Topic locked

Premier League 2011: Finals Weekend (Hopton on Sea,Norfolk)

Postby Wildey

After 10 Thursday evenings the Last 4 players has been decided.

The 4 competing players are:
Mark Williams
Ding Junhui
Judd Trump
Ronnie O'Sullivan

Can anyone Stop Ronnie O'Sullivan from winning it AGAIN ?

in the semi finals China Open Champion Judd Trump faces Masters Champion Ding Junhui they did not play earlier in the Event and in the other Semi Final Defending Premier League Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan facing German Masters Champion Mark Williams again Neither Did these two players meet Earlier in the Event.

Semi Finals: Saturday 26th November (19:30 BST)

Best of 9 Frames

Judd Trump 3-5 Ding Junhui
Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-2 Mark Williams

Final : Sunday 27th November (19:30 BST)

Best of 13 Frames

Ding Junhui 1-7 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Premier League
Fixtures
Prediction Contest

Re: Premier League 2011: Finals Weekend (Hopton on Sea,Norfo

Postby Wildey

boris_the_butcher wrote:four world class players with a best of 13 final, a veritable marathon compared to the dross of the ptc's.

I know a few people are upset that their favourite players aren't in it but it's still the most watchable weekend of snooker so far this season.

one word bullocks <ok>

theres been fantastic stuff this season nothing that happens in that weekend can eclipse.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:four world class players with a best of 13 final, a veritable marathon compared to the dross of the ptc's.

I know a few people are upset that their favourite players aren't in it but it's still the most watchable weekend of snooker so far this season.

one word fluffy bunnies <ok>

Swear filter :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

ok for some of you it is actually 2 words <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

Swear filter. :limp:

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What's going on here? No pre-match discussions about the epic semi final line-up?

Ding v Judd is a toss of a coin and the other one is Ronnie's to lose.

i do think it speaks volumes about how unimportant this actually is.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:What's going on here? No pre-match discussions about the epic semi final line-up?

I think nobody cares. I'd forgotten it was on, until I came on to twitter.

It'll be more of a frenzy next week for the UK.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

i did not forget but because witz been talking so much about dancing i was watching strictly come dancing <laugh>

Postby king.kauto

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

i did not forget but because witz been talking so much about dancing i was watching strictly come dancing <laugh>

and who do you think is going to win?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

It's tough to determine the importance of the Premier League, especially this year.

I would say it's definitely more important than a PTC and a bit less than a standard ranking event. Some people suggested that in the ranking system the price money should replace the points in some way - it's 60.000 pounds for the winner here.

Postby king.kauto

king.kauto wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

and who do you think is going to win?

NO, whos guna win strictly!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's tough to determine the importance of the Premier League, especially this year.

I would say it's definitely more important than a PTC and a bit less than a standard ranking event. Some people suggested that in the ranking system the price money should replace the points in some way - it's 60.000 pounds for the winner here.

hahaha it doesent come close to the sheffield PTC in prestiege or important lol

Postby Andre147

As I predicted, 5-3 to Ding, he wins :D well played from him, a century of a 139 total clearance, and a couple of other nice breaks helped him on his win, including that marvelous break in the last frame :-)

Next up Ronnie vs Williams ;-) should be a great game, hope that Ronnie wins it and earns a match with Ding tomorrow :-)

Postby king.kauto

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's tough to determine the importance of the Premier League, especially this year.

It does actually, PL is on SS and highly recognised.
PTC is completely unknown and unseen by the masses.
People who dont follow snooker dont even know the PTC even exist.
If you have Sky Sports you know about PL snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

king.kauto wrote:
Wild wrote:

It does actually, PL is on SS and highly recognised.
PTC is completely unknown and unseen by the masses.
People who dont follow snooker dont even know the PTC even exist.
If you have Sky Sports you know about PL snooker.

king.auto, I'm afraid you misunderstood Wild.

Postby Andre147

:hatoff: :hatoff: A superb break of 109 from O´sullivan... :D Some of the shots he played towards the end of the frame... that double to the left top pocket, the splitting up of the last red ;-) amazing stuff from him indeed :D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:business as usual in the premier league

Final

Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Ding Junhui

yes should be a great final between these two :D Mark didn´t play that well towards the end, but he had plenty of chances in the early frames, but couln´t make the most of them... the 2nd frame was the most important, if it had been 2 nil to Mark, it could have been a different story, but Ronnie nicked it and that seemed to settle him in the match :-)

Still, Ronnie played well after that, his safety was good enough and didn´t miss much.. :-)

I expect a close match tomorrow, provided Ding doens´t collapse against Ronnie, or, even worse, Ronnie doenst play well and loses.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:business as usual in the premier league

Final

Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Ding Junhui

yes should be a great final between these two :D Mark didn´t play that well towards the end, but he had plenty of chances in the early frames, but couln´t make the most of them... the 2nd frame was the most important, if it had been 2 nil to Mark, it could have been a different story, but Ronnie nicked it and that seemed to settle him in the match :-)

Still, Ronnie played well after that, his safety was good enough and didn´t miss much.. :-)

I expect a close match tomorrow, provided Ding doens´t collapse against Ronnie, or, even worse, Ronnie doenst play well and loses.

Yes after the second frame I didn't have any doubts that Ronnie would win this match. Not against Williams who's next to Carter Ronnies favourite opponent and not in the Premier League.

Now Ronnie's playing Ding who is the only player in the PL who beat Ronnie without losing to him. O'Sullivan can complete the circle tomorrow - beat Ding, capture his 10. title and announce that this was his last year in the PL.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What, and you haven't started a prediction contest? :grrr: