Topic locked

As Snooker Fans which option would be Best ?

The Current System with all Last 32 Matches played on 2 Tables Best of 11 Early Rounds.
35%
Play Best of 17 Matches throughout but TV Coverage Starts at the Last 16 on 2 Tables like it used to be .
65%

Total votes : 20

The UK Debate (a poll)

Postby Wildey

Theres a Lot of Debate going on about the UK Championship at the moment with reducing the UK Format so im going to do a Poll with only 2 clear cut Options Regarding 9 Day, 2 Table BBC Coverage as it is Now.

Option 1 The Current System with all Last 32 Matches played on 2 Tables Best of 11 Early Rounds

Option 2 Play Best of 17 Matches throughout but TV Coverage Starts at the Last 16 like it used to be during the Golden Period of the UK Championship.

Re: The UK Debate (a poll)

Postby N_Castle07

I've gone for Option 1 as there is nearly always a big first round shocker which makes for good viewing.

Postby snooky147

They have devalued the event even after Hearn said that the Majors would not be touched. With all due respect to the BBC the players have to be the masters of their own fate in these decisions. Let this topic and all the others against a change in the Majors be fair warning to them and Barry Hearn. Short does not always mean better. The integrity of the UK has been severely diminished so let's try to ensure the WC does not succumb to the same fate.

Postby Muppet147

Option two. But option one suggests it will 0nly be best of 11 in the 'early rounds'. Does this include last 16 and quarter finals? Rather a confused poll. Not surprising since Wild put it together.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Option two. But option one suggests it will 0nly be best of 11 in the 'early rounds'. Does this include last 16 and quarter finals? Rather a confused poll. Not surprising since Wild put it together.

option 1 says current system ie the reason for the bloody poll and debate in the first place <doh>

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Option two. But option one suggests it will 0nly be best of 11 in the 'early rounds'. Does this include last 16 and quarter finals? Rather a confused poll. Not surprising since Wild put it together.

option 1 says current system ie the reason for the bloody poll and debate in the first place <doh>

All a bit of a muddle though. I'll stick with option two.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wild wrote:

All a bit of a muddle though. I'll stick with option two.

good so will i lol

Postby beergitte

Option 1.
I would prefer longer matches but given a choice between longer matches and all matches aired, it's got to be all matches aired.

Postby Wildey

thats a fair point TBH

Postby GJ

Option 2

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:1 every day of the week if given the choice.

yes id like 1 every day of the week aswell :-D

Postby GJ

The issue i have with option 1 is that depending on who wins the title they will be slated like its not a proper major anymore.

yawn

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:The issue i have with option 1 is that depending on who wins the title they will be slated like its not a proper major anymore.

yawn

Yeh i've already pre-prepared my speech if Selby wins :chuckle:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:The issue i have with option 1 is that depending on who wins the title they will be slated like its not a proper major anymore.

yawn

Yeh i've already pre-prepared my speech if Selby wins :chuckle:

:evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

yawn

exactly judd will never be a true UK Champion like Stevens was :john:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

yawn

exactly judd will never be a true UK Champion like Stevens was :john:

Sorry just had to google there to remind myself who Stevens is ... :roll:

Judd will be a World Champion like whatshisname never was <ok>

Postby king.kauto

Ive gone option 2.
We have loads of shorter/shortened tournaments now and its getting a bit boring now.
The answer to all of snookers problems is not to cut the tournaments in half, especially something as important as the UK.
Lets just make it a black ball shoot out instead, that'll be quite exciting dont you think?
And to pick up on GJ's point - I dont think it is a proper major anymore, just another run of the mill ranker.

Postby MikePattonHead

I dont really mind, i view the UK as just another ranking event really so i said option 1 so we get to see all the matches, i was at the UKs last year and i spent most the time in the booths watchin the "lesser" matches which were much more interesting as it happened.

So do what u want Barry but DONT TOUCH THE WORLDS !!!!!!!!!