Topic locked

Premier League 2011: Week 9 (Banbury) Higgins Wins

Postby Wildey

Its Premier League and a continuation of the New format This year there are 10 players competing in an overall group-stage, with, once again, 4 semi-finalists going through to the finals weekend in Norfolk in November. Each week there will be 2 semi-finals and a final. Week Nine sees World Champion John Higgins Take on World No 8 Ali Carter and in the Other Match Battle of Wales as World No 2 Mark Williams Take on Matthew Stevens with the two winners facing each other in the final.

The 10 competing players are:

Allister Carter
Ding Junhui
John Higgins
Shaun Murphy
Ronnie O'Sullivan
Neil Robertson
Matthew Stevens
Judd Trump
Jimmy White
Mark Williams
Week Nine: Thursday 10th November (19:30 BST)

Semi Final: John Higgins 3-1 Ali Carter
Semi Final: Mark Williams 3-0 Matthew Stevens

Final: John Higgins 3-1 Mark Williams
Premier League
Fixtures
Prediction Contest

Image Image

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 9 (Banbury)

Postby Roland

I've been watching Williams v Higgins. Good quality as ever with these two. Shot clock annoying as ever though.

Postby Roland

I asked Williams about the shot clock when I was down at PTC7 and he said it's not fair on all players and he doesn't like it and he's just berated it on tv.

Postby Roland

tash licker Higgins won 3-1 but typical MJW didn't play on for snookers because he got the frame he needed to qualify for the finals

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:tash licker Higgins won 3-1 but typical MJW didn't play on for snookers because he got the frame he needed to qualify for the finals

I turned off after Williams won that frame he needed.

Next week will be only a formality, the qualification is virtually put to bed this week.

The play-offs are hopefully a bit more interesting than these group matches.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I asked Williams about the shot clock when I was down at PTC7 and he said it's not fair on all players and he doesn't like it and he's just berated it on tv.

missed the end

what did mark say ??

Postby Roland

He said 20 seconds means he's always rushing and he misses shots he would never normally miss and the same goes for Higgins and that if there wasn't a shot clock Higgins would've qualified.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He said 20 seconds means he's always rushing and he misses shots he would never normally miss and the same goes for Higgins and that if there wasn't a shot clock Higgins would've qualified.

and lets face it mark not slow but that tic toc of the clock makes fast players look stupid and extends frames.

Postby mishcka

If i remember correctly, when they first introduced the shot clock to the PL, they debated if it should be 25 or 20 secs. then they asked Ronnie and Hendry to play under the 20 sec shot clock, and they were all over the place. So they decided to go for 25.
20 sec is just too short, and the ball in hand rule is too silly, ten players is too much, and the frames are taking longer and longer and longer!!!
:(

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The PTC is on, that's more important

i watches the league but i was more interested on twitter to see who qualified for PTC.