Post a reply

Stuart Bingham; My feud with Allen not over

Postby SnookerFan

Stuart Bingham believes that his rivalry with Mark Allen will not be buried as he looks ahead to playing in the UK Championship next month.

The pair could meet in the quarter-finals of the tournament at the York Barbican, which would re-ignite the feud set ablaze at the Australian Goldfields Open earlier this season when Northern Ireland's Allen accused Bingham of having "no bottle, no balls" and the Essex player responded by calling his rival "an idiot."

Bingham won their quarter-final tie Down Under and went on to win the tournament, beating Mark Williams 9-8 in a dramatic final to land his first ranking title.

Anticipating a possible last-eight clash in York, Bingham said: "The rivalry is not going to disappear. I've seen him at tournaments but not spoken to him. Neither of us are going to say hello to each other. Until the next time I play him, I'll keep away from him.

"It's just one of those things that is unlikely to go away. After I lost in the quarter-finals of the PTC event in Killarney, someone on Twitter wrote 'no bottle'. So it looks like people aren't going to forget about it either.

"He did me a favour before our match in Australia because I forgot about the fact that I was playing for my first semi-final, I was just focussed on beating him. I felt good about it after the match, but then after I beat Shaun Murphy to get to the final, I broke down and all the emotion came out."

Bingham is into the top 16 of the world rankings for the first time so earns an automatic place at the UK Championship. He faces Hong Kong's Marco Fu in his opening match on Sunday December 4 at 11am.

"I've been plugging away in the qualifiers for 16 years so it's great to be at the venue automatically now," said the World No 12, who beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the first round of the UK last year. "I've got a decent record in it and hopefully I can improve on that."

"I can't wait to be in that situation of having the chance to win a tournament again, and I won't be afraid of losing."

The UK Championship runs from December 3 to 11, with the likes of Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Judd Trump, Stephen Hendry, Steve Davis and Mark Selby battling for the £100,000 top prize.

From the World Snooker website.

Re: Stuart Bingham; My feud with Allen not over

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:As ever a week behind the times. Now this will spill onto the SI feed as if it's something new :roll:

Yeah, but I only just saw it, so I thought I'd post it. No need to get arsey about it. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:No big deal Snookerfan, does snooker good. Allen did look like a mug though especially as he got dumped and Bingham went on to win the ranker. Anyone heard of Allen since?

Absolutely. Rivalries can only be good for the sport, as long as it doesn't go all Alex Higgins and fights start. rofl It makes Mark Allen look like a mug, but adds to Bingham's popularity. I hope it can get people talking about snooker again.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 24 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:U fool SF. If feuds turn into physical fights then all the better

Depends how serious the fights are. If a player ends up nutting a fan in the crowd who cheers for an opponent he has beef with, that could end up a PR disaster. Or even worse a riot. rofl (Okay, unlikely. When was the last time you saw a snooker riot.)

A couple of players having a slap contest after a match would certainly get in the papers though. I guess one could see that as a good thing. Depends on your perspective.

Postby SnookerFan

mishcka wrote:would someone be kind enough to explain this "Rivalry" between allen and bingham in words I can understand???

During the Australian Open, Mark Allen made some comments about Bingham before their match, basically saying that Stuart Bingham wasn't very good and would win nothing. Bingham then beat Mark Allen, and won the tournament making Mark Allen look a bit of an idiot.

Mark Allen posted something on twitter if I remember congratulating Stuart for the win. But there was a lot of bad feeling towards him still. Looks like Stuart Bingham hasn't forgotten it either.

Postby Witz78

Think the words 'ya chubby silly haired norn oirish prat' were aimed in Allens direction and he countered with 'ur just a sad old bald bloke with bigger hands than Big Ben'
Plausible but i could be wrong....
Last edited by Witz78 on 24 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mishcka

SnookerFan wrote:
mishcka wrote:would someone be kind enough to explain this "Rivalry" between allen and bingham in words I can understand???

During the Australian Open, Mark Allen made some comments about Bingham before their match, basically saying that Stuart Bingham wasn't very good and would win nothing. Bingham then beat Mark Allen, and won the tournament making Mark Allen look a bit of an idiot.

Mark Allen posted something on twitter if I remember congratulating Stuart for the win. But there was a lot of bad feeling towards him still. Looks like Stuart Bingham hasn't forgotten it either.

is that it?
it is not even enough reason for a boxing match even... :td:

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:Think the words 'ya chubby silly haired norn oirish prat' were aimed in Allens direction and he countered with 'ur just a sad old bald bloke with bigger hands than Big Ben'

witz you should turn journalist and work for tabloids. Obviously you are gifted to bring up some versions of the truth that are much more interesting than the truth ... :D

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Think the words 'ya chubby silly haired norn oirish prat' were aimed in Allens direction and he countered with 'ur just a sad old bald bloke with bigger hands than Big Ben'

witz you should turn journalist and work for tabloids. Obviously you are gifted to bring up some versions of the truth that are much more interesting than the truth ... :D

rofl

Interpretive writing.