Topic locked

Re: Ben's Progression

Postby Roland

But some will be expecting him to win so you can't say there'd be no pressure. There's going to be pressure in the first game too.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:But some will be expecting him to win so you can't say there'd be no pressure. There's going to be pressure in the first game too.

yes reanne will be a toughie im on the ben thread here talking about him so i been looking at things if i was in his shoes.

Postby Witz78

yeh id go the opposite of your logic Wild to be honest.

If your not expected to win then theres no pressure on you but if you are facing a so called easier opponent then theres more expectation and pressure on you.

Postby Wildey

that was the best entry yet you can almost smell how much ben wants this playing in front of the the big audience is what he feel his destiny is he almost makes me want to enter PTC the enthusiasm he has for the new set up.

BUT he also feels hes hitting his head against a brick wall winning all these matches 9 and with a record like his to constantly have 2 or 3 qualifiers per event is harsh compared to some thats won nothing only playing one qualifier...anyway thats for another time.

then in PTC 5 his Route is

Stephen John Barton>Jamie Barrett or Stephen Craigie>Graeme Dott

thats another tough one.

Postby Witz78

yeh theres a case for the amateurs to be seeded based on money won then if on £0 then matches won so that if theres a situation where some would play less qualifiers than others then the best ones should get priority to play less matches.

Obviously the top 2 in PTC5 would be Eden and Jak (im saying no more on that farce) but then no offence to Ben but theres a good few other amateurs who have picked up wins in the last 128s and 64s so Ben really needs to kick on soon before the PTCs become a monkey on his back.

Postby snooky147

Wild wrote:that was the best entry yet you can almost smell how much ben wants this playing in front of the the big audience is what he feel his destiny is he almost makes me want to enter PTC the enthusiasm he has for the new set up.

BUT he also feels hes hitting his head against a brick wall winning all these matches 9 and with a record like his to constantly have 2 or 3 qualifiers per event is harsh compared to some thats won nothing only playing one qualifier...anyway thats for another time.

thats another tough one.
You sure he plays Graeme?. Could have sworn he plays Robertson.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Wild wrote:that was the best entry yet you can almost smell how much ben wants this playing in front of the the big audience is what he feel his destiny is he almost makes me want to enter PTC the enthusiasm he has for the new set up.

thats another tough one.
You sure he plays Graeme?. Could have sworn he plays Robertson.

yes they play Graeme and Robertson will play Alan Edmondson/Eden Sharav :shock: /Naqib Nasir or Marc Davis

Postby Roland

I thought he played Xiao Goudong but that shows that clarification is needed when these draws come out.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I thought he played Xiao Goudong but that shows that clarification is needed when these draws come out.

yeh the draws fooled everyone, McGill didnt know he played Ben or Reanne till i told him, he thought it was some random foreigner hed be playing.

Something stupid like the qualifying matches start with match 4 then 5, 6 etc etc but the last 128 draw classes match 4 as being qualifier 1 so who you thought u were meant to play, its actually the guy 3 down :excite: :dizzy: :fart: <doh>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I thought he played Xiao Goudong but that shows that clarification is needed when these draws come out.

im talking about PTC 5 the contriversial draw not PTC 6 in poland

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gloP_E8f1ZM

:D

call me picky but why did he try that lol

cos he can

take 1, take 2, take 3...... :john:

i dont think its as hard as it looks though

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gloP_E8f1ZM

:D

call me picky but why did he try that lol

cos he can

take 1, take 2, take 3...... :john:

i dont think its as hard as it looks though

i bet you stephen Lee did not give him lessons :john:

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison next match is against Stephen Craigie at 10am tomorrow morning with Graeme Dott awaiting the Winner on friday at Aprox 3pm.

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison Lost 4-0 :-(

His next match is Thursday 29th of September (Next Week) against Reanne Evans at Aprox 6.30pm BST in Poland.

Postby Wildey

You’ve got him again in PTC7!
Yes we’ve got to play each other again in the qualifying rounds. I was thinking the other day about how I’ve got the worst draw in qualifying again, but then if you get through you’re going to have to play players better than you have to play in the amateur qualifiers anyway, so it’s not going to get any easier so you’ve just got to get on with it.

i really love his attitude to the job he has to do to get better and be the best.

he is so driven as a person to get where he wants to go he knows its not easy and despite the persona hes not cocky with it just determination and that is such a important ingredient to turn a talented player in to a champion.

Postby nah444

Great win today (4-3 over Craigie). Played some great stuff. The 77 break in the decider was pure quality. Practicing 6 hours a day like he does is bound to pay off sooner or later. Hopefully this will kick start his season :D.

