Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 10 (Grimsby)

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Willy again showing his current snooker expertise.

My God, those boys talk a ridiculous amount of rubbish don't they? Taylor, Virgo, Thorne... all idiots. How these boys are rated higher by the BBC than Everton & Foulds just shows what they know.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:

My God, those boys talk a ridiculous amount of donkey doo don't they? Taylor, Virgo, Thorne... all idiots. How these boys are rated higher by the BBC than Everton & Foulds just shows what they know.

Well they know A LOT about the theoretical side of game and they create a good atmosphere but they aren't up to date at all.

Postby mishcka

Im thinking of turning a snooker commentator... a female voice would be nice. And I would do my homework before I open my mouth and say stupid things as well!
I promise I wont bring up golf! :-D

Postby Bourne

mishcka wrote:Im thinking of turning a snooker commentator... a female voice would be nice. And I would do my homework before I open my mouth and say stupid things as well!
I promise I wont bring up golf! :-D

Might be worthy of a new thread that, which snooker commentator could an Islander turn :limp:

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:If Ronnies ranking was less precarious hed happily sacrifice the PTCs for the likes of Premier League and Shootout etc but hes not in that position at the moment so something has to give as we know Ronnie likes to pick and choose when he plays.

He does have himself to blame for the predicament hes in due mainly to missing a lot of events in the last 2 years.

But as for the Premier League, i dont think Ronnie has turned against it, and the new format doesnt fuss him one way or another, its just that at this stage of his career he has new priorities and i think its clear that the Ronnie of old is back, form wise and i expect big things from him at the UK and beyond in the rest of the season.

I think the Premier League has had its day though, mainly due to the expansion of snooker. When there were only 6 events it was ideal in the winter but now we have a 3 month gap in the autumn between rankers cos the PL takes up 10 / 11 weeks effectively. It also means we have a crammed 4 months in the spring with the Masters, Shootout, World Open, Wales, Germany, India, PTC Finals, China and World Champs all crammed in.

Now theres talk of even more rankers so unless the PL goes, where on earth are they going to fit them all in. I think the time has come for Sky to either rebrand the PL into a 1 week elite tournament for the top guys or ditch it completely and start showing a couple of newfull rankers which have their own stamp on it.

And as for the PTCs i think a reduction in them is also due and ideally i want to see 4 main rankers on mainland Europe very soon.

Couldn´t agree more Witz, I mean in truth Ronnie is being made to pay for his errors mainly last season for not competing in most ptcs (in fact, only 2!!) and, most notably, for being knocked out first round at the uk, welsh and china, not to mention he pulled out of the german masters also... Still, I see a very positive attitude from him towards the game and thus more respect for it, he really is starting to play very well, enjoying the game, not being too negative on himself...
That´s the main key for him really, and his decision to pull out of the shootout might have something to do with the german masters right after that, he wants to be fully fit for it I think, and he really doesn´t want to have to go through all the qualifiers, because that can be really stressful for him..... I see some positive times for him, his snooker, and for all his fans, like me, in the future, so let´s hope he can produce the goods in the longer formats, which I honestly believe he now can, given his recent ressurgence of form, and, like you said, I really want to believe that the Ronnie of old is back, but only time will tell in the really big events that matter the most...

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:If Ronnies ranking was less precarious hed happily sacrifice the PTCs for the likes of Premier League and Shootout etc but hes not in that position at the moment so something has to give as we know Ronnie likes to pick and choose when he plays.

He does have himself to blame for the predicament hes in due mainly to missing a lot of events in the last 2 years.

But as for the Premier League, i dont think Ronnie has turned against it, and the new format doesnt fuss him one way or another, its just that at this stage of his career he has new priorities and i think its clear that the Ronnie of old is back, form wise and i expect big things from him at the UK and beyond in the rest of the season.

I think the Premier League has had its day though, mainly due to the expansion of snooker. When there were only 6 events it was ideal in the winter but now we have a 3 month gap in the autumn between rankers cos the PL takes up 10 / 11 weeks effectively. It also means we have a crammed 4 months in the spring with the Masters, Shootout, World Open, Wales, Germany, India, PTC Finals, China and World Champs all crammed in.

Now theres talk of even more rankers so unless the PL goes, where on earth are they going to fit them all in. I think the time has come for Sky to either rebrand the PL into a 1 week elite tournament for the top guys or ditch it completely and start showing a couple of newfull rankers which have their own stamp on it.

And as for the PTCs i think a reduction in them is also due and ideally i want to see 4 main rankers on mainland Europe very soon.

:goodpost:

Postby simplysnooker

Wild wrote:as well as murphy played judd did have chances but he had nothing to gain so there was no edge to it.

btw whats the point having john mcdonald just doing some events if they can manage without him

ronnie says he will tell the PL to go little kitten itself next year GO RONNIE DO IT :win: :win: :win:

John is doing the darts, he's signed up to all darts events first.

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:

My God, those boys talk a ridiculous amount of rubbish don't they? Taylor, Virgo, Thorne... all idiots. How these boys are rated higher by the BBC than Everton & Foulds just shows what they know.

I wouldn't have put it that way but I agree entirely

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:
Wild wrote:as well as murphy played judd did have chances but he had nothing to gain so there was no edge to it.

btw whats the point having john mcdonald just doing some events if they can manage without him

ronnie says he will tell the PL to go little kitten itself next year GO RONNIE DO IT :win: :win: :win:

John is doing the darts, he's signed up to all darts events first.

point is why bother with him if when hes away theres nobody taking his place :?