Post a reply

Mannerisms

Postby vodkadiet

I just had a look at the finger tapping thread and I thought I would increase the idea to all mannerisms.

Which are the most prominent mannerisms of players past and present?

Joe Perry has an exaggerated mannerism. Anyone know what it is?

Re: Mannerisms

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:I just had a look at the finger tapping thread and I thought I would increase the idea to all mannerisms.

he is a eyebrow twitcher :win:

I have a mannerism when I play I eat loads of meat produce in between frames :gag:

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I just had a look at the finger tapping thread and I thought I would increase the idea to all mannerisms.

I have a mannerism when I play I eat loads of meat produce in between frames :gag:

Always had you down as a sausage-muncher :limp2:

Postby vodkadiet

Smart wrote:

He also does this thing with his neck....

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:
Smart wrote:

I noticed that Perry always looks up to the crowd, up past his right hand shoulder. He does it a lot. For this reason I would nominate this as a mannerism for Joseph Perry. :wave: :gag:

Postby The Cueist

Missing long pots when he should play safe.Still has loads of bottle though.

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:Missing long pots when he should play safe.Still has loads of bottle though.

Mombassa Cueist :hatoff:

I was thinking more of the special way in which he drinks his water, several little sips. :gag:

Postby Smart

Smart wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Missing long pots when he should play safe.Still has loads of bottle though.

I was thinking more of the special way in which he drinks his water, several little sips. :gag:

.....and the looking at the pocket as well as the ball, sort of moving from one to the other <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Murphy likes waving his cue at the cue ball before certain shots. :-D
Last edited by vodkadiet on 03 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Smart wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Smart wrote:

I noticed that Perry always looks up to the crowd, up past his right hand shoulder. He does it a lot. For this reason I would nominate this as a mannerism for Joseph Perry. :wave: :gag:

Wouldn't that be his right shoulder, and not his right hand shoulder? :?
Last edited by vodkadiet on 03 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Willie Thorne used to have to a mannerism of standing right in front of his opponent to see the position of the balls when it was his opponent's shot(and at the same time he would stroke his stomach part of his waistcoat). :happy:

Postby Roland

Robbo's cough

Postby Bourne

Does he do it twice in quick succession :wave:

Postby vodkadiet

Tony Knowles used to look into the crowd at the start of his matches with his arms folded. :D

Doug Mountjoy used to pull the knee part of his trousers up before playing a shot. :happy:

Postby Roland

Smart wrote:Jimmy White in his later career licks his fingers. <ok>

It's his palm, not his fingers !

Selby wipes his chalk mark on the cloth after every shot. He also lifts his head up and looks down when studying the shot sometimes, one of those mannerisms you don't know why he does it.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:
Smart wrote:Jimmy White in his later career licks his fingers. <ok>

It's his palm, not his fingers !

Selby wipes his chalk mark on the cloth after every shot. He also lifts his head up and looks down when studying the shot sometimes, one of those mannerisms you don't know why he does it.

Ryan Day is obsessive about wiping the cloth marks :win:

Postby vodkadiet

Ding Junhui with that twitching eye.

Mark King wiping his head with a cloth.

Stephen Maguire banging his cue on the floor.

Ken Doherty chalk blower.

Postby The Cueist

Smart wrote:
Smart wrote:

.....and the looking at the pocket as well as the ball, sort of moving from one to the other <ok>

Mombassa mate, :hatoff: I would have replied sooner but lost connection. <doh>

Yep he has kept Highland spring on the map over the years. :-D

Ha Ha!!!Pockets and balls rofl Do you think he gets an itch down there.LOL!!!!!! :-D

++Fair point,You should be looking at the object ball and it;s sweet spot as alignment to pocket should have been assessed on approach to shot and stance get down.

When im playing marmite i concentrate on object ball point of contact more than i do pocket align ment save for a few glances prior to final backswing.

Some say Hendry;s way is the way,Not for me though.

What bout you bro? <ok>

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:
Smart wrote:
Smart wrote:

Mombassa mate, :hatoff: I would have replied sooner but lost connection. <doh>

Yep he has kept Highland spring on the map over the years. :-D

Ha Ha!!!Pockets and balls rofl Do you think he gets an itch down there.LOL!!!!!! :-D

++Fair point,You should be looking at the object ball and it;s sweet spot as alignment to pocket should have been assessed on approach to shot and stance get down.

When im playing marmite i concentrate on object ball point of contact more than i do pocket align ment save for a few glances prior to final backswing.

Some say Hendry;s way is the way,Not for me though.

What bout you bro? <ok>

I'm with you there mate :gag: