Topic locked

My Day out at EISS

Postby Rocket_ron

Hi everyone

Me and my Wife really enjoyed our day out yesterday.
the venue is really nice and the staff are very friendly, we arived at 9:25 and walked up the stairs and the queue was right back to the snooker accademy we joined the queue and waited, when we got to the desk we paid for our tickets(that i had pre booked) the man and young sonbehind us hadn't and taken there chance and it was all booked up, we felt really sorry for them (however we saw them later and they managed to get some tickets so was happy for them)
when we entered the room the atmosphere hit us it was a right good buzz, it was starting to get packed it was full up in the middle and right hand side where davis was and matthew stevens, we ended up left of center.
the matches in play from left to right was....
Wenbo v Lawler
Mcmanus v O'brien
S Davis v Gunnel
M Davis v Harrold
Steven v Hendo slayer <laugh>

We was sat smack behind Mcmanus match and could view wenbo,mcmanus and S.davis match
Just before the match started a voice came over on the sound system "ladies and gentleman please welcome the players and officials of the 2010 betfred world championship qualifiers" at this stage they all came into their cubicles through a black curtain and the atmospere was electric everyone clapping.
I was very suprised as mcmanus game was the quickest game to finish, and wenbo first frame was the last first frame to finish for the first half hour niether wenbo or lawlar managed to pot a ball. i can remember thinking at that stage "I bet wild and everyone on sf think the live scoring on wenbo match had frozen"
Another highlight to the scoring system was i could see micala tabb having problems with the scoring on stevens match she climbed over the barrier and walked down a few cubicles to see if the other were working (which they was) so stevens match stopped for a bit while they sorted it out.
the next laugh was durring the first mid sessiaon after 4 frames eiren williams who was refereing the mcmanus match was being his usual prat
I can remember both me and wife doing <doh> as when the player went out for there 15min break he got the case out and put all the balls away in it for the the table fitter guy to brush it (all the other refs left the balls in the pockets-which is the most logical) but also <doh> because he started taking the balls out of the case before the lad had finished brushing and cleaning the table so what a compleate waste of time <doh>

during the dinner break we went to the cafe and think we saw jessica ennis sat at a table with loads of girls round her chillin and eating.

just before the next session started i got autographs by the following in order..

micala tabb
Joe Swail
Mattew Stevens
Alan Mcmanus
Fergal O'brien
Dell Hill

Players I saw but didn't get autograph were...
Adrian Gunnel
Gerald Green
Barry Harwkins
Ken doherty

I didn't manage to get any pics with or of the players as they were all in a rush.
back in secound seesion git same seats one row back, first match to finish was Wenbo, then it was steve davis half the spectator left so we moved right and we could see mcmanus on our left and mark davis on our right. when fergal best macmanus some more left so we moved right again to just left of markdavis so could just see half of stevens table. dave harold was boring life out of us and we couldn't get any closer to stevens match. so we left at that stage.
I am real happy with the venue and the whole setup and recommend it to anyone.
due to having the worlds crappest camema and not aloud flash all but few turn out ok, so will post up but be warned they are crap. (so smart with your hd quality pic prefence is gonna be reached)
will post pic in a while.
hope this report is ok

Just like to add, seeing these players shows what huge Gap in quallity there is from ranks 20 downward as most players broke down after 40 or 50 and there was very few centries. the top 16 are defo miles ahead

Re: My Day out at EISS

Postby Alex0paul

Sounds great. Can't wait for tomorrow. (I say tomorrow but my trek up starts tonight.)

Postby Casey

Great stuff Rocket, glad your wife and you enjoyed it. Also I am sure it was good meeting the players in ‘real life’. Good report, what did you make of Steve Davis’ play? <ok>

Postby Alex0paul

Do you have to sit where they tell you or is it sit where you want?

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:Do you have to sit where they tell you or is it sit where you want?

get in there and grap a seat quick <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Right a few pics.....

1st one
Just sat waiting

2nd
Players coming out for very first time, wenbo on left table, mcmanus left seat fergal obrien right seat

3rd
Matthew stevens from a distance

4th
screen showing wenbo 8-1

5th
table fitter brushing the table

6th
Steve match finished

7th
as close as i could get to matthews stevens match

Postby Smart

rocket_ron wrote:Right a few pics.....

