Topic locked

Re: PTC 9 (Acuerate Antwerp Open)

Postby vodkadiet

Griffiths would have won the 83 Worlds if it hadn't been for that Thorburn fluke in the 4th frame of their second round match. Griffiths is still having sleepless nights now.

Postby Bourne

Funny how you Ronnie bumboys always wana mention flukes but don't mention the easy balls he missed, in fact Ronnie himself admitted that the black he missed had a greater bearing on the match than the fluke. A match is longer than one shot ya know, Judd fully deserved winner :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Haha seriously, the UK final Murphy v Fu? Yes I remember Murphy getting a fluke but there's no way he'd have lost that final had it stayed out! Fu had way too much to do get back in it and Murphy had him, as in he had him! Match was over before that fluke.

I don't know. They both missed a lot and that miss could have kickstarted Fu. I don't remember Murphy having him, he only had a comfortable points advantage and some balls were safe. But so many crazy things have happened so far in snooker so you can never say never.

I would say 85% Murphy would have won without that fluke but it was still very hard to take as a Fu supporter that night. I will always combine this final with this fluke and Dennis Taylor shouting: "He fluked it! What a way to win a final!"

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:Funny how you Ronnie bumboys always wana mention flukes but don't mention the easy balls he missed, in fact Ronnie himself admitted that the black he missed had a greater bearing on the match than the fluke. A match is longer than one shot ya know, Judd fully deserved winner :D

They both would have been deserved winners, to me there isn't a "more deserved" or something like that.

Ronnie's missed black of the spot was unforgiveable and he did lose the frame. He screwed up and got the punishment but he sat in his chair during the fluke, he didn't do anything wrong and still was punished.

I'm not gonna attack Judd because I like him a lot and I'll probably gonna fully support him once Ronnie retires.

But come on Bourne, you would have complained if Ronnie won with that shot. That has nothing to do with "Ronnie bumboys". I'm not blaming Trump, I'm blaming luck ;-) .

Now cased closed. I said before it wasn't a ranker or world championship match so it's not that big a deal and I mean it.

Postby Roland

Judd gets a fair amount of flukes because he takes on a lot of difficult balls and hits them hard so it figures that some will end up in another pocket. What that also tells you is that he leaves a fair amount of chances too but you don't notice those as anti-flukes

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:Funny how you Ronnie bumboys always wana mention flukes but don't mention the easy balls he missed, in fact Ronnie himself admitted that the black he missed had a greater bearing on the match than the fluke. A match is longer than one shot ya know, Judd fully deserved winner :D

They both would have been deserved winners, to me there isn't a "more deserved" or something like that.

Ronnie's missed black of the spot was unforgiveable and he did lose the frame. He screwed up and got the punishment but he sat in his chair during the fluke, he didn't do anything wrong and still was punished.

I'm not gonna attack Judd because I like him a lot and I'll probably gonna fully support him once Ronnie retires.

But come on Bourne, you would have complained if Ronnie won with that shot. That has nothing to do with "Ronnie bumboys". I'm not blaming Trump, I'm blaming luck ;-) .

Now cased closed. I said before it wasn't a ranker or world championship match so it's not that big a deal and I mean it.

I wouldn't have complained <laugh> I didn't complain about him losing the World final when Higgins got at least one fluke so why would I moan now <doh> Sonny is spot on, you fluke hatahs will always be blinkered and see it black and white especially when it involves your faves.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:I wouldn't have complained

rofl
Bourne wrote:you fluke hatahs will always be blinkered and see it black and white especially when it involves your faves.

fluke lover :love:

Flukes :D

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Winning a final with a fluke creates a terrible situation. It isn't that bad today because it isn't an that important title. You're mainly playing for points.
But I can recall the 2008 UK final deciding frame like it was yesterday. Murphy won it with that outrageous fluke in the middle pocket. It was obviously a terrible situation for Marco Fu who must have felt cheated but also Murphy who had the knowledge that he needed luck to win the title and last but not least the audience who a want to see a fair struggle with no luck involved in the deciding moments.

It was a weird situation for all involved but unfortunately there is nothing snooker can do to stop these moments from time to time. But luck is a part of this game and it always will.

no murphy won the title because he won 9 other frames to put himself in a possition of a fluke costing....

secret is to thrash a oponement so that deciding frame flukes dont count.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Winning a final with a fluke creates a terrible situation. It isn't that bad today because it isn't an that important title. You're mainly playing for points.
But I can recall the 2008 UK final deciding frame like it was yesterday. Murphy won it with that outrageous fluke in the middle pocket. It was obviously a terrible situation for Marco Fu who must have felt cheated but also Murphy who had the knowledge that he needed luck to win the title and last but not least the audience who a want to see a fair struggle with no luck involved in the deciding moments.

