Topic locked

Wyldecrest Park Homes World Seniors Championship !!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 5th~Sunday 6th of November at East of England Arena, Peterborough

As the Main Tour has 2 Weekends off its time for players of yesteryear to take to the Arena once again Ranging from the age of 69 With Doug Mountjoy to Darren Morgan at 45.

It will be a Trip Down Memory Lane for older fans and a chance to see todays comentators take to the table for younger fans.

DRAW

__________________________________________________________________________________

FORMAT OF PLAY

Saturday 5th of November

1pm

Tony Drago v Steve Davis

Followed By

Dene O'Kane v Neal Foulds

Followed By

Karl Townsend v Steve Ventham

Followed By

John Parrott v Joe Johnson

7pm

Jimmy White v Tony Knowles

Followed By

Nigel Bond v Dennis Taylor

Followed By

Gary Wilkinson v Darren Morgan

Followed By

Cliff Thorburn v Doug Mountjoy

Sunday 6th of November

1pm

Quarter Finals

7pm

Semi Finals

Followed By

Final

__________________________________________________________________________________

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image

Re: Wyldecrest Park Homes World Seniors Championship !!!

Postby Wildey

John From London Town wrote:Word has it is that John Williams has been invited to ref one or two of the match's. Nice touch.

yes good one.

TBH he is the only ref available from the 80s early 90s Alan Chamberlain wont be fit i guess having had a op.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Word has it is that John Williams has been invited to ref one or two of the match's. Nice touch.

yes good one.

TBH he is the only ref available from the 80s early 90s Alan Chamberlain wont be fit i guess having had a op.

It was only a triple-bypass, what's the matter with him? :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

I'm debating what to do for this, without having Sky. I am supposed to be out with the family watching flashing lights in the sky on Saturday, so could nick their Sky Sports Saturday all afternoon. But as I got their Sky TV earmarked for the boxing Saturday night, they might not take kindly. :blush:

Postby Wildey

obviously im not a fan of the shot clock as we know and dont really like it in this event however looking at it again play starts at 1pm with a minimum of 16 frames and a maximum of 24 frames to be played in the day.

so with it being a 2 day event theres no time to mess about with gags.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:

yes good one.

It was only a triple-bypass, what's the matter with him? :grrr:

I thought he was having his beard surgically removed or was it his voice-box changed to a less annoying tone. :gag:

Postby Wildey

fouldsy147 Neal Foulds
For the record the rules to the seniors has changed slightly. 30 seconds shot clock only comes in after 10 mins of playing time.

:? :? :chin: :chin:

Postby Roland

That would be better, it makes more sense now.

This is worth requoting from the Snookerbacker:

Favourite for the event is Nigel Bond who must first dispose of Dennis. Obviously the acid test for Nige is trying to keep a straight face as Dennis recounts more hilarious anecdotes than you can shake a stick at in between mentioning comedians and golf partners from yesteryear who are either no longer with us or ‘have not been feeling too well lately’ (about to be no longer with us in other words).

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/11/03 ... the-clock/

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That would be better, it makes more sense now.

This is worth requoting from the Snookerbacker:

Favourite for the event is Nigel Bond who must first dispose of Dennis. Obviously the acid test for Nige is trying to keep a straight face as Dennis recounts more hilarious anecdotes than you can shake a stick at in between mentioning comedians and golf partners from yesteryear who are either no longer with us or ‘have not been feeling too well lately’ (about to be no longer with us in other words).

http://www.snookerbacker.com/2011/11/03 ... the-clock/

but 1o mins out of 3 frames or 10 mins per frame

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It'll be the first 10 minutes of every frame.

that is better then

what is a slight concern regarding shot clock is the aded pressure involved on the older players 30 seconds is a lot but it would be at the back of players minds then miss anything=frames last longer.

Postby mediter

Honestly don´t even know what "little kitten" means if it even means anything.. <laugh>
But it sounds so funny ho wild uses it :bowdown: One more time I do this:

now then luckily the bloody little kitten halloween is over real snooker starts first uk Qualifiers and this little kitten Seniors Championship !!!

Postby Wildey

ronnieo147 Ronnie O'Sullivan
They play the game the right way... Lots of class ... That's where snooker is going wrong... To many thrush players about

what is ronnie on ????????????