Postby Roland

Nicely summed up by someone in your comments section

the most exciting electrick player that has ever played the game

Re: Who was Hurricane Higgins?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Nicely summed up by someone in your comments section

the most exciting electrick player that has ever played the game

i will echo that.

and in that interview Tony Francis summed it up Alex had a buzz from crowd interaction rather than winning matches with the talent he had if he had played well within him more he would have won more especially early 80s and 70s but winning was not enough for Alex Higgins he wanted to play on the edge all the time whitch made him the most exciting electrick player that has ever played the game.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote::parrot:

not posted much for a while i was having withdrawalls lol

Postby mediter

I suppose he was someone who played the game with his natural instincts. Basically, like Ronnie once said snooker is pretty much just about angles and touch. Angles makes snooker mathematical, which I suppose is something makes it so interesting to many people. And Alex Higgins played a lot´s of flair shots with his natural instincts which made him a very interesting "mathematician"...

I remember some here has said that they started to watch and follow snooker because of Alex Higgins. For me, it was same case, I started to watch and follow snooker because of Ronnie O´Sullivan back in 2003 or 2004. He´s similar to Alex Higgins, plays the game with his natural instincts. And same with Jimmy White, so so many has started to watch and follow snooker because he played the way he played. And Jimmy said that Patsy Hoolihan was like that also. And so on....

But obviously no player is bigger than game. Is just that some players sort of light the match.

Postby mediter

.....And to be able to compete at the highest level with their "flair game", I suppose that makes them what people call naturally very talented or geniuses (at least in O´Sullivan´s case...)

Postby mediter

..........And still about these "flair players", some reckons Trump to be next people´s champion. I see Trump has more than rolls royce cue action, so he definetely has the technique and touch. Which makes him awesome single ball potter, like Mark Williams. But his cue ball control is nowhere near good as O´Sullivan´s or Hendry´s... O`Sullivan has simply set the standard so unbelievably high that it is a very difficult to find next people´s champion. He has both flair and cue ball control accuracy a la prime Hendry.

Saying all that, I love grinders also, the likes off Steve Davis and Ebdon. Game needs them too to keep standards high. And saying that, I think Ebdon also is a flair player... And Davis won 6 WC....

So overall, Great game snooker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Live forever that game

Postby Tubberlad

Are you an O'Sullivan fan Mediter? Nice to see someone who loves watching O'Sullivan play but appreciates all aspects of the game...