3%
Carter - Dott
6%
Higgins - Stevens
10%

Total votes : 31

Re: The Masters 2012 Draw

Postby Wildey

thanks mate i had other things on my mind forgot to put the draw up.

1st Round Draw

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan
Judd Trump v Stuart Bingham
Neil Robertson v Mark Allen
Mark Williams v Stephen Maguire
--------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Stephen Lee
Shaun Murphy v Martin Gould
Ali Carter v Graeme Dott
John Higgins v Matthew Stevens

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:thanks mate i had other things on my mind forgot to put the draw up.

1st Round Draw

Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan DELICIOUS, just hope the crowd respect DING properly
Judd Trump v Stuart BinghamC'mon Juddernaut I think
Neil Robertson v Mark AllenC'mon the Pistel
Mark Williams v Stephen MaguireMeh
--------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Stephen LeeCould be a decent match
Shaun Murphy v Martin GouldMon Gouldy
Ali Carter v Graeme DottLets go Dotty lets go
John Higgins v Matthew StevensABH, even choker Stevens

:hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I know this will be outdated after the UK but this is how I see it right now.

Ding-Ronnie:
No doubt the draw of the first round. It has been a while since the two have played an important match, to be precise the 2009 Shanghai Masters quarter final. It will be great match, very hard to predict, Ding with better performances in the majors, Ronnie with the better head to head record. Can't wait.

Trump-Bingham:
Also one of the top matches. Two of the most successful and improved players in 2011 meeting in the first round. Trump favourite but there's a lot of pressure on him.

I'm writing this on my mobile and it's very hard so I'll continue later.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 28 Oct 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Great draw only dire match is trump v TSF bottler

Postby Roland

:redneck: @smart

Ding v Ronnie - obviously not to be missed, slightly favour Ding but depends on crowd.
Trump v Bingham - sorry Stuart but Judd with daylight.
Robbo v Allen - should be a cracker like their PTC semi. See how the UK goes before calling.
Williams v Maguire - really looking forward to this. Let's see what Mags is made of against the true top players when he enjoys the event.
Selby v Lee - won't be the walkover of the final a few years ago, should be a good match and come on Selby.
Murphy v Gould - Gouldy needs to find his form but he'll be inspired by the crowd, especially if the silly shots start going in. If things go his way, Gouldy could win this event. Murphy obvious pedigree.
Carter v Dott - after the Crucible match, Dotty every time.
Higgins v Stevens - obviously Higgins favourite but hopefully Stevens can enjoy it and remind everyone what he is capable of. If it goes close though let's face it, it'll take a miracle for Stevens to be the one to come out on top based on respective player history.

And the UK is yet to come.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote::roll:

Trump will hammer him mate

1 sided that why i said a dire match for a neutral

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote::roll:

Trump will hammer him mate

1 sided that why i said a dire match for a neutral

Fair point <ok>

Ding vs Trump in QF bad monkey :excite: :win:

Postby GJ

About time robbo had a good masters

Postby Wildey

aparantly mags has a 4-1 head to head against Williams.

last time they played at the welsh open this year Mags won 5-3

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote::redneck: @smart

Ding v Ronnie - obviously not to be missed, slightly favour Ding but depends on crowd.
Trump v Bingham - sorry Stuart but Judd with daylight.
Robbo v Allen - should be a cracker like their PTC semi. See how the UK goes before calling.
Williams v Maguire - really looking forward to this. Let's see what Mags is made of against the true top players when he enjoys the event.
Selby v Lee - won't be the walkover of the final a few years ago, should be a good match and come on Selby.
Murphy v Gould - Gouldy needs to find his form but he'll be inspired by the crowd, especially if the silly shots start going in. If things go his way, Gouldy could win this event. Murphy obvious pedigree.
Carter v Dott - after the Crucible match, Dotty every time.
Higgins v Stevens - obviously Higgins favourite but hopefully Stevens can enjoy it and remind everyone what he is capable of. If it goes close though let's face it, it'll take a miracle for Stevens to be the one to come out on top based on respective player history.

And the UK is yet to come.

@Sonny <laugh>

Postby Roland

1 and 3 by the way (didn't realise it was a poll :redneck: )

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:aparantly mags has a 4-1 head to head against Williams.

last time they played at the welsh open this year Mags won 5-3

He was "on fire" in that match

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:1 and 3 by the way (didn't realise it was a poll :redneck: )

you gotta be off your head....................Gouldy is a Londoner, he is gonna have massive support not only on here but in downtown London too. They are gonna lifct the roof off, it will be electric city. GOULDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hatoff:

ps I met GOULDY once.

and so did the Casey (think there was a firm handshake)

and here I am slightly snake hissed with Gouldy

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I like polls and the draw threads are a good opportunity to include a quick vote for the best match(es). I would like to see one in every tournament draw thread in the future.

Postby Roland

buck me that last photo with Gouldy had me pmsl

Postby Smart

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I like polls and the draw threads are a good opportunity to include a quick vote for the best match(es). I would like to see one in every tournament draw thread in the future.

the world is your oyster, make it so, make it so :win:

We can even re-name you Poll_Daddy :win:

Postby Tubberlad

Ronnie v Ding... that will be a cracker. Ding to win it marginally in my opinion. I also think Higgins & Stevens ain't one to be missed

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Smart wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

the world is your oyster, make it so, make it so :win:

We can even re-name you Poll_Daddy :win:

<cool> <ok>

Postby PLtheRef

Eight very interesting first round matches, each of them will be eagerly anticipated. With that to happen I reckon that we have got a very competitive Masters lined up.

Postby Bourne

In fairness we had a great line-up last year and it was the worst Masters ever so I ain't gona get my hopes up yet :no:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:In fairness we had a great line-up last year and it was the worst Masters ever so I ain't gona get my hopes up yet :no:

Robbo was the only top 8 player to reach the quarters last year :grrr: he beat Hendry :grrr:

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:In fairness we had a great line-up last year and it was the worst Masters ever so I ain't gona get my hopes up yet :no:

Last year's Masters was up there with the worst tournaments I've watched, and I never thought I'd say that about the Masters... okay, it's overated, but it generally produces the most exciting matches (if anyone thinks I'm contradicting myself there, my point is that the format is too short for a major and it's a bit of anti-climax with no points on offer).