Topic locked

Re: P T C 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy)

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:All over!

Chavvy Bristol should give the crowd their money back!

:happy:

NID :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby GJ

GRAND PRIX 2006
WELSH OPEN 2007
BAHRAIN 2008
GRAND PRIX 2009
WORLDS 2010
WORLD OPEN 2010
PTC 7 2011
PTC 9 2011

LEARN TO COUNT MATE

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Well done Robbo.

But it has to be said once again Robbo won against a opponent who couldn't perform in the final.

yes ronnie had the same when he played tiptree shortbread in worlds 2008

:hatoff: :wave:

A win is a win :win:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

But it has to be said once again Robbo won against a opponent who couldn't perform in the final.

you learn to count hes won PTC 6 AND 8 not 7 and 9 <laugh>

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:

you learn to count hes won PTC 6 AND 8 not 7 and 9 <laugh>

:?

Postby vodkadiet

Robbo has my support. He is a credit to the sport, unlike that Chav Trump.

I am still so happy that John Higgins MBE stopped a second Chav from winning the world title,(Rigsby winning it 3 times is enough).

Neil Robertson :ahh:

Bristol Chav, Rigsby. :td:

John Higgins MBE :bowdown:

Postby vodkadiet

And who can't perform in the bedroom, by all accounts. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

*Neil Robertson* 4-1 Judd Trump

:clap: I did,nt even see any of the final as i could,nt be bothered watchin it as they,re were,nt any Scots playin in it! ;-) ,but well done Robbo all the same!. :clap:

Postby Wildey

Theres a 2 week Break now For Most Players

Next Snooker is a week on Thursday in the Premier League on Sky featuring Ronnie O'Sullivan,Judd Trump, Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui.

then on Saturday 5th and 6th of November its the Seniors World Championship again on Sky Featuring Jimmy White,Steve Davis,Tony Drago and Nigel Bond

then 2 Weeks Today at the SWSA The UK Championship Qualifiers will Be underway

and PTC 9 Will Be in Belgium is 18 Days Time.

Postby Roland

So no snooker until the UK qualifiers then. That's alright, could do with a break from it to be honest. PTCs are great but I wish they were more spread out throughout the season.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:So no snooker until the UK qualifiers then. That's alright, could do with a break from it to be honest. PTCs are great but I wish they were more spread out throughout the season.

yes everyone needs to re charge the batteries lol

but im waiting for some obscure article to pop up saying 8 of the top 16 is playing in the Timbuktu classic

Postby Tubberlad

What a player Robertson is. Six ranking titles and two PTCs, I think it's fair to say that he's playing himself into form and should be a serious contender again this season, and at the Crucible.

People never learn their lesson with Robertson. Never, ever, write him off.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:What a player Robertson is. Six ranking titles and two PTCs, I think it's fair to say that he's playing himself into form and should be a serious contender again this season, and at the Crucible.

People never learn their lesson with Robertson. Never, ever, write him off.

nobody playing better than him consistantly at the moment he will be going in to the UK on a high although theres another 2 PTC Before that.

Postby Roland

What I take from this event is that Selby was playing well, Trump crucified him and then Robbo demonstrated how to nullify Judd. Hopefully Selby will develop a gameplan to beat Judd otherwise he could end up left behind. Robbo has the edge on Selby for sure despite the fact they've still not bloody played each other!

Postby Roland

Just been reading comments around the web during my lunchbreak. So many opinions on whether Alex Higgins would have approved of Robbo winning or that he'd have been pleased Selby got beat by Judd, or whatever else. What a load of rubbish. Alex was his own man, and if you were on the receiving end of one of his rants then I doubt it would bother anyone enough into caring or changing. Robbo won because he was the best player, and if Alex wouldn't have liked it, then he would've had to lump it!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What I take from this event is that Selby was playing well, Trump crucified him and then Robbo demonstrated how to nullify Judd. Hopefully Selby will develop a gameplan to beat Judd otherwise he could end up left behind. Robbo has the edge on Selby for sure despite the fact they've still not bloody played each other!

if id put money on the more dominating player id say Selby..... Robbo does go walk about for longish periods but recently he has curtailed that i think its set up nicely for this season with Robbo,Selby and Williams the Front Runners with Higgins and never Write Off Ronnie chasing then you Got Trump,Ding and Murphy.

thats a pretty strong 8 Man in contension for every Tournament.

Postby Roland

I do feel a bit like Selby may have missed the boat by not winning the Worlds by now. After 2007 I thought he was nailed on to win it in the next 3 years, instead you've got Murphy and Robbo with no pressure because they've already done it, and Selby with the pressure still to do it. Robbo has clearly kicked on and upped his game which is what happens when you win the World Championships.

I certainly don't see Trump as being behind Selby, Robbo and Williams. I think Trump is on the verge of a new stratosphere. I think he's overtaken Mark Williams in potting ability and I think he can beat Hendry's record of 7 world titles.