1st one
Just sat waiting

2nd
Players coming out for very first time, wenbo on left table, mcmanus left seat fergal obrien right seat

3rd
Matthew stevens from a distance

4th
screen showing wenbo 8-1

5th
table fitter brushing the table

6th
Steve match finished

7th
as close as i could get to matthews stevens match

great photos <ok>

Postby Casey

Great pics there Rocket, you had a good view for sure. Looked like a good crowd there as well, any pics of you enjoying the action? :D

Postby Rocket_ron

Thanks Guys

Case, the atmospere was excellent, the odd person shouting "shot" and people only clapped if there was either a cracking shot,centery or when frame had finished. however on tv people clap when the player has potted frame ball but there wasn't much of that only after the frame had won, i clapped when a played potted frame ball but i soon stoped after i realised noone else was <laugh>

i havent got any pics of myself.
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 09 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

I am worried now that I won't get in because I haven't booked a ticket.

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:I am worried now that I won't get in because I haven't booked a ticket.

tueday may not be as bad as sunday as people will be at work. are you traveling far?

Postby Rocket_ron

I also may add that all the people i got autograph off was very nice and obliging, i found matthew stevens,alan mcmanus and macala tabb to be the nicest as they spoke more and smiled
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 09 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alex0paul

rocket_ron wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I am worried now that I won't get in because I haven't booked a ticket.

tueday may not be as bad as sunday as people will be at work. are you traveling far?

From Plymouth. Stalin is giving me a lift up from Bristol. (Thats not something you say everyday)

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:
From Plymouth. Stalin is giving me a lift up from Bristol. (Thats not something you say everyday)

thats good about the lift from bristol, are you guys travelling back same night? cos you will knackered

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:I also may add that all the people i got autograph off was very nice and obliging, i found matthew stevens,alan mcmanus and macala tabb to be the nicest as they spoke more and smiled

I can testify to two of those. I've met Michaela Tabb and she's so patient with everybody, despite being followed by horny blokes talking bullocks all the time. I watched Matthew Stevens lose one time, and he still stood outside for ages and signed autographs.

Though I've seen him play, I've never met Angles. So you've done something I haven't. Glad to hear he is a top bloke. <ok>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Good report Rocket-Ron. Comes across as though you enjoyed yourself. Good stuff.

Postby Rocket_ron

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Good report Rocket-Ron. Comes across as though you enjoyed yourself. Good stuff.

thanks john, yes i did enjoy myself very much, its made be love snooker more and want to go more

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Good report Rocket-Ron. Comes across as though you enjoyed yourself. Good stuff.

thanks john, yes i did enjoy myself very much, its made be love snooker more and want to go more

Watching it live is addictive, isn't it?

Postby Rocket_ron

SnookerFan wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

yes snooker fan it is...and nice to have abit of quiet (no bad commenty)

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

yes snooker fan it is...and nice to have abit of quiet (no bad commenty)

Glad you enjoyed it. <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members that have shown interest in my experiance.

Many thanks
R-ron

Postby Wildey

jesus i just noticed this thread now.....ive been concentrating mainly on the tournament last few days so not seen much else.

good pics it looks cool there i got to go next year fingers cross.

glad you enjoyed it and got autographs but hopefully Michaela did spell it correctly for you ;)

Postby Wildey

i know pot kettle and all that <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:jesus i just noticed this thread now.....ive been concentrating mainly on the tournament last few days so not seen much else.

good pics it looks cool there i got to go next year fingers cross.

glad you enjoyed it and got autographs but hopefully Michaela did spell it correctly for you ;)

Are you saying one of the sport's leading referees doesn't know how to spell her how name?

Postby Wildey

no im saying Rocket Ron even after a autograph got the spelling wrong ;)

just before the next session started i got autographs by the following in order..

micala tabb
Joe Swail
Mattew Stevens
Alan Mcmanus
Fergal O'brien
Dell Hill

Players I saw but didn't get autograph were...
Adrian Gunnel
Gerald Green
Barry Harwkins
Ken doherty