Postby Wildey

nah444 wrote:Great win today (4-3 over Craigie). Played some great stuff. The 77 break in the decider was pure quality. Practicing 6 hours a day like he does is bound to pay off sooner or later. Hopefully this will kick start his season :D.

nothing quite like instant revenge for confidence

Postby Wildey

Yes that was a Great PTC For Ben on the Back of a disapointment of not being in Poland.

that 5th frame against Stevens was bloody torchure for me watching on Live Scoring not knowing what was happening on the table and when you consider Ben was 2-0 down against a top 16 player to take a 3-2 lead would have been a masive boost and id have fancied him for the Last 16.

But it was not to be and dont think outside a Hendry match ive ever felt so deflated seeing Ben 3-2 down instead of up.

but hopefully in PTC 8 Next Week he can Build on that whitch i have confidence he can.

Round 1
Kevin O'Leary Thursday 20th @Aprox 3.30pm

Round 2 (if he wins Round 1 that is)
Craig Steadman (PTC Order of Merit top Amataur) Thursday 20th @Aprox 9.30pm

then if he Qualifies his First Match in the Last 128 will Be against Barry Hawkins on Saturday 22nd @12.30pm

Good Luck Ben.

Postby Witz78

tough game v Steadman

and as expected a tough opener too if he makes it thru to last 128

realistically hes got no chance of getting on tour via PTC so best to not even think about that and the order of merit and just treat it all as good match practice before the Q School

Postby Wildey

yeah not the easiest of routes but neither was getting past Craigie who beat him 4-0 twice in Q School and PTC5

Postby Roland

The run in PTC7 will give him confidence. Steadman is a tough player but I'm sure he'd rather play someone other than Ben in the qualifiers.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The run in PTC7 will give him confidence. Steadman is a tough player but I'm sure he'd rather play someone other than Ben in the qualifiers.

if players want to make it in the big bad world of Pro Snooker you really cant start worrying who you play you just have to get on with it wont be getting any easier round by round lol

Postby Wildey

3-4 Craig Steadman
It was a big match because obviously Craig is top amateur on the PTC list. You see some of the amateurs getting through and it just makes you angry, I know Craig thinks he shouldn’t have had to qualify; we were talking afterwards and he said he was annoyed about it and then he saw he’d drawn me and he was even more annoyed!

yes craig tell me about it lol

You had 3 total clearances in a row yesterday?
Yes I finished off with 3 total clearances and I’ve had 3 centuries in a row just now, one of them was a total clearance then I missed a shot with the rest on 70 in the next when I was on for another total clearance. I was so angry when I missed!

i love the perfectionist within him so focused on what he wants to do and get it.

if drive and Ambition has anything to do with it Ben will be on tour very soon.

Postby Roland

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/sport/9 ... onal_hopes

HAWKERIDGE ace Ben Harrison reckons his chances of breaking into the pro game have been boosted after changes to the structure of the World Professional Tour.

World Snooker announced that the number of players competing on the professional circuit will increase from 96 to 128 from the 2013-14 season while players qualifying for the tour via next year’s Q School will keep their cards for two years, rather than one.

Amateur Harrison, 19, a regular at the Players Tour Championship events, said: “I couldn’t believe it when I found out – my manager (Neil Quigley) phoned me to tell me the news and I was jumping up and down.

“The hardest thing once you get on the tour is to stay on in that first season, so the fact that it’ll be for two seasons at least is really exciting.

“Getting on the tour is all I think about – if I finish as one of the top amateurs in the PTC series then I might get on but if not, then I’ll just have to try for the Q School (next May).

“I spend time talking to the top players at the PTCs and they’re always asking me how I’m getting on so I just want to be part of it.”

Harrison notched up his best-ever result in the PTC series at the start of last month as he reached the last 32 at the seventh tournament at the South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester, eventually losing to world number 15 Matt Stevens.

Postby Wildey

yes ive followed the PTC and amataur players quite closely over the last 2 years and whats pretty clear to me Ben Harrison is easily inside the top 10 to 20 Amataur Players on the PTC so if he dont get on Tour with more places opening up it will be a Massive Shock.

Postby Roland

With that promise even if he doesn't get in through Q School this time then he sure as hell will next time with more places available. I know I'm biased but I have seen him play a number of times now, and he is absolutely good enough to get on tour and climb inside the top 50 in the next 3 to 4 years. The trouble is, so are a lot of other players and most of them are internationals. Ben's snooker peers are mostly Asian and he'll have that throughout his career, however long that lasts.