It was a weird situation for all involved but unfortunately there is nothing snooker can do to stop these moments from time to time. But luck is a part of this game and it always will.

no murphy won the title because he won 9 other frames to put himself in a possition of a fluke costing....

<ok>

Still beggars belief that people go over this ground ... maybe in a BO1 i'd get it but BO7 or BO19 and people still have the gall to complain about the fluke being the difference <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:

Another fluke lover :chin:

Postby Roland

Flukes rule. Someone should create a new version of snooker for the current times where only flukes count. Best of one frame shootouts lasting a minimum of 5 hours each. :D

You score bonus points for artistic merit or outrageousness of fluke.

Postby Tubberlad

This is a ridiculous discussion. For buck sake, man up, we lost tonight to a stunning snooker player, but O'Sullivan was fantastic and I'm happy enough with that. A fluke does not bother me in the slightest, it was a great night for the game.

O'Sullivan <cool>
Trump <cool>

Postby snooky147

From all accounts a great final, pity I fell asleep just before it started. rofl
As for Graeme's match up with O'Sullivan, he can have no complaints, he had chances in
every frame. On another day he would have done it. I am ok with that and pleased that he took
care of McManus and Lisowski by playing some excellent snooker from what I hear anyways.

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie's whole career has just been a pile of fluked shots. He has never won a match without fluking 7 or 8 shots.

Ronnie fans are just sore losers, who are deluded, and don't see reality because of the fact they have the onset of CJD from all the meat they are eating.

CJD(animals revenge). :win:

Postby vodkadiet

The old dog Ronnie done well getting to the final, and for that he should been credited.

However, I would like Ronnie to retire now before he shows himself up too much, by losing to players who are young enough to be his kids. It would be a shame for the old dog to carry on past his sell by date. Surely he qualifies for the seniors soon?

Miss Jones! Miss Jones!

Well played Rigsby! :-D

Postby vodkadiet

Just seen some of that match, and I can report that those pockets are the biggest I've ever seen. Joke snooker.

Postby snooky147

vodkadiet wrote:Just seen some of that match, and I can report that those pockets are the biggest I've ever seen. Joke snooker.

Dont be so stupid. The pockets were not big at all. Balls slide in easier off new cloth and cushions.

Postby vodkadiet

snooky147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Just seen some of that match, and I can report that those pockets are the biggest I've ever seen. Joke snooker.

Dont be so stupid. The pockets were not big at all. Balls slide in easier off new cloth and cushions.

Which equates to bigger pockets.

Postby hendry_fan

Well done Judd,i have to say,i did,nt see even 1 shot of the final as i fell a bl**dy sleep about 40 mins before it was about to start.

So Judd,fluked match ball,ah well,i,ve said it before and i,ll say it again,i personaly don,t like flukes at all,yes,there great for viewing and for the spectators but are a real pain in the ar** if they happen against you.

I remeber a freind of mine havin at least 9 flukes in a best of 7 against me,(i,ve never seen the likes so far),after he ended up beating me 4-3 i was so sick,i did,nt even shake his hand after the match,thats the only time i have ever done that,as i,m usualy very fair,1 fluke alone can be annoying,just think of what i felt like after having witnessed 9 flukes in 7 frames!,mind you it,s no wonder that he flukes a lot,cause he,s the type of player who likes to hit shots hard. :grrr:

:clap: Well done all the same Judd!. :clap:

Postby Roland

It really was like watching Higgins v White in the 80s. I think whenever Trump plays Ronnie again in future there will be huge interest. I'm certainly getting my seat booked for the UK 2nd round.

Postby mishcka

Sonny wrote:It really was like watching Higgins v White in the 80s. I think whenever Trump plays Ronnie again in future there will be huge interest. I'm certainly getting my seat booked for the UK 2nd round.

:hatoff:
what a match, what a match, the only downside is the short format! If those two were to play at this level at a world semi or final, that would be, would be... I guess there is no word to describe it.
Ronnie was playing like he only can, Trump was unbelievable, and I was one happy snooker fan for 75 minutes :D. Only 75 minutes :(

certainly will be staying in york for the 2nd round match if those two make it that far :D. But with Ronnie you never know :-).