'd like to see some quotes. If BH said he would not touch the majors, then obviously he has gone back on his word and that is not acceptable. <ok>

well the BBC Do things behind closed doors daggers drawn then other people getting the stick.

obviously it could be Barry Hearn going to them wanting every match on TV Not in cubicles and the best the BBC Agreed to is this format.

but lets be honest fans wanted all matches on TV.....the message here is be carefull what you wish for it might come true but not how you want it.

Postby Witz78

whats your thoughts on the rest of what Allen is saying Wild?

everyone seems to be conveniently just focusing on the change of match length in the UK rather than the real meaty stuff Allens saying

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:whats your thoughts on the rest of what Allen is saying Wild?

everyone seems to be conveniently just focusing on the change of match length in the UK rather than the real meaty stuff Allens saying

Yeah, a lot of what Allen is saying is bullocks. Hearn has done a hell of a lot of good for this game. He seems to be using the one criticism he thinks people will agree with to air a grudge he's had for months. Trying to get on his side.

Though, I do agree with what he says about the length of the matches, Mark has made himself look like a mug. (Again.)

Postby SnookerFan

Fair play to the guy. He comes across as somebody who thinks about a fortnight after he speaks at times. (A bit like me. rofl ) It's not the first time he's opened his mouth and snake hissed people off.

Postby Muppet147

Why are there so many Hearn arse-lickers? All he has done is introduce a load of crappy PTC tournaments which pay buck all to the mugs who enter them. That and let off the parakeet John Higgins, who would have received a far greater punishment for his antics in any other sport.

In addition to inventing moron games like Power Snooker, he has ruined the UK Championships and will soon no doubt turn his attentions to wrecking the World Championship.

It's a little unfortunate that an eejit like Allen is one of his main detractors but good on him for speaking out.

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Why are there so many Hearn arse-lickers? All he has done is introduce a load of crappy PTC tournaments which pay buck all to the mugs who enter them. That and let off the parakeet John Higgins, who would have received a far greater punishment for his antics in any other sport.

In addition to inventing moron games like Power Snooker, he has ruined the UK Championships and will soon no doubt turn his attentions to wrecking the World Championship.

It's a little unfortunate that an eejit like Allen is one of his main detractors but good on him for speaking out.

He didn't invent Power Snooker, he just commissioned it. Also, he didn't let John Higgins off. There was an independent enquiry.

Also he has introduced ranking events in other countries, eg. Australian Open and German Masters. So the PTCs aren't the only things that are new under Hearn.

And don't forget the sponsorships problems we had pre-Hearn turning up with his business contacts.

Other than that, good post. :hyper:

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote: good post. :hyper:

Yes, it was. Hopefully, you will learn from it rather than making hundreds of important posts about what you are going to order from the take away shop. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: good post. :hyper:

Yes, it was. Hopefully, you making hundreds of important posts about what you are going to order from the take away shop. :-)

Glad you enjoy them.

:bird:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:whats your thoughts on the rest of what Allen is saying Wild?

rest of what he said not really seen it but from snipets on twitter someone said he said "hearn is ruining snooker" dont know if he did say that or not but if he did thats just bullocks.

you got to hand it to Mark for being honest but lets be frank Barry not changed anything bar the UK and he said BBC was behind that Barry is nothing if not honest himself so we got to believe that and he might not like what Mark said he will Respect honesty.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Why are there so many Hearn arse-lickers? All he has done is introduce a load of crappy PTC tournaments which pay buck all to the mugs who enter them. That and let off the parakeet John Higgins, who would have received a far greater punishment for his antics in any other sport.

ok before PTC Players got payed buck all for a bit of gardening or changing nappies.....

what the buck has what they get payed got to do with us the fans they wont get us any christmas preasents but if we WANT IT There is Snooker to watch and plenty of it nobody Forcing anyone to watch.

Postby Wildey

and here was one quote from a narrow minded brit.

ie Australian Open

"Snooker should not be played in the Summer"

IT WAS bucking WINTER IN AUSTRALIA FFS.

Postby Muppet147

' nobody Forcing anyone to watch.'

No one is watching them. You can view them online and if you do, you'll notice the distinct lack of applause.

That's because one man and his dog are watching.

Postby Sickpotter

No one's a Hearn arselicker but we're smart enough to realize the other option (7 events a year) spelled slow death for the sport.

We're also smart enough to realize that in order to be a cheater one has to actually parakeet. <doh>

Very old saying you should repeat to yourself each time you get worked up over John....

Lord grant me the patience to
Accept the things I can not change
Change the things I can not accept
And know the difference.... ;-)

Postby Tubberlad

Barry Hearn has been good news for snooker, but what has happened the UK Championship is hugely disappointing. I certainly feel he's going to reduce the World Championship at some stage aswell. Allen is being a bit silly with most of what he's saying, but he's bang on the money with the UK questions, and it's nice to see a player showing a bit of character.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:' nobody Forcing anyone to watch.'

No one is watching them. You can view them online and if you do, you'll notice the distinct lack of applause.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PTC

did you see in ANTWERP,FUIRTH AND POLAND thoes was part of that "crappy PTC" with about 2000 people in the arena watching.....

Postby Tubberlad

Muppet147 wrote:' nobody Forcing anyone to watch.'

You clearly haven't watched them then. The ones in mainland Europe are very well attended, a few thousand people watching. :hatoff: