Topic locked

The Smart Takeaway Schedule

Postby SnookerFan

Smart plans to be eating takeaways for a large portion of the week that the UK Championship is on. This is the thread for Smart to put up his takeaway rota, and for the rest of the Island to give analysis.

I've put it up a couple of weeks early, so we can all provide Smart with suggestions and examples of takeaway, and maybe stories of our own junk food consumption.

Let the fun begin. :mex:

Re: The Smart Takeaway Schedule

Postby Smart

3rd December (SAT)
Saturday is a traditional eat out or get take out day for this particular household. With snooker being on, and it being an event I am keen to fully embrace, this day will be a "just nipping to the Chinese, what you having....?" day.

For me on 3rd December 2011:

Roast pork chow mein
BBQ sauce
Chips

:hatoff:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:I never understood people who had chips with Chinese. That's two different meals for me... But each to their own.

Yeah, but in fairness I have chips with everything - so I am always having 2 meals (by your rules). rofl

Can I call the chips "starters" or perhaps "desert" :gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I never understood people who had chips with Chinese. That's two different meals for me... But each to their own.

Yeah, but in fairness I have chips with everything - so I am always having 2 meals (by your rules). rofl

I love chips, I really do.. It just doesn't work with Chinese for me. There's too many other dishes to enjoy. I might try to pop to the Chinese buffet restaurant in town or the Pizza Hut buffet. But with matches starting at 12:30pm, this doesn't give me a lot of time. :sad:

Postby Smart

Monday 5th December
I am gonna be working half days for Monday to Thursday this week. Gonna be a cool week really. Loads of snooker, beer, food, wine, food, snooker........etc etc I very rarely eat McDonalds. Couple of times a year at most. This is one of them times. :D

For me on Monday 5th December:

Big Mac Meal - no cheese
Chocolate milkshake

:win:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

I love chips, I really do.. It just doesn't work with Chinese for me. There's too many other dishes to enjoy. I might try to pop to the Chinese buffet restaurant in town or the Pizza Hut buffet. But with matches starting at 12:30pm, this doesn't give me a lot of time. :sad:

Can they deliver the Chinese buffet rofl :dinner: rofl :dinner:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:

Can they deliver the Chinese buffet rofl :dinner: rofl :dinner:

Maybe I'll ask. rofl

Postby Smart

Wednesday 7th Dec

Its off to the KFC drive thru I go.

Banquet for one (inc. popcorn chicken, chicken gravy, pepsi

There are occasions when I drink a lot of coke, and get totally buzzed on the sugar and caffeine. I think this will be that day. Pepsi by the the litres on this day. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:Wednesday 7th Dec

There are occasions when I drink a lot of coke, and get totally buzzed on the sugar and caffeine. I think this will be that day. Pepsi by the the litres on this day. :hatoff:

That's me every day. I drink the diet stuff though, so it's healthy.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Wednesday 7th Dec

That's me every day. I drink the diet stuff though, so it's healthy.

:clap:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Mr. Smart. Will you be getting any alcohol in for this tournament?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

yes, mixture of alcohol to be consumed during the week...................focusing mainly on beer and wine. I quite like them 4% Stella tins, and tend to buy the 3 for a tenner wine from ASDA. :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

king.kauto wrote:That 4% stella is a lovely beer, only had it once, but cant get it over here.

Never tried it myself.

I intend to get a tray of beer in from some local supermarket. Am already signing people up in my diary for when they an come and see me and watch a bit of snooker. Am hoping I can make it a very social event, but as long as I got some snacks and beer, and a pub next door, I am sure I can enjoy my week of snooker. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:Booze, ciggies, takeaway numbers, so on and so classy <ok> looking forward to this

Nice. I am thinking of watching some of the matches in the pub, but might have to find some pubs with Eurosport.

This weekend probably just going to crack into the box of beer I brought, and eat some shitty. :mex:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Smart,

In honour of it being the UK Championship, will you be going down the chip shop and ordering a Pukka Pie and Chips? :D

I am really peckish and would love some chip shop chips tonight.

In other news, I have stacked the garage out with Stella (the one in the Christmas wrapping box) and loadsa wine. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Smart,

In honour of it being the UK Championship, will you be going down the chip shop and ordering a Pukka Pie and Chips? :D

I am really peckish and would love some chip shop chips tonight.

In other news, I have stacked the garage out with Stella (the one in the Christmas wrapping box) and loadsa wine. :D

As previously discussed, I got a ten box of Fosters for £8 last week, which is being nicely cooled in the kithcen fridge as we speak. :win:

Not sure how much of the snooker is going to be watched with friends/in the pub/with friends in the pub, so I only got the one box of lagers. There might be an emergency beer run by Monday. (Maybe Sunday. :emb: )

:D

Postby Tubberlad

16 bottles of Miller for now, and five packs of fags... that's the shoppin' list for tonight.