Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 10 !!!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:Judd got him at the Crucible but I think Judd was in the same form in Ireland and Robbo held him off with smart play. Robbo knows how to beat Judd, Selby hasn't figured it out yet.

No, Trump missed shots all over the place in that final I don't think it has anything to do with Neil. But I think Robbo has figured out how to beat Higgins, expect today of course rofl

I think Robertson is a very smart player indeed. I think he knows how to beat pretty much anyone... O'Sullivan, Higgins, Trump, Williams, Ding, there's nobody that I feel is not within Robertson's range.

Very interesting to see how he played against Dott in the 2010 World Final. Robertson played Dott at his own game and won that night.

Robbo just pots the balls and wins the match while other players who have battle scars from previous Higgins defeats miss pressure pots.

yeah i think thats a great way to discribe Robbo .....he doesent carry baggage with him from match to match

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:Don't quite understand all the fuss about Robertson. Doubt he will do much at the UK.

there all just GJ bumboys :limp: or feel sorry for Jono :shock:

Postby Roland

There is no "worst world champion" and even if there was, it wouldn't be Robbo. I don't want him to win the UK but if he does then fair play because he's one of the contenders and has looked in the best form of his life in sustained spells this season.

My wish is for Robertson and Selby to meet in a big match. They've only met in one ranking event which was the Welsh when they were both qualifiers in the qualifiers which Selby won. These are the two big heavyweights of the game yet to have a rivalry and I really hope it happens in the UK and if it does it'll have to be the final. I think it's a genuine possibility.

Postby Tubberlad

I'm very confident that Robertson will win another World Title and will end his career as an undisputed great <ok>

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:There is no "worst world champion" and even if there was, it wouldn't be Robbo. I don't want him to win the UK but if he does then fair play because he's one of the contenders and has looked in the best form of his life in sustained spells this season.

My wish is for Robertson and Selby to meet in a big match. They've only met in one ranking event which was the Welsh when they were both qualifiers in the qualifiers which Selby won. These are the two big heavyweights of the game yet to have a rivalry and I really hope it happens in the UK and if it does it'll have to be the final. I think it's a genuine possibility.

thats like saying theres no best world champion, and basically that all players are equal <doh>

enough of the nandy pandy political correctness nonsense, its a valid debate <ok>

and for the record id have to nominate Walter Donaldson as the worst WC <laugh>

Postby Muppet147

Robertson had one of the easiest draws ever, which was the only reason he became world champ. Had Davis not beaten Higgins, he would have received a resounding beating in the quarter final. As it was, he was lucky to beat Gould in the round before that.

Postby Tubberlad

Muppet147 wrote:Robertson had one of the easiest draws ever, which was the only reason he became world champ. Had Davis not beaten Higgins, he would have received a resounding beating in the quarter final. As it was, he was lucky to beat Gould in the round before that.

He could easily have beaten Higgins. Higgins was in very poor form, and Robertson never looks fazed by him.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:There is no "worst world champion" and even if there was, it wouldn't be Robbo. I don't want him to win the UK but if he does then fair play because he's one of the contenders and has looked in the best form of his life in sustained spells this season.

thats like saying theres no best world champion, and basically that all players are equal <doh>

enough of the nandy pandy political correctness nonsense, its a valid debate <ok>

if theres such a thing as a Worst World Champion where does that leave jimmy white he couldnt even win one ?

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

if theres such a thing as a Worst World Champion where does that leave jimmy white he couldnt even win one ?

Jimmy is the best runner-up. :-)

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Jimmys far better being the best of the worst than being the worst of the best <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Muppet147 wrote:I doubt he could have 'easily' beaten Higgins.

Higgins is a much better player. (Even if he is a disgrace to the sport.)

I'm not saying he's better than Higgins, he ain't. Some would even say there's nobody that's ever been as good as Higgins. What I'm saying is that Robertson is still good enough to beat him, and I think he could've beaten him in 2010... if Matthew Stevens, Steve Davis, Ryan Day, Shaun Murphy, Graeme Dott, & Ken Doherty could beat him over 25 frames in the past ten years, then why not Robertson? I don't think they're as good as Higgins either, but they beat him!

Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Robertson won the 2010 World Championship, easy draw or tough draw :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

This O'Sullivan tweeting is just more attention seeking. He is happy to take the points and money when he wins one, but when he gets hammered by a 'no mark' he throws his toys out of the pram. The boy will never grow up.

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:This O'Sullivan tweeting is just more attention seeking. He is happy to take the points and money when he wins one, but when he gets hammered by a 'no mark' he throws his toys out of the pram. The boy will never grow up.

He's a bit like a richer, younger and happier version of you then ... <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:This O'Sullivan tweeting is just more attention seeking. He is happy to take the points and money when he wins one, but when he gets hammered by a 'no mark' he throws his toys out of the pram. The boy will never grow up.

That wouldn't be difficult! rofl

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:
Bourne wrote:

That wouldn't be difficult! rofl

Touche ! :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

Though it's subjective as to what order you put them in, I think it's certainly possible to have a worst world champion. There is however, no such thing as a bad world champion.

Postby vodkadiet

Higgins is still plying his trade, unlike The News of The World scum.

Higgins > NOTW scum :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Honest John, proven innocent. :bowdown: :D

that is the thing he was not PROVED Inocent of anything.

incificient evidence to prove he was involved at the level Pat Mooney was. so he was given the benefit of the doubt.

that said whatever happened its now over with FFS.

Postby Roland

And it was in an exhibition event where you'd have to be mad to even contemplate placing a bet or approaching a player to throw a frame. The NOTW journos were thick as buck and demonstrated their complete lack of understanding of snooker and how it works.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Proven Innocent bullocks u muppet. The original charge was dropped (conveniently?) and he was then proven guilty of disrepute.

Honest John! :D :happy:

Postby Witz78

'Exhibition' event or not, the bookies gave odds on the World Series of Snooker so the NOTW made the proposal. Mooney bit their hands off 4 a piece of the action and Higgins himself hardly exactly put up much resistance to it did he.
And best player ever bullocks, just like Hendry went AWOL soon as he hut 30, what about Higgins going AWOL for a good 5+ years during what should been his peak years.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:And it was in an exhibition event where you'd have to be mad to even contemplate placing a bet or approaching a player to throw a frame. The NOTW journos were thick as buck and demonstrated their complete lack of understanding of snooker and how it works.

with respect thats neither here or there i cant believe you think thats any sort of defence..

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:'Exhibition' event or not, the bookies gave odds on the World Series of Snooker so the NOTW made the proposal. Mooney bit their hands off 4 a piece of the action and Higgins himself hardly exactly put up much resistance to it did he.
And best player ever bullocks, just like Hendry went AWOL soon as he hut 30, what about Higgins going AWOL for a good 5+ years during what should been his peak years.

He was too busy being honest. :hatoff: